NEWS Impotent numpties-in-chief cower behind Seibold's contract

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Spineless chairman Karl Morris and his blundering dill lackey CEO Paul White horrified shareholders at their floundering club’s virtual AGM this morning:

“The board would like to be clear in respect of ongoing speculation on Anthony’s tenure at the Broncos. He is, and he will remain, our coach. The CEO made it clear that every employee at the Broncos has their performance reviewed at the end of each season, in line with stringent performance management. In terms of recent disappointing team performance, there are a large number of players returning from injury in the coming weeks, and the board is looking forward to improved performances.”

Doubling down, he stressed barely-legal coach Seibold’s contract has no performance clauses, meaning they'll be up for a multimillion-dollar shit cleaning bill when it comes to his inevitable sacking.

White assured shareholders the club WOULD NOT be entering a bidding war for David Fifita - because reason not given.

34409 39 1

Are we a joke to you?

And then due to the Melbourne virus (not to be confused with The Storm) Morris and White selectively chose to answer questions submitted via email. Here is a sample of the feckless corporate dross dished back:

“It is (COVID) expected to result in a significant reduction in the group’s revenue and profits for the 2020 financial year"

“We are not in a rebuilding phase.”
“We remain in the market to strengthen our roster and to develop the football operations.”
“It is currently a challenging environment which requires constant strategic pivoting.”
“In addition to widespread operational cost reductions across all areas, a review has been undertaken of the fixed cost base of the business, including remuneration levels, and both current and future staffing requirements."
“In conducting this review, the board and management have taken a measured approach, balancing both the need for job preservation for when ‘business as usual’ resumes, whilst also considering the current and future operating environment of the NRL competition.”

Morris also confirmed White will thankfully **** off for good at the end of the season with his replacement appointed by September. Probably Raelene Castle knowing our luck.

653675ce901e1e989a63933bb5e421f0

I can has top job?

McHunt

Last edited:
it really would be a broncos thing to do to bring in raelene castle.

fucked the bulldogs
continued fucking over ARU (tbh they didn't need help with that)

why yes, she is the perfect candidate and a female to boot, give her a 10 year contract.

you do realize the AGM is a SHAREHOLDERS meeting right ...

his speech would have been tailored to them ... their main focus is financial.

if he was talking to fans, he would likely have said something different.

he also stated that all employees have their performance reviewed at the end of next year.

losing White next year is dangerous for the club, especially if we get the wrong replacement (like Ikin)

he also stated that all employees have their performance reviewed at the end of next year.

losing White next year is dangerous for the club, especially if we get the wrong replacement (like Ikin)
What has he said to the media about Seibold and his contract that’s any different though? He’s pissing in our pockets and telling us it’s raining at every opportunity.

Nope. They've invested in a football team. When the biggest shareholder is dropping screamers across its dailies to sack the coach, I think maybe that's the business at hand.

Nope. They've invested in a football team. When the biggest shareholder is dropping screamers across its dailies to sack the coach, I think maybe that's the business at hand.

Karl Morris is one of our biggest shareholders representatives on our board ... i think he knows more about what they want than Peter Badel ... who is just in it for the clicks

Agree but what I don't get is why they don't simply direct the board to move the coach on.
That would be far less painful all round instead of death by a thousand cuts all played out in the public arena.
In my view seibold will be moved on after white is gone, probably in the off season. I just hope most of the board follow.
Two other comments also annoyed me.
1. Saying Siebold is and will remain our coach doesn't mean jack shit after saying similar things about Bennett in 2018. I believed them then I don't now.
2. Saying we are not in a rebuilding phase and then in the next breath that we remain in the market to strengthen our roster sounds contradictory. Yes I know all clubs are arguably always looking to strengthen their roster but given the state ours is in anyone can see it needs rebuilding.

