• Start date
M

Major JW Hochstetter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Indian Premier League rocked by match-fixing claims against 27 players
Robert Craddock
April 27, 2010 12:00AM

THE Indian Premier League has been rocked by claims of match-fixing against 27 players, including an Australian, and the suspension of a leading official likely to be thrown out of the game.

Lalit Modi, the debonair, fast- talking 46-year-old entrepreneur who was the architect of the Indian Premier League, has been suspended by his Indian bosses for "alleged acts of individual misdemeanours''.

And, in another major development, London's Sunday Times has claimed that 27 players including a "famous'' Australian have been accused of fixing matches in last season's IPL tournament in South Africa in a report by India's income-tax department to the country's finance ministry.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/india ... 5858547295

I'm shocked....

Seriously, I'm shocked it took 3 seasons before some Indian mofo started cheating in this competition.

Coxy said:
I'm shocked....

Seriously, I'm shocked it took 3 seasons before some Indian mofo started cheating in this competition.

That was pretty much my thoughts too - if ever a comp was begging to be rorted it's this one

No doubt it will be someone else's fault tho

HAHA not surprising. At all. I still like the IPL for betting purposes. Easy money to be made.

Obviously the Australian involved with this will be Monkey Boy Symonds. Who wants to take a bet?

That guy is an absolute arsewipe.

Silence said:
Obviously the Australian involved with this will be Monkey Boy Symonds. Who wants to take a bet?

That guy is an absolute arsewipe.

Yeah maybe, I read that Warney was a suspect but his team was woeful and never really in a position to throw a game IMO.

Bucking Beads said:
Yeah maybe, I read that Warney was a suspect but his team was woeful and never really in a position to throw a game IMO.

Well if they were woeful maybe they were throwing games then.. [icon_shru

I bet it's Brett Lee. All that hair product must be expensive especially given he's hardly played a game in years.

ethos said:
Bucking Beads said:

Well if they were woeful maybe they were throwing games then.. [icon_shru

Possibly but Warney's team was the worst out of the lot talent wise.

The overall outcomes of matches haven't been doctored. With the IPL you can bet on absolutely EVERYTHING. For instance: how many dot balls an over, how many runs per over, wides per over etc. These are the types of bets that have been fixed.

m1c said:
The overall outcomes of matches haven't been doctored. With the IPL you can bet on absolutely EVERYTHING. For instance: how many dot balls an over, how many runs per over, wides per over etc. These are the types of bets that have been fixed.

I thought that would doctor the outcome of the game....

Active Now

• broncos4life
  • Brocko
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Bucking Beads
  • Santa
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • the_next
  • leish107
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • broncsgoat
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Cavalo
  • Waynesaurus
  • Jazza
  • Culhwch
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.