How would you rank Bronocs players based on fitness(top 5)

Mustafur

Mustafur

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Jun 13, 2019
I saw a similar Topic on the NRL reddit and thought I would ask a similar question here, it's obviously not based on how they fare up in pre season but the last seasons you have seen them and how you would rank them, there is obviously some here that have more information then most of us but we all have the eye test to go by from what we have seen as well, Dunno something to talk about in the off season I guess..

I guess you could say Fitness just equals stamina but I think when it comes to defensive load that also requires alot of muscle endurance considering tackling is probably the most energy intensive thing other than sprinting.

For me it would be:

1. Haas
2. Herbie
3. Patty
4. Walsh
5. Riki

I think Walsh is the biggest guess here for me, I haven't watched many Warriors games but he is a very active fullback on attack and in the modern game that for sure requires alot of fitness given they cover the entire field, I would of added Niu on here but his days are numbered and likely will be gone any day now so best to forget about him though I think he would probably be 3rd if I had to put him somewhere if there is one part of his game that is elite it would be how fit he is.

Some might be surprised I think about me putting Riki but given how much defensive work he does in each game that requires alot of stamina not to mention he always seems ready to break away from a pack if given the opportunity, even though you could argue he has looked gassed in alot of games at the end, doing tackles is definitely the one thing that uses more energy than anything else(outside of a long sprint).

The top 3 I think are obvious atleast in how it looks when in games, it's probably possible Herbie is even fitter than Haas given how good he is at one on one tackles and is always the one that will be sprinting in support in attack or in defence if we get broken.

I'm absolutely clueless on Smoothy I haven't watched a single game he played in Qcup outside highlights, so I can't judge, but if he is a regular 80 min hooker he would likely be in this list.

I saw a similar Topic on the NRL reddit and thought I would ask a similar question here, it's obviously not based on how they fare up in pre season but the last seasons you have seen them and how you would rank them, there is obviously some here that have more information then most of us but we all have the eye test to go by from what we have seen as well, Dunno something to talk about in the off season I guess..

I guess you could say Fitness just equals stamina but I think when it comes to defensive load that also requires alot of muscle endurance considering tackling is probably the most energy intensive thing other than sprinting.

For me it would be:

1. Haas
2. Herbie
3. Patty
4. Walsh
5. Riki

I think Walsh is the biggest guess here for me, I haven't watched many Warriors games but he is a very active fullback on attack and in the modern game that for sure requires alot of fitness given they cover the entire field, I would of added Niu on here but his days are numbered and likely will be gone any day now so best to forget about him though I think he would probably be 3rd if I had to put him somewhere if there is one part of his game that is elite it would be how fit he is.

Some might be surprised I think about me putting Riki but given how much defensive work he does in each game that requires alot of stamina not to mention he always seems ready to break away from a pack if given the opportunity, even though you could argue he has looked gassed in alot of games at the end, doing tackles is definitely the one thing that uses more energy than anything else(outside of a long sprint).

The top 3 I think are obvious atleast in how it looks when in games, it's probably possible Herbie is even fitter than Haas given how good he is at one on one tackles and is always the one that will be sprinting in support in attack or in defence if we get broken.

I'm absolutely clueless on Smoothy I haven't watched a single game he played in Qcup outside highlights, so I can't judge, but if he is a regular 80 min hooker he would likely be in this list.
I’m not able to say on anyones fitness really, but I know the few games I watched Walsh play he was always pulling up towards the end of games with serious cramps. I’m sure our fitness gurus will have noticed this and moved to resolve it.

At a total guess…
Haas
Herbie
Hoeter
Carrigan
Walsh

Might be easier to try and work backwards

Cobbo
Staggs
Robati
Palasia
Paix
Flegler
Walters
Tesi
Reynolds
Riki

All start to look like they’re struggling toward the end of matches

Might be easier to try and work backwards

Cobbo
Staggs
Robati
Palasia
Paix
Flegler
Walters
Tesi
Reynolds
Riki

All start to look like they’re struggling toward the end of matches
I'm not surprised by one of them I particular considering seen him having a dart on a night out... I cannot fathom the stupidity considering your job depends on your fitness....

Vape is different to a Cig though, while health wise they seem to both be as toxic but for a few different reasons, vaping doesn't seem to restrict breathing anywhere near as much unless you get an allergic reaction.

I think from a players sporting perspective Drinking is just as bad health wise, considering it hurts recovery and eats at muscle growth, but it's accepted.

While all of it isn't the best look if they can still perform I'm not so critical about it.

I mean MJ was a avid Cigar Smoker in his prime and no one questioned it because he was clapping everyone.

I mean MJ was a avid Cigar Smoker in his prime and no one questioned it because he was clapping everyone.
He was only clapping young boys to be fair.

DFE66AF2 19B7 4624 BA66 9EBD4BDB20A1

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • MrMoore
  • theshed
  • Brocko
  • GCBRONCO
  • Strop
  • Old Mate
  • I bleed Maroon
  • KateBroncos1812
  • leon.bott
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • Wolfie
  • Mustafur
  • HVbronco
  • BroncosMan
  • Fozz
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • LittleDavey
  • Big Del
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.