Karl Morris is one of our biggest shareholders representatives on our board ... i think he knows more about what they want than Peter Badel ... who is just in it for the clicks
I wonder if they want a Chairman and CEO who eagerly waved through a five year, performance free contract for a newbie coach?
[automerge]1595305031[/automerge]
Agree but what I don't get is why they don't simply direct the board to move the coach on.
Because it would be pissing a few million dollars down the toilet, and he's managed to bullshit them it's all going to come good when Turpin recovers.

Last edited:
Good point but that just means News Corp are playing this from both ends. Typical murdoch.
[automerge]1595305344[/automerge]
I wonder if they want a Chairman and CEO who eagerly waved through a five year, performance free contract for a newbie coach?
[automerge]1595305031[/automerge]

Because it would be pissing a few million dollars down the toilet, and he's managed to bullshit them it's all going to come good when Turpin recovers.
Yes but the longer he stays on the more money they are going to piss away.
No point throwing good money after bad.

Last edited:

I think you really overrate the importance of White on here. He is not a once in a lifetime executive, he has done a good job with a ~$50M revenue business, its hardly running Exxon or GE.

The Broncos have been successful off the field before White and will be successful off the field without him in the future.

Shareholder Chris Johns railed at the “cherry-picked” questions:

“The AGM was pathetic, it was a facade. As shareholders, we didn’t even have a proper forum in which to grill Karl Morris and Paul White on the real issues at the club. There was an opportunity to type in your questions, but the questions were cherry-picked and they only answered the questions they wanted to answer. The questions that were a bit curly, they just summarised the question and answered how they wanted to. One of the questions came from one of the Broncos’ first accountants who had 10 years at the club, so he’s not an idiot."

“Their answers were waffle.”

Darren Lockyer says he is "losing sleep at night:"

“It hurts but it is the reality and we’ve got to find a way to fix it. The AGM is about the financial performance of the company but there is always a lot of questions around the team’s performance and the club’s performance. This year with the results there was a lot of focus on the club and the team’s performance.”

McHunt

We’ve been lucky to trade on our name being tied to past success. We need the team to succeed otherwise the money will continue to disappear.

The team should always come first. But they also need the team to be the Broncos, not just play for them

That’s why you have fans, that’s why you had success and that’s why you still have money.

You can have all the fancy new training centres, brand new cars, corporate shill events and whatnot, but if the team is failing, the club will lose fans. Lost fans equal less money on all fronts. Shareholders need to worry about the team.

First, last and arguably only rule at Red Hill should be: The team needs to win.

Shareholder Chris Johns railed at the “cherry-picked” questions:

“The AGM was pathetic, it was a facade. As shareholders, we didn’t even have a proper forum in which to grill Karl Morris and Paul White on the real issues at the club. There was an opportunity to type in your questions, but the questions were cherry-picked and they only answered the questions they wanted to answer. The questions that were a bit curly, they just summarised the question and answered how they wanted to. One of the questions came from one of the Broncos’ first accountants who had 10 years at the club, so he’s not an idiot."

“Their answers were waffle.”

I'll take him seriously ... just as soon as the best interest of the Broncos enters his thinking (instead of the best interest of his mate)

Mate White has fucked this club dry, how on earth can you still be defending him?

Seriously, what is it with this board and 'reviews'.

What came of that big, insightful review that was apparently supposed to happen last year after the Eels bent us sideways? What then is the point of Locky's current review? How could all these reviews possibly lead to precisely zero action?

Johnsy couldn't be more on point, the entire board and the environment it has fostered needs removing ASAP. And I would argue that it's removal is more urgent than the coach.

What absolute waste of time this is turning out to be.

Active Now

• Thelmus
  • Mighty Bronx
  • Broncos Maestro
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Lozza
  • Wild Horse
  • Johnny92
  • Xzei
  • Sproj
  • MrRobot
  • Astro
  • MrTickyMcG
  • matthewransom34@ic
  • cento
  • Broncosgirl
  • Aldo
  • Pablo
  • I bleed Maroon
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.