Q-CUP Intrust Super Cup 2019

I get that they've got to put their interests first and I don't doubt the Broncos would do the same, but it does seem a bit harsh to pull them out of a Rep fixture just so they can train as practice for the NRL squad guys.

Since the Interstate Championship has come back the last few years I've really enjoyed watching the Queensland Cup guys go up against their NSW counterparts on Grand Final day and I really feel like the Residents game only adds to that rivalry (it's a bit like their State of Origin) and is great for generating interest in second tier footy in general so it would be nice to see the best players being made available and the fixture being given a bit more respect from the NRL and the clubs.

It sounds like I'm picking on Melbourne but honestly they've been more than happy to use this competition to source and incubate developing talent for several years now but when the time comes for the QRL and the competition in general to showcase itself they've chosen to pull their guys from the team.

Titans too pulled Arthars out.

I agree it's a shame because for a lot of players this will be their only Queensland jumper, they might not have played Under 18 or Under 20. It's a shame to miss out.

But I understand that if Smith got hurt and Grant wasn't there ready to go because he was playing golf on the coast in camp then you'd have hell to pay.

Brett Greinke was our 2015 Under 20s captain wasnt he

Titans too pulled Arthars out.

I agree it's a shame because for a lot of players this will be their only Queensland jumper, they might not have played Under 18 or Under 20. It's a shame to miss out.

But I understand that if Smith got hurt and Grant wasn't there ready to go because he was playing golf on the coast in camp then you'd have hell to pay.
With Arthars though at least he's actually getting a game this week. Harry Grant wasn't named in even in the extended 21 man squad so he can't play anyway can he? If he was even an outside chance I could cop it a little more, but the reality is he's their third string Dummy Half, he's not even in the extended squad for the week and he's realistically just gone down to Melbourne to run opposition training drills instead of getting a Rep jersey like you said.

If Isaako spends, say a couple weeks or more at ISC, what team is he listed to... is it still South Logan? and will he be fullback or wing?

Do we have a say where he plays or is it upto the ISC coaches?

Last edited:
If Isaako spends, say a couple weeks or more at ISC, what team is he listed to... is it still South Logan? and will he be fullback or wing?

The only say the clubs have is whether the player is available or not. So if the club isn't happy with the way certain players are being played, they'll pull them from the game or even change their affiliation.

Sometimes too a player maybe a better fit somewhere else. Last year Tino started off with the Falcons but the Storm decided mid-way through the year he'd be a better fit at Easts and they went onto make a Grand Final.

Now Tino is back with the Falcons and they're looking primed for a premiership run.

He is still with Souths, he loves the club same as Flegler they go to Souths' games together. The NRL club can make suggestions about positioning and time spent on the field. It certainly doesn't go down too well if you ignore it.

Souths are coming off a 70 point loss so they are certainly not in a position to be not doing what the Broncos ask. Souths are compliant and will play him at the fullback that's where he was good last year.

Cleeland from not in the team to Queensland captain is interesting. Can't say I have seen that too many times. Arrow did it in a rep team from 18th man to starting and Reed did it last year for the 20's from outside the 17 for Queensland but promoted to captain is odd.

Always liked Hoeter, surprised he has never played much NRL.

Kennar seems to be the only one not celebrating/smiling after every try so far, last one to join in the try celebrations.

Not sure how much that says about Kennar, strange though

Scarlett was outstanding today, he is having the best year I have seen him have in ISC. That start was terrific and NSW just got blown away couldn't get their defence right at all. Queensland's big men just rolled through and Cleeland kicked beautifully.

Tweed were outstanding in the Championship game, Sexton, Coates and Walsh were great, so dymamic and McCann has them primed.

If Jimmy were to play Qcup this week, he would've suited up for Wynum. But due to Wynum playing in PNG, Jimmy's Visa has expired. So he will remain in Brissy

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Skyblues87
  • Johnny92
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • BroncosAlways
  • Horseheadsup
  • Dash
  • Brocko
  • Locky's Left Boot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.