Hunt wants a premier farewell

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
BRONCOS halfback Ben Hunt is determined to make 2017 his best year yet after he told coach Wayne Bennett he wants to leave Brisbane with a premiership.

Hunt began his final season with the Broncos on Saturday night, captaining the club to a 30-12 trial victory over reigning premiers Cronulla at Redcliffe.

And while it was just a trial match, the star playmaker admitted it was the beginning of what he hopes will be his biggest year yet before he moves to the Dragons at the end of the season.

The 26-year-old said it was a good show of faith to be named skipper by Bennett for the clash, especially after he had made big promises to his coach for the year ahead.

“I had a good chat with Wayne before I made my decision (to go to the Dragons),” he said.

“He said he’s going to back me 100 per cent this year. I said that I’m keen to stay here, I want to win a comp before I go and I’ll give it everything I’ve got.

“He’s got his full faith in me and I’m happy he does.”

Hunt put in a solid performance against the Sharks on Saturday night, but admitted there were some areas he could improve.

With the Brisbane forward pack doing most of the work in an attempt to impress Bennett, Hunt had to take the back seat at times.

But he said that won’t be the case for the rest of the season, as he strives towards his best form.

“I just want to play this year as my best year I’ve ever played at Brisbane and hopefully go out on a high,” he said.

“All I can do is turn up and play my best each week. I love and respect all the boys in this team and I’d like to give as much as I can for them this year.

“It’s good to just get (the move) out of the way. I won’t worry about that now. That will take care of itself at the end of the year.”

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...p/news-story/dfb4b85e9a5b9b31553d5ee51b6de4e3

I reckon it's going to be hard for him at the Drafons to be honest. He clearly loves the Broncos and wants to play his whole career with them. Moving for money is understandable but I wonder what will happen to him.

I reckon it's going to be hard for him at the Drafons to be honest. He clearly loves the Broncos and wants to play his whole career with them. Moving for money is understandable but I wonder what will happen to him.

He's basically going to be playing our 2014 season again every year for the rest of his career

his wallett will be in the game, but perhaps not so his heart, or as much anyways

Of course he does because he ain't going to be getting 1 at dragons.

Unread

Active Now

• Gaz
  • lynx000
  • Behold
  • bert_lifts
  • Mick_Hancock
  • broncsgoat
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • phoenix
  • Purple Pills
  • Mr Fourex
  • Foordy
  • TimWhatley
  • inwyn
  • Fozz
  • Xzei
  • winslow_wong
  • theshed
  • Johnny92
  • Skyblues87
... and 8 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.