OFFICIAL Isaako released to Titans

Now that's sarcasm........šŸ™ƒšŸ˜‰

So now you are suggesting that had Isaako been made to sit out the second half Robati wouldn't have been guilty of ill discipline?????? The team would magically be better and Robati's technique would suddenly change and with no Isaako on the field everyone in this wooden spoon team would become top four standard players. Yea, right. We might have also lost by 92.

**** me dead. Can not see that is plainly insane?
Must be nice when you literally put every single one of those words in my mouth, as I never said any of them.

The only thing ā€œinsaneā€ is your desire to keep defending the indefensible. Even Kevin saw it, hooked him and hasnā€™t picked him this weekā€¦

But oh no, the mighty defender of the (fucking useless) underdog has to leap to his defence, regardlessā€¦ Lol.

I didnā€™t isolate the play the ball, I also mentioned the horrible captainā€™s challenge and his failing to kick the ball dead if youā€™ll recall... I chose the most monumental of his errors, not the full list. I didnā€™t feel like kicking the guy any more, since he was clearly already down...

There were of course plenty of other errors from him too, including particularly poor tackle attempts, as well as his usual terrible positioning, lack of communication in defence and lack of support play.

I fully admit he isnā€™t Robinson Crusoe in this team when it comes to errors and youā€˜d be hard-pressed to find me saying otherwise, but until this week, there has been no hint of pressure on him about his position in the team from his own coach, a luxury not afforded to other players in the club who have been arguably doing a better jobā€¦

Fwiw that voting system is as bad as the Dally Mā€™s. A hand full of standout games gets you a heap of votes compared to players that would be 4th or 5th best every week and get none

Must be nice when you literally put every single one of those words in my mouth, as I never said any of them.

The only thing ā€œinsaneā€ is your desire to keep defending the indefensible. Even Kevin saw it, hooked him and hasnā€™t picked him this weekā€¦

But oh no, the mighty defender of the (fucking useless) underdog has to leap to his defence, regardlessā€¦ Lol.

I didnā€™t isolate the play the ball, I also mentioned the horrible captainā€™s challenge and his failing to kick the ball dead if youā€™ll recall... I chose the most monumental of his errors, not the full list. I didnā€™t feel like kicking the guy any more, since he was clearly already down...

There were of course plenty of other errors from him too, including particularly poor tackle attempts, as well as his usual terrible positioning, lack of communication in defence and lack of support play.

I fully admit he isnā€™t Robinson Crusoe in this team when it comes to errors and youā€˜d be hard-pressed to find me saying otherwise, but until this week, there has been no hint of pressure on him about his position in the team from his own coach, a luxury not afforded to other players in the club who have been arguably doing a better jobā€¦
Listen you numptie, I have not fucking defended him once. ****, grade three must have been the best 5 years of your life.

Herbie just has to do the basics you expect of a fullback and he will be an instant improvement (show a bit of desire in defense, catch the ball, support up the middle).

I actually think he will go alright, he looks a likely type every time he gets one on one with a defender even when we don't have the ball in dangerous areas on the field.

Herbie just has to do the basics you expect of a fullback and he will be an instant improvement (show a bit of desire in defense, catch the ball, support up the middle).

I actually think he will go alright, he looks a likely type every time he gets one on one with a defender even when we don't have the ball in dangerous areas on the field.
It won't matter, as soon as he falls out of favour it will be the same as always. Apparently fullback is a very easy position to play. I expect he'll go okay...for a while. I do hope he becomes a legend in the position.

It won't matter, as soon as he falls out of favour it will be the same as always. Apparently fullback is a very easy position to play. I expect he'll go okay...for a while. I do hope he becomes a legend in the position.

It's not easy but shit, if there are 4-5 seconds left to go in the half and you are playing for a 7 tackle set when the opposition puts a kick in the in-goal off tackle 1 of a scrum play, you are making it ten times harder than it should be.

It's not easy but shit, if there are 4-5 seconds left to go in the half and you are playing for a 7 tackle set when the opposition puts a kick in the in-goal off tackle 1 of a scrum play, you are making it ten times harder than it should be.
I don't know why people cannot understand really simple words.

I have not defended ANYTHING ISAAKO DID LAST GAME.
Not once. Isaako had a shocker and made mistakes. What I did say and say again is Isaako's error in the ptb and in the pre-halftime clusterfuck was not what cost us the game. What cost us any chance was being reduced to 12 and conceding two tries in that period.

Not once. Isaako had a shocker and made mistakes. What I did say and say again is Isaako's error in the ptb and in the pre-halftime clusterfuck was not what cost us the game. What cost us any chance was being reduced to 12 and conceding two tries in that period.

not to mention Dufty auditioning for a new club

That happens seemingly every game (someone gets sent to the bin). How many times a game do you see the fullback nominate himself for idiot of the week?

That's what the fans will remember for a long time now, he could come back and be a completely different player but no fan will forget the mistake he made going into half-time because it was one of the worst plays you will see a player make this season. It's like Ben Hunt dropping it cold in extra-time of a grand final, giving one of the best halfbacks the game has seen 6 tackles to line up an opportunity to slot a field goal.

Fans will never forget it.

I was looking through the ISC team lists to see where Isaako was playing after his dropping and he hasn't been named by any of our feeder clubs

I was looking through the ISC team lists to see where Isaako was playing after his dropping and he hasn't been named by any of our feeder clubs
I'm 99% sure he's aligned with Souths.

That happens seemingly every game (someone gets sent to the bin). How many times a game do you see the fullback nominate himself for idiot of the week?

