Status
Not open for further replies.
NImitz

NImitz

BRL Player
Sep 8, 2016
Israel Folau’s secret meeting with the Brisbane Broncos revealed

JUNE 13, 2019 6:13PM

Israel Folau may have some options after his exile from Rugby Union with reports the Brisbane Broncos held a meeting with the star.

Folau’s door back into the game that started it all could be ajar despite the ARL Commission saying it was closed for good.

“Our position on Israel Folau remains the same,” ARL Commission chairman Peter Beattie told AAP.

“We are an inclusive game with respect for all. Israel has social media posts online that go against what our game stands for.

“As it stands, he will not be considered for registration. What Israel chooses to do in relation to his social media posts and his faith is a matter for him.”

But according to Triple M, the former Wallaby met with the Broncos at their training base.

“You know who was having a meeting at the Broncos last week?” asked Ben Dobbin on Triple M.

“In the coffee shop at the Broncos, Israel Folau was having a meeting with the management of the Brisbane Broncos last week on Origin Wednesday.”

Could Folau be able to get back into the NRL?

Folau started his career in 2007 with the Melbourne Storm before moving to the Broncos in 2009 and 2010 before switching over to join the GWS Giants where he played 13 games over a two season span.

He played 91 NRL games but also five Origin games for Queensland and eight Tests for Australia.

The news of his meeting with the Broncos comes a day after Folau was offered an olive branch from Tonga coach and former Wallaby Toutai Kefu.

The ex-Wallabies No. 8 said that contact has been made with Folau about playing for Tonga following the dual international’s sacking by Rugby Australia for breaching his contract.

“We’d love to have him — the next World Cup he’d be available for us hopefully.” Kefu told the Sydney Morning Herald.

“It’s a long time away, so we’ll let the dust settle a bit after his most recent issues.

“We don’t even know if he’s going to play again. He hasn’t indicated where he is going, so we’ll wait until the dust settles and then look at those options.

“He’d have to sit out three years and then even after that we’d have to requalify him through a sevens Olympic qualifying tournament.”

Source: https://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby...d/news-story/2efd45a4ceacb8ed4dcc21f88d559492

Photos or it didn’t happen

Dobbo and Danny Dowd to confirm or it didn't happen

lol Dobbo picking up the scoop a week late.

This shit really doesn't mean anything. Beattie has already shut the door on it and I don't see him softening it even for our sake.

This shit really doesn't mean anything. Beattie has already shut the door on it and I don't see him softening it even for our sake.

Could happen if Folau makes all the right PR moves in the meantime. Apologies, removing offensive posts, etc etc. I’d take Folau over Boyd in an instant.

Question to the board....Would you take him in the fullback role over Boyd Saturday night?

Lmao it's ridiculous that people are point blank not even entertaining the idea of it happening. Replacing Boyd with Folau is the equivalent of replacing Hoffman with Dan Carter back in the day when Hoffman was in the halves.

Last edited:
Beattie said "Israel has social media posts online that go against what our game stands for."

What happens if he takes them down? Broncos have denied there being any meeting so I reckon there was a meeting because if there is one thing the Broncos management like doing it is lying, which I'm okay with, so long as it's for our benefit.

I would be stoked if we got him, he was one of my favourite players and I was sorry to see him leave the Broncos and not play any more Origins.

Would take a 3-legged goat over Darius right now.

Make it happen. Boyd defends like a 10 year old school girl. At least that school girl has lateral movement!

Make it happen. Boyd defends like a 10 year old school girl. At least that school girl has lateral movement!

If he defends like a 10 year old girl, make him defend like Riverdale is due for cancellation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • FACTHUNT
  • Dash
  • theshed
  • Jedhead
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncosgirl
  • kiwibronco
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.