Hit ups by backs coming out of our end

Huge both you and Broncosfan are right, but part of the willingness to burn yourself for the team might also be part of why other teams look so much fitter than we do. I know I harp on about Parramatta, but in that first game back, they looked like they never stopped training, and we looked like we were first session back from the end of season break. I agree that we need an on field general who takes control of the team, now if that's meant to be Croft then tell him to voice his orders. If Milford as our $1 player is pulling rank slap him in the ear unless you want him to be the dominant voice. Same as all out 90+ game players, you don't need to be told to speak up if its quiet on field, but you do need to be told to shut up if your adding confusion to what the general is saying.

Huge both you and Broncosfan are right, but part of the willingness to burn yourself for the team might also be part of why other teams look so much fitter than we do. I know I harp on about Parramatta, but in that first game back, they looked like they never stopped training, and we looked like we were first session back from the end of season break. I agree that we need an on field general who takes control of the team, now if that's meant to be Croft then tell him to voice his orders. If Milford as our $1 player is pulling rank slap him in the ear unless you want him to be the dominant voice. Same as all out 90+ game players, you don't need to be told to speak up if its quiet on field, but you do need to be told to shut up if your adding confusion to what the general is saying.
Even at $1, I’m not sure Milford would represent good value.

In 2018 when Bennett was coaching Issako was doing KHunt style runs at the line from a ball return, since Seibold has arrived he passes the ball or runs sideways.

To make ground with the backs you really need some shapes and set plays.

An example of what I'm talking about. We didn't really have to retreat far. Forwards were ready from from play 1. It's our first set of the half so no one is tired.
Screenshot 20200722 180805

I think it all points back to our pack getting ambushed by the six-again rule change no one saw coming. We had assembled a pack of mainly young giants who are for the most part not suited to the new faster game. Compounded by a crop of insipid backs and resultant penalties.
Yes the new rules seem to have fucked us more than other teams.

Yes the new rules seem to have fucked us more than other teams.
It's true we didn't handle it to begin with but it's not a valid excuse anymore. I agree with the psychologist, it's rhythm and timing. That's why I advocated slowing things down at training and building our pace more slowly. I always thought that trying to play at faster than game speed to be counterproductive. When playing music you first learn slowly and build and I believe sport has that in common.

Last edited:
It's true we didn't handle it to begin with but it's not a valid excuse anymore. I agree with the psychologist, it's rhythm and timing. That's why I advocated slowing things down at training and building our pace more slowly. I always thought that trying to play at faster than game speed to be counterproductive. When playing music you first learn slowly and build and I believe sport has that in common.
Yeah, not claiming it's the cause of all the problems. They are much bigger but it has played a part.

I think it feeds into the negativity of the whole situation.

This happened to us. They changed this. We have so many injuries... blah blah

Starts with the bloody coach. Gets in front of the press "I'm not going to make excuses, 30 seconds later, excuse 1, excuse 2, excuse 3...."

How much has this negativity from Seibs eroded accountability culture and focus on solutions and potential for improvement?

They have a coach who comes armed with loss stats of the roosters from years ago to throw up as if he went there that day expecting to get blown off the park..... speaks volumes about where this nonsense is coming from.

I think it feeds into the negativity of the whole situation.

This happened to us. They changed this. We have so many injuries... blah blah

Starts with the bloody coach. Gets in front of the press "I'm not going to make excuses, 30 seconds later, excuse 1, excuse 2, excuse 3...."

How much has this negativity from Seibs eroded accountability culture and focus on solutions and potential for improvement?

They have a coach who comes armed with loss stats of the roosters from years ago to throw up as if he went there that day expecting to get blown off the park..... speaks volumes about where this nonsense is coming from.

Remember when he even made excuses for Boyd's performances at Five-Eighth when he referenced Keary's numbers from the week prior (Which had no relation to literally anything). Lol.

The bloke has no balls at all, can't even criticise his own players because he's worried they'll think lesser of him. In fact the opposite is probably true, if he showed some fucking passion and called out the piss poor efforts every week maybe the group would kick into gear. Instead, every week he makes excuses for them and coddles them like they're little babies who can't do anything wrong. It's disgusting.

Active Now

• Fatboy
  • winslow_wong
  • cento
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Foordy
  • Galah
  • Battler
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • broncs30
  • Kev_Guz
  • MrRobot
  • Pablo
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.