Q-CUP Intrust Super Cup 2019

I'll catch the rest of the replay later. What I am seeing from O'Sullivan is his work with his edge forward. It's important for a half to develop a good combination with his edge backrow and O'Sullivan is doing a good job of it.

I thought he lacked some vision towards the end of the half. The Pride were well short on numbers down their left and he should have taken the odds to it. Instead he goes the cross-field kick, it was well short and ended up being a penalty to the Pride.

Dargan's had some great touches, but his general play leaves something to be desired. I'll watch it again in the replay, but you can see why he hasn't been given an opportunity.

Farnworth was very busy, sometimes doubling up and not afraid to show some skill with an offload or a kick for himself. Bullemor came on late and his foot-work through the middle was troubling the tired Pride defenders on the inside. I will be keeping a close eye on Riki in the replay.

I know it’s vs the Pride, but how is Herbie not playing ahead of Shibasucky and Coates?

I know it’s vs the Pride, but how is Herbie not playing ahead of Shibasucky and Coates?

Because he's a winger. Even in the games he was listed in the centres, he was playing outside of Pollock.

What bothers me is that Richie Kennar was signed over him.

Watched Taylor pretty closely today, he was ok. I would love to see him find his love by having a real crack. Not just out the back shovel it on, if he ran three times I would be shocked.

Nice short ball for a try and Cook but have a go mate, chip kick and play some football.

Kobe Hetherington will debut for Norths on Saturday. Jason's son and a Broncos contracted player.

Last edited:
Week one is here.

Redcliffe v Tweed.

Very interesting to see how Taylor handles finals, chance to salvage something from his season and use it to move into a better 2020.

Spry is the Tweed big weapon, he just has to get him early and clean ball. McGrady has to be around the ball the whole game and demand it.

Will Perese get back in time? His 10 minutes allows him to play but the early start for this game makes it hard.

Redcliffe forwards are stronger, Premiers and finishing the year well. Tweed's backs are stronger.

I am going to err on the side of Dolphins.

Norths v Easts

Easts with no momentum and no happiness, I think they might be on the end of a hiding today. They're too unhappy to win finals.

Walters v O'Sullivan. Walters will try hard and will be a danger but O'Sullivan, Ahearn and Dargan will get the Devils home by a lot.

Norths were my prediction to win the comp 12 months ago so I will stay with their youthful enthusiasm.

Devils are young and care free and those teams catch fire during finals.

Wynnum v Bears

Good game, Wynnum at home is a nightmare. Scarlett will touch the ball 450 times and direct this around but Bears are finals kings.

Bears forwards will always see them win finals when not playing well but I think at home Seagulls too strong.

Gebe to get two.

Blackhawks v Falcons

This is interesting, Falcons have been exceptional all year but minus Grant they become clunky. Unless Grant is playing today after playing Friday night? If he is Falcons will win.

I think Gilbert has had a great season and plays the type of football that can carry a team deep into the finals- should be playing NRL.

I don't think Falcons let this slip but will be close.

Herbie with an early try. Norths lead 10-0 after 15 mins

Last edited:
Kata the difference atm (kicking goals too). Norths bombing chances

SoS off with a knee injury. Highly unlikely he’d be able to play next week. No contact, awkward landing. Could be any of the _CL injuries

Well got a bit wrong there, Falcons just started poorly and never got it back. Really disappointing first up finals performance. Blackhawks now become really hard to roll.

Famous Tigers win, how do you lose seven in a row into finals and then win finals? Sacked coach and unhappy players. Unbelievable. Norths just didn't take chances and losing O'Sullivan was massive.

His run for his try was great vision.

Tweed let that slip, looked good at times, thought they had it but like the Tigers the Dolphins just stayed around. These clubs are built on that.

Wynnum v Bears- just typical Bears, no ball no worries just tough it out. Gebbie got his two though!

Falcons to bounce back with Nicho. Wynnum too strong at home, Dolphins have to hit the wall soon.

Active Now

• Locky's Left Boot
  • Redux
  • Allo
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.