Q-CUP Intrust Super Cup 2019

If I was Darius I would've asked the boys to get down to the game and show Jimmy some love. Not sure when their flight got in from NZ, but seeing the team support would be a great boost for Jimmy's mental state. Specially it being Indigenous round.

Have to say, for all you people who want Roberts in over Shibasaki, i hope you are watching him right now. You should give yourselves an uppercut. Lazy and disinterested. He's got no chance of earning a spot with a performance like this.

Take this with a grain of salt because I’m not sure on how reliable the source is....but apparently after the team was read the riot act from Siebold about what was expected by the guys on and off the field if they wanted to play 1st grade, Jimmy got up and moved his name from 1st grade to qcup & walked out.

If that’s true he’s going to have to put a lot of work in to get the trust of staff & team mates back.

Have to say, for all you people who want Roberts in over Shibasaki, i hope you are watching him right now. You should give yourselves an uppercut. Lazy and disinterested. He's got no chance of earning a spot with a performance like this.

Agreed he just doesn't look like a bloke who is even interested in giving the Broncos a reason why he should be in first grade. Mundine and Tallis should give themselves an uppercut as well.

Scarlett looks like a level above everyone else out there.

Sam Scarlett has been absolute quality today, really controlling the game and his defence has been superb. Has really outplayed Dargan/O'Sullivan , who haven't been too bad (no knock on Darg/Sos at all ), Scarlett looks like he's on another level.

I don't think Jimmy has been overly bad, it looks really hot and dry, he seems to be labouring a little and walking a lot, which could be down to match fitness, I would've liked to have seen him involved alot more.
Seems to be communicating well in defence, But it looks like the fitness isn't there.
Another week or two to gain his fitness

I like the look of Bullemor and Riki

Last edited:
Sam Scarlett has been absolute quality today, really controlling the game and his defence has been superb. Has really outplayed Dargan/O'Sullivan , who haven't been too bad (no knock on Darg/Sos at all ), Scarlett looks like he's on another level.

I don't think Jimmy has been overly bad, it looks really hot and dry, he seems to be labouring a little and walking a lot, which could be down to match fitness, I would've liked to have seen him involved alot more.
Seems to be communicating well in defence, But it looks like the fitness isn't there.
Another week or two to gain his fitness back before joining the Bris 17.

I like the look of Bullemor and Riki
Yeah, Jimmy hasn't been too bad, we'll have see how he goes with some more match fitness.

I'm pretty unimpressed with Dargan, he looks kinda clueless and shitty. SOS has looked better, but Scarlett definitely smashed them both.

It just makes you wonder why the penny only dropped now for Scarlett.

Watching Tweed v Pride.

Coates on debut two tries, first one on the end back inside beat a few guys. Second one backs up a nice jump and scores.

Four tackle breaks.

Good to see big Georgie Fai play in the halves today [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]
Screenshot 20190526 182828 Samsung20Internet

Watching Tweed v Pride.

Coates on debut two tries, first one on the end back inside beat a few guys. Second one backs up a nice jump and scores.

Four tackle breaks.

I've seen him playing a bit of centre and a bit of wing, where do you think he plays his best footy? I just want this to become a reality -

2. Oates
3. Coates

I've seen him playing a bit of centre and a bit of wing, where do you think he plays his best footy? I just want this to become a reality -

2. Oates
3. Coates

To me he looks like an out and out centre.
[automerge]1558860031[/automerge]
Watching Tweed v Pride.

Four tackle breaks.

Surely he's got to play NRL next year.

Last edited:
I think he's a winger, the way he moves and positions himself. Came in field when suited and stay out when suited. His second try was a great example of staying out and letting the ball find him.

Made a handling error coming out of his end but he did really well on debut.

@1910
Hypothetically speaking, Say if we released O'Sullivan to the Cows, Could we then pick up Scarlett or do we have to wait till next season?

@1910
Hypothetically speaking, Say if we released O'Sullivan to the Cows, Could we then pick up Scarlett or do we have to wait till next season?

You'd need to do it before June 30 but why go backwards? You've tried him before and it didn't have a good outcome.

Was going to say Scarlett good early start but then did a Hunt, dropping the ball on kick off after Wynnum scored an early try. Carrigan good early start.
[automerge]1559373118[/automerge]
Poor pass from Scarlett going out of touch lets the Blackhawks off.
[automerge]1559373486[/automerge]
Talk about a brain fart from Wynnum, gift try under the post from a totally unnecessary pass.
[automerge]1559374031[/automerge]
Wynnum making plenty of errors, blackhawks haven't taken advantage of it outside of that one try.
[automerge]1559374275[/automerge]
Scarlett definitely not having the game like last week so far.
[automerge]1559374418[/automerge]
That is better from Scarlett, nice little grubber for a try.

Last edited:
Simpkins hurt shoulder from Wednesday and can’t back up tomorrow.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Dash
  • Morkel
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Waynesaurus
  • Organix
  • Mustafur
  • broncsgoat
  • westy316
  • BroncoFan94
  • Browny
  • Harry Sack
  • theshed
  • Foordy
  • Redux
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Financeguy
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • BruiserMk1
  • Brocko
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.