Illegal Recreational Drugs

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
no such thing.

there are medicinal drugs and there are ILLEGAL drugs
I suggest you partake in a few illegal drugs so you can see how much of a non-issue a bloke railing a couple of lines on grand final night is

Foordy

International Captain
Staff
  • Staff
I suggest you partake in a few illegal drugs so you can see how much of a non-issue a bloke railing a couple of lines on grand final night is

after watching what my best friends family went through, when he found his brother after an OD, i think i'll pass ... i have no intention of putting my family through the same thing

broncsgoat

State of Origin Rep
after watching what my best friends family went through, when he found his brother after an OD, i think i'll pass ... i have no intention of putting my family through the same thing
OD'd from coke did he?

That must have been some maradonna level quantities.

Renegade

State of Origin Rep
Like it or not, no matter what your view on them, if you think they are a big deal or not, they are illegal. Thats a plain and simple fact. Naden stuffed up.
Yep I agree. I like drugs. I have taken drugs before and will take them in the future.

However, my current line of employment doesnt care what I do outside of hours, so it's not a concern.

When I previously worked at the mines, I was drug tested regularly and thus didnt do drugs during this period because my employment was on the line, regardless of my view on whether it should or shouldn't be illegal.

When naden signed an nrl contract, he agreed to the rules. Those rules included dont do drugs as per WADA. That's the long and short of it. He broke the rules of his contract.

Ideology doesnt come into it.

Nashy

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
no such thing.

there are medicinal drugs and there are ILLEGAL drugs

I do have to point out that in the post where your mate's brother passed away, these drugs were illegal.

Honest question. Do you think he would still be here today, is he knew the exact strength, origin, and ingredients of the product, and had access to safety information right on the packet?

theshed

Return of the Mac
Yep I agree. I like drugs. I have taken drugs before and will take them in the future.

However, my current line of employment doesnt care what I do outside of hours, so it's not a concern.

When I previously worked at the mines, I was drug tested regularly and thus didnt do drugs during this period because my employment was on the line, regardless of my view on whether it should or shouldn't be illegal.

When naden signed an nrl contract, he agreed to the rules. Those rules included dont do drugs as per WADA. That's the long and short of it. He broke the rules of his contract.

Ideology doesnt come into it.
For the record, and I’m not assuming you’re talking to me, you probably aren’t but I think he deserves whatever punishment the NRL sees fit. He broke the terms of his contract as you said, my comments are based around all the stone throwing in glass houses that tend to happen when a player gets stung.

Renegade

State of Origin Rep
For the record, and I’m not assuming you’re talking to me, you probably aren’t but I think he deserves whatever punishment the NRL sees fit. He broke the terms of his contract as you said, my comments are based around all the stone throwing in glass houses that tend to happen when a player gets stung.
Oh for sure, I think some people (generally speaking, not anyone in particular in this thread) are pretty naive about how many people regularly use drugs and might be shocked at their professions.

Surgeons, drs, lawyers, high profile businessmen, elite athletes, ex-cops (retired, not booted from the force), paramedics... they all do it.

theshed

Return of the Mac
Oh for sure, I think some people (generally speaking, not anyone in particular in this thread) are pretty naive about how many people regularly use drugs and might be shocked at their professions.

Surgeons, drs, lawyers, high profile businessmen, elite athletes, ex-cops (retired, not booted from the force), paramedics... they all do it.
Don’t tell anyone about teachers under 30.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.