Injury Update: Fifita Out Of Brace, Lodge Looks Good

The other thing with TPJ is he intimidates, this side doesn't have anyone else who does it. Carrigan, Flegs and Turps can hit hard but you need that Carroll type who terrifies the opposition runners/big boppers. Parra were literally laughing at the Broncs last night and like in previous years the kids just took it.

The other thing with TPJ is he intimidates, this side doesn't have anyone else who does it. Carrigan, Flegs and Turps can hit hard but you need that Carroll type who terrifies the opposition runners/big boppers. Parra were literally laughing at the Broncs last night and like in previous years the kids just took it.

I noticed this most with Oates v Fergo. Fergo was laughing at Oates all night and he would just react with a bashful smile and avoidant eye contact. Completely stood over.

I noticed this most with Oates v Fergo. Fergo was laughing at Oates all night and he would just react with a bashful smile and avoidant eye contact. Completely stood over.

Yep, there are some really fragile egos in the side and that is where having TPJ be TPJ is so important, he is the leader the kids need to know will always have their back. It is one of the reasons why Thaiday was important for so long.

This side is one or two years from being legit heavyweights but they won't get there in a day and they certainly won't ever get there unless they develop that hard edge.

Lexi out next game it appears after suffering a gash in his leg...

Bullemor up next..?

I’m cautious about the the hype surrounding Cardigan but his performance against the Eels was impressive. I can see him becoming the dude you just don’t want to run at in the next year or so. To hit hard all game is one thing but to cover the gap and close shit down all game as well is what those “next level” players have. Definitely becoming a fan.

The North remembers.

I’m cautious about the the hype surrounding Cardigan but his performance against the Eels was impressive. I can see him becoming the dude you just don’t want to run at in the next year or so. To hit hard all game is one thing but to cover the gap and close shit down all game as well is what those “next level” players have. Definitely becoming a fan.

Some forwards develop faster some develop slower, Carrigan hasn't made an explosive mark straight out the blocks like say Haas and Fifita have but not all forwards do(and doing so isn't always a case of it ending out great either, they can end up fizzling as well not long after). Parker for example didn't impress me much early on and it wasn't until a few seasons on could I recognise why exactly the Broncos were keen on him. What I like about Carrigan is his attitude and work ethic both on and off the field, for a young man he is well grounded and I don't think the calls that he is potential future captain material is unwarranted.

That's presuming that TPJ's defence on an edge can stand up to the rigours of week to week action in that role, which the jury is still very much out on to be fair.
Assuming he doesn't have regular visits to the judiciary.

Active Now

• Ondi
  • broncos4life
  • LittleDavey
  • Culhwch
  • sooticus
  • Jazza
  • Lurker
  • Broncosgirl
  • mieko
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.