I did not boycott Locky's farewell: Stuart

Kaz

Kaz

State of Origin Captain
Mar 5, 2008
RICKY Stuart did not throw his toys out of the cot and refuse to come on to the field after NSW lost Origin III. He was not snubbing the farewell presentation to Queensland great Darren Lockyer.
The Blues coach says it was nothing more than an oversight after being caught up in the emotion of watching his team let the series slip away at a pulsating Suncorp Stadium.

"I know what the narks out there will be thinking. That I did not go on to the field because we lost," Stuart told us. "But I've changed from that person. I congratulated Mal and Darren in the Queensland rooms after the game. I just didn't realise there was a presentation going on. I would've been only too happy to be there for Darren's presentation.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...-farewell-stuart/story-e6frepbx-1226091035743

He could have run out as soon as he realised his team were a no show.

Since when do they not do a presentation after the last origin, especially if its a decider!

Since Ricky 'forgot'

He wouldn't have forgotten if NSW won.

just another show of poor sports manship from the blues.

Ricky Ricky Ricky, it seems you just can't hack losing. Beats me how you survived at the sharks for so long

I kinda feel sorry for Ricky, the bloke has talent as a coach he just doesn't know how to manage his blokes for a full comp. His gameplan for game 2 worked but he didn't have a second plan.

Of course Rocky would bitch about it, he will bitch about anything because he hasn't tasted success since the Broncos Grand final in 2006. The rest of us are lucky our state is so damn good, makes the wait for another premiership abit easier.

Traditionally it's respectful for the losing coach to be on the field with his team for the presentation.

So if it's respectful to do so, it's disrespectful not to

Stuart is spewing BS.

He may have thought noone would notice he wasn't there.

What did you want him to do, watch the presentation ad bow down to his feet on stage? (don't answer that)

Just to show some respect to what QLD did & show some respect to the achievements of Lockyer & maybe some respect to himself.

We learnt from you, the master of whinging & sooking.

Fair call to complain about this IMO. First legitimate criticism you've levelled at Ricky though.

its bad sportsmanship for the loser not to be there when they award the winner the trophy. you dont see the runner up at wimbledon walking off the court as soon as he/she loses and skipping the trophy presentation, do you?

poor form ricky. make any excuse you want, youre just a sore loser and everyone knows it.

The worst part was he let his team face the presentation with the unsportsmanlike booing for the Qld crowd, without him.

This farcical situation with Ricky claiming he didn't know a presentation was going on just highlights, to me, the character of the bloke.

Mals rant is making more and more sense the more you think about about it.

Ricky needs to have a good hard look at himself and ask himself does he want to go down this path IMO

Unread

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Griffo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.