I hate the media!

Now the pillow-biters are sinking the slipper in:

An activist who has complained about a skit on Channel Nine's Footy Show that featured Matthew Johns's fake brother 'Elton Johns', says he will take no further action if The Footy Show features a segment explaining the dangers of gay vilification.

In the skit, former Footy Show host and NRL player Matthew Johns dressed up in a blonde wig, pink sunglasses and bright orange suit to sing British singer Elton John's song Tiny Dancer.

In the skit 'Elton Johns' was taken to hospital because he was gay and "faulty".

On the one hand I tend to agree with the sh1t-fingers, the skits weren't 'satire' at all, they were certainly poking fun at the fictional gay Johns' brother. On the other hand, it was pretty harmless stuff and was playing off Elton Johns' flamboyant gayness. I dunno, on balance I guess the puddle-jumper is right but I still want him to STFU and go away.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/05/29/2584744.htm?section=justin

Just to be clear, I have no problem with homosexuals at all. But I think this stunt reeks of opportunism and I don't think it's cool to kick anyone while they're down, even if the crafty butcher* happens to be right in this instance.

*likes to take his meat around the back

Steve Price was talking this morning about Charmayne Palavi. Apparently Channel 7 have signed her for big dollars and flown her to a classy resort somewhere to film a tell-all show about all the NRL players she's shagged.

I guess they best be careful about defamation cases.

Unread

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Sproj
  • Old Mate
  • Xzei
  • Jedhead
  • MrMoore
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.