Q-CUP Intrust Super Cup 2019

It's old news now, but I just read the Broncos and Capras have formalised a game development agreement which will see the Broncos support their junior systems.

The Broncos and Capras have had a strange relationship in the past. I wasn't aware the Broncos and Capras relationship ended until the Broncos stopped sending them affiliates in 2016. Even then I wondered how strong their relationship was given Oates was our only link to the club.

I wonder if this is apart of Seibold's vision for the club? The affiliation was announced on the 14th of December, Seibold officially signed on for 2019 on December 3rd so the timeline is dicey, but if we accept that Seibold was making moves for 2020 and beyond it isn't out of the question.

Definitely Siebold, everything good is the Sieb at work. In Sieb, Broncs fans trust.

Little bit off topic however I went for a look down at langlands park today.
I seen 2 absolute beauties running around for easts in the 18's.
Jack howarth, big strong backrower who hits like a steam train and is very very very good.
The other kid was a fullback, jack bower/bauer (not really sure to be honest)
Ridiculously fast and skillful.
These 2 lads are both with the storm but definite ones to keep your eyes on for the future.
Both are incredible

Broncos have one less feeder club in 2019.

Little bit off topic however I went for a look down at langlands park today.
I seen 2 absolute beauties running around for easts in the 18's.
Jack howarth, big strong backrower who hits like a steam train and is very very very good.
The other kid was a fullback, jack bower/bauer (not really sure to be honest)
Ridiculously fast and skillful.
These 2 lads are both with the storm but definite ones to keep your eyes on for the future.
Both are incredible

Thanks for the report, tal.

Do you mean Jack Bowen-Boyer?

His brother Josh was with the Broncos a few seasons back.

Thanks for the report, tal.

Do you mean Jack Bowen-Boyer?

His brother Josh was with the Broncos a few seasons back.

Anytime mate.

Yep I reckon that is him. He is off the charts quick and is a real footballer.

Does Yesterday's blowout in the score line gives an indication of the gulf between ISC and the NRL? Bearing in mind this was not Broncos starting 17 either.

Why be so cryptic? Why not just tell us who it is?

Not allowed. But I gave you 99% you could think for a second and work it out.

Norths no, Bullemor, Paix etc.
Redcliffe no Hopoate.
Wynnum no Burns and playing a trial
Souths half the Broncos team and played them last night.

Supposedly Brendan Lindsay announced on Triple M that the Jets and the Broncos had signed a new development arrangement. Whether that has any bearing on ISC, I'm not sure.

I would have thought if anything the Broncos would be gaining another affiliate now that they've renewed their relationship with the Capras.

Does Yesterday's blowout in the score line gives an indication of the gulf between ISC and the NRL? Bearing in mind this was not Broncos starting 17 either.

In a one off game the full timers should win but the point of the ISC isn’t to beat NRL teams it’s to develop NRL players and be strong clubs on their own.

As a pathway and a tough competition getting guys ready for NRL it’s excellent. All those guys last night were developed by ISC clubs, Dearden was Tweed up till 24 hours ago.

Sheffield Shield can’t match Test cricket but it can prepare guys and develop them.

Supposedly Brendan Lindsay announced on Triple M that the Jets and the Broncos had signed a new development arrangement. Whether that has any bearing on ISC, I'm not sure.

I would have thought if anything the Broncos would be gaining another affiliate now that they've renewed their relationship with the Capras.

It’s just a one year deal with Ipswich Juniors.

In a one off game the full timers should win but the point of the ISC isn’t to beat NRL teams it’s to develop NRL players and be strong clubs on their own.

As a pathway and a tough competition getting guys ready for NRL it’s excellent. All those guys last night were developed by ISC clubs, Dearden was Tweed up till 24 hours ago.

Sheffield Shield can’t match Test cricket but it can prepare guys and develop them.
Good points you make. But that's not what I asked. The point I was trying to establish was that young guys running around in the ISC may look the goods, but it's a hell a step up into the NRL.

Good points you make. But that's not what I asked. The point I was trying to establish was that young guys running around in the ISC may look the goods, but it's a hell a step up into the NRL.

I answered that by pointing out most of the Broncos are making that step. Haas, Fifita, Turpin etc.

The Broncos-Magpies comparison isn't fair. The Broncos are considered one of the best NRL sides heading into 2019, whereas the Magpies would be a middle of the road side. Souths-Logan also rely heavily on the Broncos to provide them with talent, so they were getting beaten by some of their best players.

Is there a gulf between NRL and ISC? Absolutely. The stars of the ISC don't necessarily evolve into the stars of the NRL. Such is the life of part-time football. However, it's still a fantastic sifting process that weeds out the young talent who are superstars in their own age group but against men are continuously exposed. It's also a great platform for talent who didn't necessarily play their best football at 20 to make something of themselves and play themselves into the NRL.

Unread

Active Now

• MrRobot
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Porthoz
  • Johnny92
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • NSW stables
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.