How far will we go

Would they trust each other to uphold the deal? If you don’t play 100% and keep it tight for the draw and the other team double crosses you then you are out of the finals. Who would seriously risk that? They would have to fumble their way through golden point as well. Honestly I think you can take that thought to the conspiracy theory thread where it belongs.
Is that the thread where we talk about how certain referees conspire against us?

They’d probably do what I’d do...”yeah mate, I’ll play for a draw” *quickly scores try at the 79th min*

We need to beat the Bulldogs now, otherwise we're at the mercy of the Sharks v Tigers. It's surreal that they could do a deal that would see them both make the finals if we lose to the Dogs.

If we lose to the Dogs we don't deserve to be in the finals.

After the Disgrace of Gijon , FIFA changed the scheduling of world cup games to avoid teams being put in situation where the best approach is to play for a result that allows both teams to progress .

We know in sports that when you incentivise an outcome that allows both teams to progress, where other results would mean only one does, then teams will take the incentivised option.

The NRL shouldn't be allowing the option to exist, by being getting smarter about how they schedule the final round.

They just beat the Eels, Rabbitohs, Tigers and Panthers.

True, but we are now better than all of them, and we also beat the Dogs last time we met. No excuses next week.

You are effectively talking about match fixing.
My original comment was only tongue-in-cheek mate.

Obviously they would have to come down hard on match fixing, that just goes without saying.

What I was alluding to though, is that you really shouldn’t be surprised by any ****-up or double standards from the NRL administration, no matter how big or small.

They continually shoot themselves in the foot, contradict themselves and just make shit up as they go.

Indeed, we shouldn’t be surprised if they rewarded the Sharks for match fixing with a Golden Ticket to the GF.

After all, they really didn’t punish them for the peptide saga or salary cap breaches that conveniently only happened either side of their premiership year, did they...

My original comment was only tongue-in-cheek mate.

Obviously they would have to come down hard on match fixing, that just goes without saying.

What I was alluding to though, is that you really shouldn’t be surprised by any ****-up or double standards from the NRL administration, no matter how big or small.

They continually shoot themselves in the foot, contradict themselves and just make shit up as they go.

Indeed, we shouldn’t be surprised if they rewarded the Sharks for match fixing with a Golden Ticket to the GF.

After all, they really didn’t punish them for the peptide saga or salary cap breaches that conveniently only happened either side of their premiership year, did they...

It would not surprise me one bit if the nrl decision advisor was actually that cross-eyed dude from Spaceballs.

I'd almost invite the Tigers and Cronulla to **** us over. Not only would that cause an absolute shitstorm in the media, it would expose the shameless ***** who will happily piss the integrity of the comp into the wind for the sake of petty malice (Kent and Tallis). It would set an unbelievable self serving precedent which is frankly the last thing this comp needs right now with the likes of Melbourne and Sydney running around.

I openly invite them to do it, because the consequences would almost be more interesting and more profound than the Broncos just turning up in September to be rolled in week 1 or 2.

I’d like to think Benji wouldn’t do us like that after we basically saved his career. The Sharks on the other hand ...

I think versing Manly in round 1 of the finals would be far better than versing the eels. In the second week, If we made it, is say the order of teams we would want to play would be raiders > Rabbits > Roosters > Storm. Even though roosters are the best, we just never beat Melbourne.

As much as we have a good record against Raiders, would much Prefer to play South's, Raiders are very dangerous this season.

It would not surprise me one bit if the nrl decision advisor was actually that cross-eyed dude from Spaceballs.
"I'm sorry sir, i'm doing my best"
"Who hired this guy?"
" i did sir, he's my cousin"
"What is your name?"
" he is an asshole sir, Major. Asshole
Giphy 14

Last edited:

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • Morkel
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.