NEWS Here we go again

It's probably not so much that each club has to fly to Perth once a year, it's more about the Perth team having to fly across the country 12 times a year

Not that I'm against it, I actually think Perth is ripe for a team

It's probably not so much that each club has to fly to Perth once a year, it's more about the Perth team having to fly across the country 12 times a year

Not that I'm against it, I actually think Perth is ripe for a team
All the Perth sporting franchises that already exist do this right now and have been doing so for decades. On far shittier, slower flights than a team would have to deal with these days. Hasn't stopped those sides winning titles and being highly successful in a range of codes.

And there were worse expansion sides in the mid to late 90's when the Western Reds came into existence that didn't have the travel milage they and the Warriors had to make.

The Reds were actually a fairly competitive expansion side, they copped their share of floggings sure, but they had potential, won a good amount of games and they weren't a shitstain of a side like the Crushers. Given time I think they would have been a valuable side in the competition.

Last edited:
And there were worse expansion sides in the mid to late 90's when the Western Reds came into existence that didn't have the travel milage they and the Warriors had to make.

The Reds were actually a fairly competitive expansion side, they copped their share of floggings sure, but they had potential, won a good amount of games and they weren't a shitstain of a side like the Crushers. Given time I think they would have been a valuable side in the competition.
Considering the very low bar we used for some of the Sydney clubs we retained, letting Perth go without a fight was such poor foresight from the NRL administration at the time.

If they'd shown a bit more courage, we'd currently have a team that had been there through the peak of the mining boom and the huge growth of Perth as a city. We'd have beaten off Super Rugby and the A-League and had a big head start on the hearts and minds of all the expats and Aussies who moved over to Perth in the last twenty years. Instead we have 9 Sydney clubs who can barely keep themselves afloat.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Santa
  • Strop
  • Astro
  • Painin the Haas
  • theshed
  • Gympie devil
  • jd87
  • Behold
  • something
  • FACTHUNT
  • Skathen
  • lynx000
  • Swordfish
  • Kev_Guz
  • bert_lifts
  • winslow_wong
  • Volvo Driver
  • kiwibronco
  • GCBRONCO
  • Shane Tronc
... and 60 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.