OFFICIAL Herman Ese'ese to Knights

They planned to do that with Scott. As bad a decision as it sounds, they also tried to do that with Kostalotofjasons and more recently have done so with Guerra. Ese'ese as a signing makes a LOT of sense, he is young and provides a fantastic foundation with Saifiti to build that forward pack around.

Moga is also a good signing for them. He is big and fast, and as a stupid as he is on the field, will provide them a lot of go-forward which they lack. Once they get a few decent centres on board, they can shift him out to wing to accommodate as well. I like a lot of Newcastle is trying to do at present, even the gamble on Ponga is an astute move IF it works out.

But none of that is going to matter if they don't have a good experienced leader out there to inspire them and get the best out of them.

That is, and should be, their top priority and the only thing they should be focusing on at present.

But none of that is going to matter if they don't have a good experienced leader out there to inspire them and get the best out of them.

That is, and should be, their top priority and the only thing they should be focusing on at present.

Sure, but who is available? They have money to burn and since no one of note is available, why should that stop them signing such a great young prospect who was ready to go there?

Sure, but who is available? They have money to burn and since no one of note is available, why should that stop them signing such a great young prospect who was ready to go there?

i agree, i know they have plenty more loot to spend and they are keen on picking up an experienced front rower still. lets remember, this is the nrl, the merry go round of player transfer happens all the time these days so i wouldnt be surprised if they did pick someone decent up over the off season - contracts are worthless these days.
or another alternative is they sit back and have a crack at someone next year in readinsess for 2019 season.

Much as I like Herman, I'm glad we didn't match the Knights offer. He's a solid player, but that's overs in my opinion, particularly when we have other signings to prioritise.

Ofahengaue seems to be improving, whereas we were reliant on Herman to cover when Joe wasn't up to scratch at the start of the year. So hopefully it's a bit of a straight swap in that regard.

Best of luck to Herman.

i agree, i know they have plenty more loot to spend and they are keen on picking up an experienced front rower still. lets remember, this is the nrl, the merry go round of player transfer happens all the time these days so i wouldnt be surprised if they did pick someone decent up over the off season - contracts are worthless these days.
or another alternative is they sit back and have a crack at someone next year in readinsess for 2019 season.

I really hope the Knights don't come after TPJ next year, as he off contract in 2018.

They can have Sims back instead.

Ese Ese somehow became the captain of the Broncos in my RLL4 career mode after Boyd retired.

Awkward.....

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Bish
  • Fozz
  • Manofoneway
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.