NEWS Isaako eyes big switch

He was a massive tool

But I also don't think he was a very good fullback. Super 1 dimensional. Couldn't pass. Decent winger.. just had an ego that wasn't worth its weight

He won our player of the year in 2010 whilst playing fullback I believe. Mind you I think Macca might have won it one year aswell so not sure how much weight that holds.

It’s the nines for **** sakes
Shaun Johnson looked great out there too but was mediocre all season
13 a side is a lot more different
I wouldn’t read to much into nines form

I'd be more than happy to see him trialled there. It's no secret I think Milford should be back in the halves and out of all the options, sorry, non-options we have for fullback, he's the only one that has some potential to work out.

He did show some flair in the nines and his drop kicks were spot on. During an interview he acknowledged Johnson for setting him up - take note Dearden / Milf. Also he should be aware that Fifita generally breaks the line down his side and to follow him through could get some like results.

Isaako was brilliant during the nines

Confidence is all he needs, the coach needs to put faith in him and give him the 1 jersey. WB knew Boyd was reaching the back end of his career, that's why he endorsed Jamayne to take over eventually.
We might disregard him like Warriors did CNK and he kills it elsewhere.

he came off second best and had to leave the field
So? There's not many backline players in the NRL that wouldn't come off second best to Fifita. Sorry to point out but that's not a good argument if that's what it's meant to be. Plus he was back on the filed 1 minute later and may have scored another try I think. Good on him for manning up and trying to out a big shot on the runaway train. You can't tell me you didn't feel a bit proud of our lads?

So? There's not many backline players in the NRL that wouldn't come off second best to Fifita. Sorry to point out but that's not a good argument if that's what it's meant to be. Plus he was back on the filed 1 minute later and may have scored another try I think. Good on him for manning up and trying to out a big shot on the runaway train. You can't tell me you didn't feel a bit proud of our lads?
That shit inspires and fires a team up. When you have a teammate putting his body on the line for his team, that places an onus on everyone to do likewise.

That shit inspires and fires a team up. When you have a teammate putting his body on the line for his team, that places an onus on everyone to do likewise.

Apparently that is not good enough for our expert analysis on here.
Seriously so what if 'it's only the 9s', 'his defence is shit', 'QCup FB form was average'.
He plays for the Broncos, we all should be thrilled that he had a blinder in the 9's
Was the highest try and points scorer for the tournament FFS!

Apparently that is not good enough for our expert analysis on here.
Seriously so what if 'it's only the 9s', 'his defence is shit', 'QCup FB form was average'.
He plays for the Broncos, we all should be thrilled that he had a blinder in the 9's
Was the highest try and points scorer for the tournament FFS!

Who isnt happy with how he played in the nines?

I thought I posted them up when I compared his prior work in numbers to Darbs?

23 Games
9 Tries
12 Runs Avg (130m avg)
59m Kick Return Avg
38m Post Contact Avg
12 Linebreaks
6 Line Break Assists
5 Try Assists
108 Tackle Breaks
3.59 Avg Play the Ball speed
16 Offloads
31 Receipts Avg
18 Passes Avg
15 Kicks total
29 Errors
9 Penalties

The errors stats worry me. If he's as bad under the high ball at fullback as he is on the wing then you may as well look elsewhere. There was a lot to criticise Darbs for but he was still pretty good at fielding kicks.
Should of been given the chance to play fullback at the start of the 2019 season. Personally i think we should look for a top class fullback but salary cap space will be an issue. So yea should give him a shot at the no.1 and give him a full pre season to train there.

Should of been given the chance to play fullback at the start of the 2019 season. Personally i think we should look for a top class fullback but salary cap space will be an issue. So yea should give him a shot at the no.1 and give him a full pre season to train there.
I agree and if we do free up some money, extend Fifi and buy a top tier half back... When one eventually becomes available.

Isaako at Fullback forces Milford back into the Halves which forces Boyd into a non-spine position (most likely Wing or Centre) so for me that alone is worth the risk.

Isaako may not set the world on fire, but as long as he turns up in January with all four limbs attached and working then he's basically guaranteed to be more effective in the role than Boyd.

I am coming around to the idea of Isaako at fullback. Bird would make a good fullback too but it’s a big ask after playing so little football in the last couple of years and Staggs and Bird would be a very competitive centre pairing. So that really only leaves Milford or Isaako for fullback (maybe Arthars or a rookie but I doubt it) and I think Milford should be 5/8. So if Isaako plays as well in the trials as he did on the weekend then give him a shot for the first month. If he derps it up Bird should be hitting form then so he can take over. I also think Herbie could force his way into the team on the wing ahead of Boyd.

having to deal with my 82 year old mother-in-laws fight with lung cancer (which no-one knew about until 5 weeks ago mind)...i can blame Isaako for being all over the joint last season. I mean im 46 years old, hes a kid and trying to deal with that (anyone ever been to a cancer ward? Anyone seen what its like to have a severe reaction to kemo drugs?)

This has been a trying and very emotional period for my extended family, i never wish this on any of you but its shut my mouth about how other people deal and come to terms with cancer. I give Jamayne a huge pass for this season and ill certainly continue to stick up for him. I really do believe we haven't seen the best of him in a Broncos jersey..

appreciate it....honestly not here to be a agony aunt but thought it would help the debate about Isaako....points of view that trust me didn't even exist in my head until 5 weeks ago...

Nothing like another's reality to become yours to create understanding and empathy! That too has happened to me in the past.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Xzei
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.