Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rare interview with Herbie. Some hilarious dirt on Oates. They're like the odd couple out there:

Legitimate question- when did league become so obsessed with moving players? As soon as a player shows some potential or skill the obsession becomes where can we move him?

I guess if you are talking about Brisbane.....we've had zero talent in the 5/8 and fullback positions since Darius retired and Milford started to shit the bed.

Most of the talk about moving players seems to revolve mainly around trying to find a way to cover/explore/better those positions.

Rare interview with Herbie. Some hilarious dirt on Oates. They're like the odd couple out there:

It’s funny to imagine that the complaining from Corey that Herbie said he blocks out is about him not passing

Legitimate question- when did league become so obsessed with moving players? As soon as a player shows some potential or skill the obsession becomes where can we move him?
Money -play a spine position and you earn a lot more

It’s funny to imagine that the complaining from Corey that Herbie said he blocks out is about him not passing
He literally said Corey pretty much calls for every ball, that he's in for sure, but he blocks him out. Then when they look at the tape later he would've been no chance. Your mileage might vary on that. Sam also gave him a bit of light stick about it.

Good interview, I thought. He came across pretty well. Funny that he gets his hair cut before every game.

He literally said Corey pretty much calls for every ball, that he's in for sure, but he blocks him out. Then when they look at the tape later he would've been no chance. Your mileage might vary on that.

My mileage is pretty similar, actually.

My mileage is pretty similar, actually.
It was in response to Sam asking him how Corey scores so many tries, not so subtly bagging Herbie that most of them came from cutting him out.

Anyone else kinda missing Herbie?
For sure. Brenko strikes me as just adequately treading water and simple unable to get out of second gear. He'd be able to play prop at a push with his present stature.

I'd like to see Herbie in the coaches box though so he can still be part of where the coaching staff want the team to be heading. He has been most conspicuous with his absence from the scene.

For sure. Brenko strikes me as just adequately treading water and simple unable to get out of second gear. He'd be able to play prop at a push with his present stature.

I'd like to see Herbie in the coaches box though so he can still be part of where the coaching staff want the team to be heading. He has been most conspicuous with his absence from the scene.
That’s a good point. I haven’t seen him anywhere. Maybe they’ve allowed him to go spend time with his family across the pond

You do know that "across the pond" refers to the puddle between the UK and the USA?

I think there is more than a pond to cross to get back to blighty from here.

That’s a good point. I haven’t seen him anywhere. Maybe they’ve allowed him to go spend time with his family across the pond
I'm pretty sure he was with the team in Kingscliff, posted a beach photo to his Instagram story the same day as Adam Walsh and some of the other players.
But with the rumours going around earlier in the season that Herbie had no friends he could of just went to a different beach to fit in.

Honestly brenko has been the perfect depth player for us. We're very fortunate.
Nothing flashy, but super solid to the point we aren't really too disadvantaged with herbie being out.
His only advantage is he passes the ball more, but he has to because he hasn't got speed or a step and has no power, that said we are not exactly struggling with meters out of our own end even with Herbie gone but we do lack some line break ability.

That said I think Oates gets his best chances when he is given a ball that misses the centre anyway.

Saw Herbert doing a kids clinic a cpl of weeks back with a brace on his arm .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • Aldo
  • Xzei
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.