I am Rugby League Royalty

Jeba

Jeba

International
Mar 4, 2008
Well, not me, my Grandfather is.

If you live in South East Queensland you have probably heard of the Wattles Rugby League Club from Clifton and Allora. Some of the names that have played there over the years include Shane Webcke and Kirk Reynoldson and they were well represented in the Queensland teams in the early-mid 1900's.

Well they recently named their Team of the Century, as well as naming the Teams of the Century for both Allora and Clifton. My Grandfather (on my mum's side) has been named as the Front Rower of the Century for Allora icon_smile

Now my Mum and her sister are in Sydney on the night of the presentation and cannot make it, so I have received the callup to accept the award on my Grandfather's behalf. So it will be me standing up there with some absolute Rugby League legends of the Darling Downs area icon_smile

For those who don't know - have a read of either Wayne Bennett's book or the old Bronco Country book and you will read about a bloke called Basil Phelan who was Wayne's mentor when Wayne was growing up. That there is my Grandad!! Very very proud of him right now! :D

Gees what an honour. You must be so proud of your Grandad. Bet he had stories to tell .
Enjoy your night Jeb and don't forget the camera icon_smile .

Well I can't compete with a hottie like that! :P

Good stuff mate. What an absolute honor icon_thumbs_u

Can you sign my mousepad???? :P

That's awesome!

Jeb... you legend... maybe we should meet [icon_wink

Nah seriously, that's awesome news mate. Great honor for your family and a nice little place in history icon_thumbs_u

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncosgirl
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Stix
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Wild Horse
  • sooticus
  • theshed
  • Midean
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
  • Fatboy
  • Fozz
  • TimWhatley
  • Big Del
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.