That's what the fans will remember for a long time now, he could come back and be a completely different player but no fan will forget the mistake he made going into half-time because it was one of the worst plays you will see a player make this season. It's like Ben Hunt dropping it cold in extra-time of a grand final, giving one of the best halfbacks the game has seen 6 tackles to line up an opportunity to slot a field goal.

Not a particular crack at you or at @Huge. I just don't get why there has to be such absolutism that it is all on Isaako or all on Robati (noting that @Huge is not suggesting that, he is just suggesting that if you are looking for the major contribution it was the sin binning).

It is a team game, the team as a whole contributed to the loss. Defensive lapses from a number of players that resulted in tries. Isaako made a big contribution to the loss with his mistakes and general lack of contribution. The mistake just before half time speaks for itself. The mistake just after half time was also significant in the context of a team with fragile resilience. That mistake led to the Dragons setting up camp in our quarter for the next 3-4 sets. I can only imagine that immediately after half time with the hope of having a good start to the second half that mistake was deflating for a weak team.

The contribution of Robati's sin binning was significant because as Huge points out that was the period that our back was broken and two tries were scored. We went from six points down to out of the match.

But at the end of the day it was a team loss contributed to by various players. Robati's mistake in the context of his playing experience and the fact that it was in one tackle where he just misjudged the target zone is probably excusable. The mistakes of Isaako in the context of a far more experienced player who has played international football and is in a key spine position are perhaps less excusable.

That is my take.

Not a particular crack at you or at @Huge. I just don't get why there has to be such absolutism that it is all on Isaako or all on Robati (noting that @Huge is not suggesting that, he is just suggesting that if you are looking for the major contribution it was the sin binning).

It is a team game, the team as a whole contributed to the loss. Defensive lapses from a number of players that resulted in tries. Isaako made a big contribution to the loss with his mistakes and general lack of contribution. The mistake just before half time speaks for itself. The mistake just after half time was also significant in the context of a team with fragile resilience. That mistake led to the Dragons setting up camp in our quarter for the next 3-4 sets. I can only imagine that immediately after half time with the hope of having a good start to the second half that mistake was deflating for a weak team.

The contribution of Robati's sin binning was significant because as Huge points out that was the period that our back was broken and two tries were scored. We went from six points down to out of the match.

But at the end of the day it was a team loss contributed to by various players. Robati's mistake in the context of his playing experience and the fact that it was in one tackle where he just misjudged the target zone is probably excusable. The mistakes of Isaako in the context of a far more experienced player who has played international football and is in a key spine position are perhaps less excusable.

That is my take.

Of course everything counts towards the end result but what is something that we can't do because we just can't defend it well enough is hand over momentum in a game.

Nothing gives a team momentum like gifting them a try, no matter how anyone wants to word it or look to attribute blame to someone else that play on the stroke of half-time.. you'll be doing well to see a bigger brain explosion this year.

Just the pure facts of the situation, seconds remaining.. first tackle scrum play (how many teams do that if it's not an urgent situation, that should have been the catalyst for him to kick the ball into orbit, if he wasn't already aware of the time left).. what does he do? plays for a 7 tackle set. Even if it goes dead they are walking into the sheds ffs, it's unbelievable.

I'm 99% sure he's aligned with Souths.

i thought so two ... but i wanted to see if he was playing fullback or wing ... apparently it''s nowhere this week.

for Souths Tesi Nui is fullback with Oates and Quai-Ward on the wings

Really? I believe you vastly over estimate the average fans capacity to recall events. In fact, many posters on here cannot even remember what happened in a game they've just watched! I'll go further, some posters on here (like our bent copper) remember things that didn't even happen!! Imagine having to defend yourself in a courtroom and having his testimony believed!!

It isn't about remembering what happened during the game although we will all remember for a while Isaako's blunder. All these posts and rebuttals are supposed to be about JAHHW original statement that 'Isaako single handedly cost the Broncos the game' . I maintain that the sin bin was much much more significant yet dumbarsed posters on here decide that what Huge actually means is that 'Isaako played well, Isaako is blameless, Huge is defending Isaako and he's stupid when we all agree and KW does too that Isaako was shit yet stupid old Huge is resolutely defending Isaako and on and on and on with misrepresentation '

Isaako WAS shit last game but despite that Robati being sent was, in my mind the pivotal moment. That's when we lost it. Not the captains challenge ( which we sometimes don't use anyway)not the handover of possession and not the try before halftime.

That is my take.
This is why I love you!!šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚ absolutely nails it.

Of course everything counts towards the end result but what is something that we can't do because we just can't defend it well enough is hand over momentum in a game.

Nothing gives a team momentum like gifting them a try, no matter how anyone wants to word it or look to attribute blame to someone else that play on the stroke of half-time.. you'll be doing well to see a bigger brain explosion this year.

Just the pure facts of the situation, seconds remaining.. first tackle scrum play (how many teams do that if it's not an urgent situation, that should have been the catalyst for him to kick the ball into orbit, if he wasn't already aware of the time left).. what does he do? plays for a 7 tackle set. Even if it goes dead they are walking into the sheds ffs, it's unbelievable.
Reread Lynx000 post. You just keep missing the point. No one argued Isaako's clusterfuck wasn't significant , myself included. I didn't blame anyone else nor did I defend Isaako. Again I say, I simply disputed the claim made by JAHHW about who or what was the pivotal moment.

Everyone understands how important momentum is yet it shifts back and forth in every game. That try on half time, awful as it was was just one of many momentum changes but only one momentum swing changed the game irrevocably and that was being reduced to 12 defenders.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • Midean
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.