I LOVE IT WHEN THEY CALL ME BIG PAPALII

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
A YEAR at the centre of an eligibility war has convinced Josh Papalii that youngsters should give back to the region that developed them.

Papalii was starstruck when he joined the Queensland Academy of Sport's Emerging Origin Camp last weekend.

It marked the beginning of what many predict will be a long career in maroon.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...ate-over-country/story-e6frep5x-1226565463851

Didn't realise this beast had changed his mind and is now going to represent Queensland (well, 99% chance he will).

Good shit man. This dude is a tank. :rockon:

I'd love to see a change in eligability rules so he could represent NZ and Queensland. Born in Auckland, moved here at age 6.. surely that's good enough for him to feel an allegiance to his heratige while appreciating and being a part of the passion for SOO.

I don't ever see it happening though since muppets in charge like Australia to have a monopoly on players.

Rate him highly, he's already one of the best players at the Raiders IMO.

I'd love to see a change in eligability rules so he could represent NZ and Queensland. Born in Auckland, moved here at age 6.. surely that's good enough for him to feel an allegiance to his heratige while appreciating and being a part of the passion for SOO.

I don't ever see it happening though since muppets in charge like Australia to have a monopoly on players.

I disagree .......he's lived longer in Oz then he has in NZ. Why shouldn't he pledge his allegiance to the country that has clothed, fed and educated him since he was an infant.

What has NZ done for him....??

I used to think the same (eligible for both Qld & another nation) because I thought players like Petero & Hayne for example could really bring the Fiji team forward while still being able to represent their states. But then I thought of a player like SBW, who would demand to play for NSW even though I would seriously doubt any passion he has for the state. So while it could be an advantage one way, it would seriously erode the quality and genuine passion of SOO.

Papalii is a beast. Can't wait to see him pull on a maroons jersey

I used to think the same (eligible for both Qld & another nation) because I thought players like Petero & Hayne for example could really bring the Fiji team forward while still being able to represent their states. But then I thought of a player like SBW, who would demand to play for NSW even though I would seriously doubt any passion he has for the state. So while it could be an advantage one way, it would seriously erode the quality and genuine passion of SOO.
Under the new rules i think letting people represent there heritage as well as either NSW/QLD wouldn't be as bad as before. SBW and anyone that has moved to Australian in there teen's shouldn't be aloud to play State Of Origin, but someone like Petero or someone with Fijian heritage such as Hayne should be able to represent Fiji.

All good ideas but it just introduces another eligibility nightmare. We can barely get it sorted between states without complicating things with NZ.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Redux
  • Aldo
  • Allo
  • jd87
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Fozz
  • Strop
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • Battler
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  • bb_gun
  • ezpz
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • broncsgoat
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.