OFFICIAL TEAM UPDATE. MAD MONDAY FOREVER

A SATISFYING END

SEPTEMBER 4
Latest updates on fresh injuries and charges in post below.

INJURED

LATEST JUDICIARY

Herbie made it pretty clear with Joey on Friday night he has a desire to play fullback.
If i was Kev and TMM is out for Thursday night then I’d be handing Herbie his opportunity. You can’t pull Cobbo off the wing atm, he Is just gelling too well with the other boys to move position.
Let Herbie show us what he‘S got. If he kills it, he will probably have more bargaining power in negotiations.
Depending if Clifford is back this week, whoever plays 1 will have to have some training under the high ball this week. The kid can kick a bomb.
Not a bad option... Unless Mead is back??

I'd be putting Lee centre, Herbie to fullback. Good call

I think @meady has only just been cleared to play but if he’s fit he would probably be the conservative choice. As Martin has shown, we don’t need anything too outrageous from a fullback other than organising the defence and catching kicks. The odd early pass to the outside backs is a nice bonus. But the fullback gig at the broncos is a fairly simple one at the moment.

If by chance we are sitting comfortably toward the back end of the game Mead and Cobbo could swap at times to give Cobbo a taste but I agree Selwyn should just be allowed to focus on his wing play and be a weapon for Reynolds to use.

Herbie is a good shout if you want to try something a bit different. Like everyone I have a strong curiosity to see how he goes but we don’t really have anyone playing well in the centres in cup. Brenko has been pretty poor.

Brenko / Perera on right wing .
Selwyn to FB . Least disruption to the defence structure .Herbie`s defence lately has been outstanding . Don`t mess with it .

Pereira deserves a shot IMO, he was excellent in the trials (though I don't know how his Cup form is?) I'd much prefer him to Brenko tbh.

From what I've seen, Periera is still the same as trials, very good for the most part but still with a drop / brain snap or three each game.

From what I've seen, Periera is still the same as trials, very good for the most part but still with a drop / brain snap or three each game.

He's had five handling errors in six games, consider he's on the end of some terrible service and plays. Last night in pouring rain he didn't have any errors.

Still think he's the best performing ISC Bronco this season.

I hate so much that Cobbo is being moved from the wing. Oh well.... Here we go

Brenko is a right centre ...
Mead would struggle with the cardio if he hasn`t been playing . It`s a shame Mariner is injured I would have liked to see him play outside Kotoni .

They all have their flaws at fb.
Cobbo is too quiet to organise the defence and attack
Herbie doesn't pass the ball, although last game showed there is a glimmer of hope that he can become a willing passer.
Mead - He's a winger, not a FB. Didn't show much promise as fb last season.

I still dont know why we would change what is working so well. A Cobbo, Reynolds & Staggs combo.

Please just give Herbie his chance at FB. Hopefully TMM Is given right up to kick off and is good to go.
How good would it be if Newcastle think Cobbo wont be on the wing and then come kick off he runs out in the 5 jersey.

I still dont know why we would change what is working so well. A Cobbo, Reynolds & Staggs combo.

Please just give Herbie his chance at FB. Hopefully TMM Is given right up to kick off and is good to go.
How good would it be if Newcastle think Cobbo wont be on the wing and then come kick off he runs out in the 5 jersey.

TMM will attempt to train Wednesday, I think Mead will play there if Martin is out. They don't want to upset what is working.

TMM will attempt to train Wednesday, I think Mead will play there if Martin is out. They don't want to upset what is working.
Has Mead trained there? Yesterday the report was Cobbo was training at FB.
Hopefully TMM trains and gets thru on Wednesday.

This is the ideal scenario for Milf to have a blinder and lead the Knights to an unlikely victory so that the media can have a field day.

Well the guy bludged big time while pocketing a king's ransom while he was here. So, I think it's only fitting that someone like Kobe or Patty totally shortens him up at the first opportunity they get as a karmic payback for short changing us over those last few seasons.

We need to restore the pride and what it means to pull on a Broncos jersey. Milf, at times, fully disrespected our colours. Please don't let him rub salt into a wound that has still not healed.

Dobbo saying this morning that TMM is about 90% chance of playing, but if he doesnt it's more likely Mead would be rushed into fullback.

They dont want to mess with the right edge.

To me Mead at fullback is the best option if TMM is out as it creates the least disruption and he's experienced at fullback... it's a straight 1 for 1, rather than moving parts all over the field.

TMM hasn't necessarily been an attacking spark for us back there so we just need someone that can replicate what he's been doing in defence and Mead is probably best placed to do that

Probably for the best but Mead’s fitness would be very questionable at this point. He’s a tough bastard but, I’m sure he’ll push through it if called upon.

TMM has shown we don’t need anything spectacular from a fullback. Just someone who does the basics well.

edit:
@BroncsFan made my post redundant. Completely agree

Dobbo saying this morning that TMM is about 90% chance of playing, but if he doesnt it's more likely Mead would be rushed into fullback.

To me Mead at fullback is the best option if TMM is out as it creates the least disruption and he's experienced at fullback... it's a straight 1 for 1, rather than moving parts all over the field.

TMM hasn't necessarily been an attacking spark for us back there so we just need someone that can replicate what he's been doing in defence and Mead is probably best placed to do that
Wisdom has always dictated that you don't weaken one area of your team to resolve another. Keep our right edge attack as is. The Knights don't know who to mark there at the moment.

Meady won't let us down if asked to do a shift there.

From what I've seen TMM has been very chatty at the back both in attack and defence. He's not lighting the number 1 on fire in attack - but he is slotting in well for well timed passes.

I agree Mead would be the best sub - but I feel we lose something from this. TMM's been a bit of a major source of calm.

Active Now

• KateBroncos1812
  • Mustafur
  • Broncorob
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.