OFFICIAL TEAM UPDATE. MAD MONDAY FOREVER

A SATISFYING END

SEPTEMBER 4
Latest updates on fresh injuries and charges in post below.

INJURED

LATEST JUDICIARY

Do these suspension preclude them from playing in trial matches too? If so if the name them for a couple of trial games it would help, but I seem to remember it only works that way for Sydney teams.

Under NRL rules, only players guilty of a grade three offence and higher are ineligible to play in trial matches until their suspension is complete.

So Piakura can play, but not Flegler. Latrell Mitchell's charge was grade two, so he's free to play the trials, but not the Allstars. He's also been allowed to play Charity Shield.

Under NRL rules, only players guilty of a grade three offence and higher are ineligible to play in trial matches until their suspension is complete.

So Piakura can play, but not Flegler. Latrell Mitchell's charge was grade two, so he's free to play the trials, but not the Allstars. He's also been allowed to play Charity Shield.
How the hell can Flegler's be a higher grade then Latrell's. No damage, questionable if first contact was even high vs caving a bloke's face in.

Look who Latrell played and plays for...
He got a 6 week ban that possibly cost Souths the Grand Final, plus he's been wiped out of his favourite game of the season, the Allstars match, so not sure he or the club got cut that much slack.

Flegs needed some time on the sideline. Hopefully, he'll have learned from it.

He got a 6 week ban that possibly cost Souths the Grand Final, plus he's been wiped out of his favourite game of the season, the Allstars match, so not sure he or the club got cut that much slack.

Flegs needed some time on the sideline. Hopefully, he'll have learned from it.
His lengthy suspension was because he had prior offences. His offence for smashing Manu's face should have been graded way higher imo, I think he got off lightly.

Flegler is playing this week. named to start at Prop

Flegler is playing this week. named to start at Prop
That's interesting. Must be because it's not against an NRL team. If that's the case he won't play either of the next two trials.

Really? I remember the incident pretty clearly and Mitchell just lined him up and purposefully planted his shoulder into manu’s face. I thought it was a horrible look.

going by the grading would be stupid ... so i wouldn't find it surprising that the NRL does this.

just comparing the Flegler and Mitchell incidents. and Latrell's grade 2 reckless is significantly worse than Fleglers grade 3 careless ... but based on a set grading limit, then Latrell can play but Fleger can't despite the lesser offence, as evidence by the lower suspension)

going by the grading would be stupid ... so i wouldn't find it surprising that the NRL does this.

just comparing the Flegler and Mitchell incidents. and Latrell's grade 2 reckless is significantly worse than Fleglers grade 3 careless ... but based on a set grading limit, then Latrell can play but Fleger can't despite the lesser offence, as evidence by the lower suspension)

And that there is the stupidity that "grading" determines whether they can play or not. Reckless itself is a far more severe charge than Careless. So some one who commits a Grade II Homicide on the field would be able to play trials.

Te Maire Martin:

“Hopefully my hamstring should be OK. I had a pretty heavy week of training but my head feels good and the shoulders feel good so I will improve. My legs got a little tight in the second quarter but it was good to get a hit out.”

“It’s nice to be back. I had a lot of nerves before the game but once I got into it, it was pretty exciting. It is still sinking in. Everything feels good, even going to the change rooms, just the smell of the dressing room, it brings all the memories back. It’s been a long time out of rugby league. There will be a lot of competition for jerseys and positions here at the Broncos, so I’m not getting too far ahead of myself.
“It’s just nice to be back playing again.”

McHunt

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Midean
  • Broncorob
  • Dash
  • ezpz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Jazza
  • BroncsNBundy
  • kiwi2
  • Galah
  • Redux
  • IceWorks
  • Alec
  • leon.bott
  • Xzei
  • Bronx48
  • broncos4life
  • Fozz
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.