OFFICIAL Isaako released to Titans

Again with the idiotic statements. Had it not been for Gambles terrible defence we would have gone into half-time with a substantial lead. So what? You made a stupid claim, I've proven it was false. Why is your ego so fragile that you cannot concede that Robati's sinbin, which directly led to two tries and much greater fatigue was THE major turning point of the match?

Isaako didn't have 4-5 minutes of hell as it's a team sport and the ball passed through many hands during that time.

KW replacing Isaako has nothing to do with your incorrect claim. Fucked if I know why you just cannot accept you made a mistake. Such ego.
The bold bit - just wow.

If, and that’s a massive IF, your slanted position held any credibility, you lost it right there.

You’re more than welcome to go on thinking whatever you like, telling me I’m wrong and doing whatever else makes you happy.

But I’ll guarantee you right now; there is not a snowflakes chance in hell you’ll convince me the catalyst for our collapse was not down to the Isaako shit show that bookended half time.

In terms of a sausage factory, I can't think of anyone in the last few years who entered our system and emerged a better player. Maybe Fifita, but it's hard to attribute that to Seibold's coaching. I can think of a lot who started well and went downhill. Coates said as much: that he'd learn more under Bellamy than Walters, or within the Storm system rather than the Broncos. Fucking ouch.

Walter's blase reaction to Walsh's brilliant trial debut for me was the early canary in the coal mine. He stuck out like dog's balls and absolutely demanded the fullback role game one. We all saw it. The Warriors saw it, but Walters didn't. **** me dead.

Used to be an incentive that players would want to come to Brisbane to better their game, increase their value. Now they see the likes of Milford arrive a star and (presumably) leave a wreck. It makes you wonder how good Payne and Pangai would be if they were properly coached, and surrounded by properly coached support.

We are now down to debasing ourselves for the fish John West is rejecting. And worse, we're expecting these players to rescue us.
Interesting to see Canterbury wanting to poach Gus Gould to help Barrett - he (Gus) rejected their offer.
Also Knights wanting Shane Flanagan to help O‘Brien he (O’Brien ) said he didn’t need any help.
We were talking Bellamy (phft) or Wayne to come help Kevin, nothing has transpired
We need to start being a football team and win a game or two or at the very least stop being thrashed - or clearly, our coaching staff need to step aside.

Examples? How was the rest of the team going?
I’m not going to watch the game again, but he was playing poorly.

It's all time stamped in the game thread though.*

the rest of the team were going alright, not that that’s ever been an excuse for you when milf has a shocker.

The bold bit - just wow.

If, and that’s a massive IF, your slanted position held any credibility, you lost it right there.

You’re more than welcome to go on thinking whatever you like, telling me I’m wrong and doing whatever else makes you happy.

But I’ll guarantee you right now; there is not a snowflakes chance in hell you’ll convince me the catalyst for our collapse was not down to the Isaako shit show that bookended either side of half time.
Yep, of course nothing could convince you! A narcissist is never wrong. The fact that we were down to 12 players isn't significant. A bad ptb is though!

Examples? How was the rest of the team going?

This is really my only gripe with your stance/defence.

I agree....how was the rest of the team going? Admittedly up until half time......not too bad. After the break....FMD.

I seriously wonder just what your stance would be if we inserted Milford's name into this discussion..... instead of Isako.

Scrap that....I KNOW what your position is.
Huge: Milford has single handedly cost us every game we lost for the last 2-3 years...end of/

I’m not going to watch the game again, but he was playing poorly.

It's all time stamped in the game thread though.*

the rest of the team were going alright, not that that’s ever been an excuse for you when milf has a shocker.
Milf doesn't have 'shockers' anymore. That's just him normally these days.

It would be a 'shock' if he lit the game up and won at least one match in the last 3-4 years - like literally every other highly paid player could do at least semi-recently.

This is really my only gripe with your stance/defence.

I agree....how was the rest of the team going? Admittedly up until half time......not too bad. After the break....FMD.

I seriously wonder just what your stance would be if we inserted Milford's name into this discussion..... instead of Isako.

Scrap that....I KNOW what your position is.
Huge: Milford has single handedly cost us every game we lost for the last 2-3 years...end of/

Which boggles the mind doesn't it. Milford and Isaako had very similar games one week apart but Isaako wasn't a big problem this week.

Which boggles the mind doesn't it. Milford and Isaako had very similar games one week apart but Isaako wasn't a big problem this week.
He'd likely still suggest Kennedy single-handedly won it for us.

It would be a 'shock' if he lit the game up and won at least one match in the last 3-4 years - like literally every other highly paid player could do at least semi-recently.
I'm not disagreeing but that wasn't really my point. Huge is trying to say the team were going shit so it doesn't matter that Isaako was having a nightmare.

Well that's the thing. Everyone gets to have a shocker under the shit-happens rule. You move on. But Milford is our marqee player and he hasn't been bad as much as he's been invisible.

Isaako's shocker game means dick in the bigger scheme of things, but he hasn't really made fullback his own and that's more troubling. He's not setting other players up. We need that.

I'm not disagreeing but that wasn't really my point. Huge is trying to say the team were going shit so it doesn't matter that Isaako was having a nightmare.
If your argument is that Milford and Isaako both shit the bed regularly then yes, correct. Only one gets paid an actual fortune but.

Well that's the thing. Everyone gets to have a shocker under the shit-happens rule. You move on. But Milford is our marqee player and he hasn't been bad as much as he's been invisible.

Isaako's shocker game means dick in the bigger scheme of things, but he hasn't really made fullback his own and that's more troubling. He's not setting other players up. We need that.
Why not cut both?

596x3973333333333333 789086803473

I think we agree more than we don’t here but I think saying “shit happens” to all fullbacks is neglecting to account for all the poor things Isaako has done this season. He’s had plenty of shocking moments.

Baldy timed dropped balls, kick offs on the full, I’ll timed and executed short dropouts/kick offs, that grubber on the first, failing to pass when he should have, the poor attempt at the unnecessary 2 point field goal, bad positioning on numerous occasions.

On top of those instances he also lacks or doesn’t display many skills a fullback should, general positioning, a decent passing ability, support play, or organising the defensive line.

Does anyone else wonder if it's his fitness that is causing him to not push up in support like other fullbacks? I mean, aerobic fitness?

Like, I can't understand how a fullback at that level doesn't push up and anticipate offloads, so maybe it's a fitness thing?

I dunno, grasping at straws. Sometimes I think half the battle is just being there at the right place to take advantage.

Are the better players just fitter?
It’s something deeper than fitness. I just don’t think isaako cares enough and probably not smart enough to see what’s unfolding in front of him.

Well yes, but my point is that Isaako shouldn't be dropped because he had a shocker, but because he hasn't developed the fullback skills we need. Milford wasn't dropped for having a shocker. He was dropped because he's lazy and doesn't appear capable of being the player we paid for.

If your argument is that Milford and Isaako both shit the bed regularly then yes, correct. Only one gets paid an actual fortune but.
That last line is not relevant to the discussion though.

Well yes, but my point is that Isaako shouldn't be dropped because he had a shocker, but because he hasn't developed the fullback skills we need. Milford wasn't dropped for having a shocker. He was dropped because he's lazy and doesn't appear capable of being the player we paid for.
Both these things are objectively correct. I'd only not drop Isaako because we have literally no replacement.

That last line is not relevant to the discussion though.
I'd rather a couple of hundred grand shit the bed regularly than a million bucks, but hey, that's just me. Maybe you hate value for money.

Active Now

• bazza
  • Fozz
  • Big Del
  • Sproj
  • levikaden
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Ondi
  • Rookie Alan
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.