PLAYER Payne Haas Discussion

He also didn't eat for a month.
Oh don't worry he ate that month. It's just that he was restricted from eating during daylight hours. Once the sun went down he was heavy on the fang until sunup. he was also allowed to eat and drink normally during flights.

Still it must have been hard passing away water and power drinks during training.

Now I'm not saying I don't think he is a freak, he clearly is. Last year I was thinking he could go on to be the best forward in the game. He is now to the point where he shouldn't make the NSW side.

However, this year has been a poor year, and I believe it's also down to how he is used. He is really poor in defence, he gives up easy post contact metres, and his goal line defence is possibly the worst of any forward in the NRL. He never moves off the line, which is why you see him defuse kicks and the commentators blow up his ass for being there, when he was only there cuz of laziness. 3-4 times this year he has let someone score over top of him just due to poor contact and also being right on top of the goalline instead of moving up 2-3m, really really bad.

Now also notice he takes his hitups almost exclusively on the 4th tackle where the metres are easiest, you rarely see him taking tough early runs.

Discuss.

May have come off the boil due to overuse but I’ve got a mountain of respect for him to keep pushing when most other forwards have given up on the season. His little brother just died and a change of coach and still smashing 200m plus in well beaten teams.

Yep the try line defence needs a bit of work and used 2 off the ruck in other plays and an offload in the mix and he’s the best forward in the game.
Absolute gun IMO and criticism comes due to desperation For him to blow games apart which is another cop out on bludging, non performing senior players who need a rocket or to be moved on.

Last edited:
Why would you waste him on an edge? He should be a 50-55min middle.
He has unreal footwork for a huge human, a big engine and fast. We have lodge, Carrigan, bullemor, Flegler, tpj and to a lesser extent Kennedy for middle forwards. We need dynamic backrowers Riki looks promising Glenn is almost done.

He has unreal footwork for a huge human, a big engine and fast. We have lodge, Carrigan, bullemor, Flegler, tpj and to a lesser extent Kennedy for middle forwards. We need dynamic backrowers Riki looks promising Glenn is almost done.
TPJ and Riki are fine edges. Kennedy is arguably the worst player in the NRL.

Nah he's not overrated, but he isn't the finished article yet and I think we need to treat him as such.

If only you could take a bit of TPJ's aggression and give it to Haas.

Why would you waste him on an edge? He should be a 50-55min middle.
Yeah, Kikau, NAS and other big blokes used by the top teams are constantly running at halfbacks these days because it's totally ineffective and leads to poor meters, no tries and the halves really contain them well. /s

TPJ and Riki are fine edges. Kennedy is arguably the worst player in the NRL.
TPJ wants to play in the middle, let him. Riki - has potential from the very limited time we have seen him, hardly a bankable proposition yet.

Kennedy, as far as dollars per quality of performance goes has held up very well. You can't have 30 stars with a salary cap and need some 'fair' quality players to balance the books and in that regard he fits the bill.

Jesus, the kid has only played 40 bloody games and there's already a thread about whether he's overrated..

Give the kid some time to actually learn and grow. It's going to take him a good few years before he even hits his stride.

Jesus, the kid has only played 40 bloody games and there's already a thread about whether he's overrated..

Give the kid some time to actually learn and grow. It's going to take him a good few years before he even hits his stride.
With no real experience in the forwards to show him the way / guide his development and half of those games in a team which has been absolutely been comprehensively destroyed.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • Cavalo
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Harry Sack
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Skyblues87
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Aldo
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Midean
  • HarryAllan7
  • johnny plath
  • Xzei
  • kiwi2
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.