International Cricket 2012/13

He bowled as well as Johnson in terms of wickets taken and regardless, my whole problem is that Johnson is getting picked on the back of mediocre odi bowling form simply because he was cracking 150. What does odi bowling have to do with tests anyway?

You are missing the whole point of why people are wanting to see Johnson picked. Shows you are a poor judge when you are saying his bowling in ODI cricket has been mediocre. Johnson wouldn't get a look in if Pattinson, Starc and Cummins were fit.

Well let's just agree to disagree.

You are missing the whole point of why people are wanting to see Johnson picked. Shows you are a poor judge when you are saying his bowling in ODI cricket has been mediocre. Johnson wouldn't get a look in if Pattinson, Starc and Cummins were fit.

Agreed.

Of the fit players left, Johnson was probably the pick of the bunch.

He certainly showed some improvement on his past performances, but he'd still be way down the pecking order for a test recall.

As far as Faulkner goes ... i still don't think he's ready yet.

Johnson is perfect when we have senior bowlers around him. Siddle and Harris are quality and generally keep it tight and bowl a good line and length. Johnson in an intimidating wicket taker when he has his action right. With McDermott mentoring Johnson I think he might be able to keep his action right and terrorize the poms.

With every day that passes I just SMH at the insipid circus that is Australian cricket... We've become exactly like England used to be during the 1990s.. We are so completely and totally fucked this summer.. But we'll keep fooling ourselves that everything is on track..

god help us because we're so far off track ATM it's ridiculous

Last edited:
WTF wouldn't they pick Chris Hartley? Best keeper in Australia by a mile, and a bloke who doesn't give his wicket away. It astounds me he is NEVER mentioned in selection discussions while fucking nuffies like Wade, Paine and now Handscomb and even Peter fucking Nevill get mentioned ahead of him! Gahhhh!

My god I am so with you there. It's astounding. I thought with Boof in there now things may change, but clearly not.

Hasn't Hartley been playing Sheffield Shield for Queensland for many years?

Hasn't Hartley been playing Sheffield Shield for Queensland for many years?

Yes, and he's getting on a bit now. But he should've been given a go 2-3 years ago. He's been so good for so long, by far the best keeper in Australia.

Warner with a 100 in shield which is good signs for him. Smith, Clarke and Rogers also in the runs a bit.

With every day that passes I just SMH at the insipid circus that is Australian cricket... We've become exactly like England used to be during the 1990s.. We are so completely and totally ****ed this summer.. But we'll keep fooling ourselves that everything is on track..

god help us because we're so far off track ATM it's ridiculous

This should cheer you up!

James Sutherland won't be sacked if Australia lose Ashes 5-0

James Sutherland will keep his job as chief executive of Cricket Australia even if the Test team loses the Ashes five-nil, chairman Wally Edwards has declared.

Also at the AGM, Sutherland said he was "confident we are on the right track" in returning the Test team to the top of the world.

Asked what he wanted to see from Michael Clarke's team in the next 12 months, Edwards said: "We want to see continued improvement, and I will reaffirm, if we lost the [Ashes] series five-nil, James Sutherland will still be the CEO of Australian cricket. James is contracted through to June 2015 after the World Cup and there will not be any changes in that situation regardless of how we perform on the field this summer. Full stop.

Warner with a 100 in shield which is good signs for him. Smith, Clarke and Rogers also in the runs a bit.

when he starts making consistent runs in test matches we'll take notice ... that goes for all of them.

in keeping with Australian cricket's disintegration, the shield scene is a bit like English county cricket nowadays .. so many 'dibbler-dobbler' plodders ambling in off 15 paces and sending down 125kph pies .... a far far cry from a decade ago .. so with curators on call to prepare feather bed pitches this season, its no wonder big scores are being made.

I know I'm on a very cynical bent this week with all things Australian cricket but its just so frustrating to sit by and watch the poor planning and completely bizarre decision making - exhibit A: Cookies must be enabled. | The Australian ... HUH ???!

Last edited:
Warner, Rogers and Smith with tons in the shield this week.

Pfft shield form, it's all about "hitting them well" in the nets.

Quiney and Maxwell to open the batting at the Gabba.

Last edited:
Good to hear that some of our batsmen our finding some form in the Sheffield Shield it can give them a real confidence boost as well. England having an unbeaten first wicket partnership of 300+ does obviously show they are in form but the Hobart wicket is very easy to bat on and get a big score and the Gabba wicket will test them a lot more.

Is it just me or does Maxwell look like a douchebag version of Cameron Smith?

He most certainly does and it is freaky. But he is a real Victorian, therefore not in the same ballpark as Smith. ;)

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.