OFFICIAL Herbie ***** off to the dolphins

It hurts. You can understand why he takes 800?! over 650? If that was the salary difference. Still... many unanswered questions. Tough job to plan and negotiate a roster.

You certainly don't want the coach having too much say in the list construction, not just because it's Kev, but the coach is likely to have a short term focus and not care as much as they should about 3 years from now.

It really should be a lot of math, mixed with negotiation and people and business skills, that's not really the skill stack for an ex-player old school coach, the Storm have been doing it best for decades. Panthers seem to have trumped the Storm by just dominating their awesome catchment area, which will do it!

That junior to NRL pathway in an excellent catchment area is something that the Dolphins may be able to copy to win a premiership perhaps!?

I think its positional with Herbie. He prefers right center and he wouldnt mind a shot at fullback. If he thinks he can go up a few levels in his preferred position then i can see why he moved on as well as the money. That could lead to a huge contract for him in the future.

Good thing is though is that he will be leaving with a premiership.

Herbie watched The Hammer Dolphins win another game thinking “oh FFS 🤬
I won’t play Full Back there either.
Should have STFU and stayed home.
With the team that:
Made me the player I am.
Made me the man I am.
The team that will win premierships.
Even if it’s not my preferred side, it’s worth it.
The only team in QLD.
The BRONCOS.

I think its positional with Herbie. He prefers right center and he wouldnt mind a shot at fullback. If he thinks he can go up a few levels in his preferred position then i can see why he moved on as well as the money. That could lead to a huge contract for him in the future.

I get why he felt this way originally but surely he can’t get much better than he has been this year regardless of what side he’s on.

I get why he felt this way originally but surely he can’t get much better than he has been this year regardless of what side he’s on.

I do think some players are just better on one side and maybe he feels right center he can go up a level. Could also be he likes money and took a bigger offer.

I do think some players are just better on one side and maybe he feels right center he can go up a level. Could also be he likes money and took a bigger offer.
wonder if that was part of fleglers thinking too wants to challenge him self and thinks he should be a starter

I actually think Herbie will go to another level when he's moved to the right.

He'll still have his workrate, strength and defence, but it will also suit his right arm carry so I can see it opening up his offload.

If he runs into traffic on the right his strength can see him getting that arm free and putting his winger away.

I think he'll actually become Manu like on that side of the field

Who played right centre for England in the World Cup ?
Interesting Herbert was still on the left in that team .

I actually think Herbie will go to another level when he's moved to the right.

He'll still have his workrate, strength and defence, but it will also suit his right arm carry so I can see it opening up his offload.

If he runs into traffic on the right his strength can see him getting that arm free and putting his winger away.

I think he'll actually become Manu like on that side of the field
Hopefully he gets plenty of time there for Dolphins and we can toss Staggs for him when his contract is up.

I don’t think it’s a left side right side thing. He gets plenty of good ball on the left with the left being our favoured attacking side, and has had some great games there. I think it’s all about the money. Plain and simple. And I don’t blame him for going for the bigger payday.

It does seem that the ball is going to the left way more often in attack, no coincidence that that's where Mam and Walsh combine best. Not that I am discounting how good Herbie is, he is playing amazingly.

BUT... Staggs isn't as useless as he's being made out to be either. His aggression in defence is exactly what we need, and the better part of that is he doesn't come close to anything dangerous (**** I hope I don't jinx him). He just throws himself at the ball-carrier and smashes them between the waist and the chest. Momentum stopped in the opposition runs is just as good as gaining momentum in attack, just because it's not highlight reel stuff doesn't mean it's not worth the effort.

And when teams start catching on the Mam and Walsh show, they'll be putting numbers there to stop them which will open up the field for Staggs and Cobbo.

I hope so. Because he's far too overpaid to be a defensive focused centre.
That’s not his fault

Most teams naturally go left, so he’ll do a lot of defending

We would’ve paying Gillo about the same to do that at second row on the right and he didn’t make many metres but was an absolute god in defence and worth every cent

That’s not his fault
Anthony Milford says hi......
Because of his salary, he was expected to win games on his own........

Shouldn't the same apply to Staggs...?
and we're not even asking him to win games on his own........just get the ball in your hands more than once or twice in a game ......

and we're not even asking him to win games on his own........just get the ball in your hands more than once or twice in a game ......
Staggs isn't on Milford money, he also isn't a half a position you would expect to contribute in every game since he would be the creative player.

Milford was a half, he was expected to do something sometimes. Unfortunately he failed to do that way too often. Some leeway would have been given if he took less and we could afford a half that would do the work, but that wasn't the case.

Milford was a half, he was expected to do something sometimes. Unfortunately he failed to do that way too often. Some leeway would have been given if he took less and we could afford a half that would do the work, but that wasn't the case.

I was reading an article recently on Brandon Smith, it's the reason he didn't take a million dollars to play somewhere.

Active Now

• Dash
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • FACTHUNT
  • theshed
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.