It’s not Seibold’s fault

Where is the press conference? I can't find it anywhere and I'm sure not going to watch any league talk show to get it, I've already seen one trash show tonight, I don't need to watch something I never need to watch.
You dont want to watch it.

You dont want to watch it.

No I really do. I want to see the idiot coach deflect and excuse and say everything with his eyebrows raised while scratching his shoulder.

all i'll say is:

Glenn INJURED
Fifita INJURED
Turpin INJURED
Bird INJURED
Staggs SUSPENDED
TPJ SUSPENDED

that is a fair amount of talent and salary cap sitting on the sidelines

Around 35% possession both weeks since the restart, partly thanks to this new 6 again rule that seems to be randomly applied, but we only seem to get the token one each match. by my count we are losing the 6 again calls something like 10-2 ... all that extra defence is exhausting our boys and they have nothing left for attack, not to mention susceptible to a relatively fresh attack from the opposition.

Interview a chair and ask it if anything is going to change next week.
You’ll get the same thrill.

One minute in the excuses started and no accountability as usual for anyone.

No I really do. I want to see the idiot coach deflect and excuse and say everything with his eyebrows raised while scratching his shoulder.

I hope you have a drink ready

Around 35% possession both weeks since the restart, partly thanks to this new 6 again rule that seems to be randomly applied, but we only seem to get the token one each match. by my count we are losing the 6 again calls something like 10-2 ... all that extra defence is exhausting our boys and they have nothing left for attack, not to mention susceptible to a relatively fresh attack from the opposition.
it's simply ill-discipline and inexperience. it serves us no purpose to assume the 6 again rule is some conspiracy against the broncos when we've been hammered two weeks in a row.

the penny has to drop. it's us. it's not them. we need to be better.

I hope you have a drink ready

That conference is the straw that breaks the back for me. He's done. He'll be lucky to get a gig in the NRL beyond Assistant ever again. 9 months ago White promised fundamental change and WHERE IS IT??

One minute in the excuses started and no accountability as usual for anyone.

Why does anyone watch the post match PC ... they are used as PR exercises by 99% of coaches (including the "GREAT" Wayne Bennett)

I doubt players even know what is said in them ... it is far more important what is said behind closed doors, at training and video review sessions etc.

Why does anyone watch the post match PC ... they are used as PR exercises by 99% of coaches (including the "GREAT" Wayne Bennett)

I doubt players even know what is said in them ... it is far more important what is said behind closed doors, at training and video review sessions etc.

Because you want to see the coach give at least some kind of insight, Siebs pretty clearly honestly seems to show he is absolutely stumped, this is extremely concerning.

it's simply ill-discipline and inexperience. it serves us no purpose to assume the 6 again rule is some conspiracy against the broncos when we've been hammered two weeks in a row.

the penny has to drop. it's us. it's not them. we need to be better.

I'm not saying it is a conspiracy against the Broncos as such ... but there is huge inconsistencies around when it gets used, and so far they usually seem to favour one side.

even in that game, there were several times the Roosters got caught up in the PTB with their hands either on the ball or arms of the Broncos players and we get nothing. where as we held on for a second and end up gifting the Roosters a new set

I'm not saying it is a conspiracy against the Broncos as such ... but there is huge inconsistencies around when it gets used, and so far they usually seem to favour one side.

even in that game, there were several times the Roosters got caught up in the PTB with their hands either on the ball or arms of the Broncos players and we get nothing. where as we held on for a second and end up gifting the Roosters a new set
You know why we haven't seen many imo? Two things - 1) we can't hold onto the fucking ball to create any momentum, 2) On the off chance we do, we have no urgency - we give the refs no plausibility to award us a 6 again because we aren't rushing to a play the ball, rushing to get up, kicking and thrashing, you know, making an appearance that we're being held against our will. We just submit and get up whenever we feel ready.

I remember Verrills had just come on for the Roosters and they were already up by 30 something, first tackle 20 off their own line, Verrills was clapping and screaming like a female at a beatles concert to get his forward up and going to get some momentum. We didn't and don't have that.

Last edited:
He's been coach for a season and 4 games and we've yet to see anything resembling a game plan or a direction or anything from this coach. It's been all leaning on natural freaks like Fifita and Haas to carry the team. He doesn't have a clue, and that's pretty much the end of it.

He's been coach for a season and 4 games and we've yet to see anything resembling a game plan or a direction or anything from this coach. It's been all leaning on natural freaks like Fifita and Haas to carry the team. He doesn't have a clue, and that's pretty much the end of it.
And before that it was reliance on freaks like Cook, Inglis and Burgess. Some of us saw this a long time ago.

A few more club records set tonight under this wonderful regime of Seibs aka Spuds. The man who supposedly was going to the take the Broncos to the next level.

Greatest loss margin in club history- 59 points (beating the mark he set only 5 games ago)

Roosters greatest winning margin in their history- (112 years)

First time being shutout at home in club history.

Worst halftime deficit in club history- 29 pts.

Least amount of ball possession in club history- 36% (tied with last week)

Most running meters conceded in a single game in club history- 2334

Most running meters conceded to an opposition front rower in club history- Lindsay Collins 272

Most tackles made by team in a single game in club history- 415

These are only the ones that I can think of. I'm sure there are more. No doubt, Seibs will set some more milestones before he is run out of town.

Seriously just cut our losses with him and his inner circle and get Hodgeo + Parker in as co-coaches for the rest of the year until we can clean this mess up, because fair dinkem how much damage are we doing to these young guys by putting up with this?? They need to be surrounded by real fucking footballers, not glorified spreadsheet jockeys.

Last edited:
Seriously just cut our losses with him and his inner circle and get Hodgeo + Parker in as co-coaches for the rest of the year until we can clean this mess up, because fair dinkem how much damage are we doing to these young guys by putting up with this?? They need to be surrounded by real fucking footballers, not glorified spreadsheet jockeys.
Seibs is bad news and always has been. I agree, let's cut our losses and start again. The sooner it happens, the sooner the embarrassment subsides and this club gets back on track again.

Last season, he came in so late, literally got nothing to do with the crew, so he use whoever he got, this is the first full season he got, and we are still trapped by the cap from the history. What could he do?

That's not entirely true.

Seibold made the choice to wield the axe in his first year and get rid of senior players like Josh McGuire and James Roberts. Seibold couldn't make it work, so he decided to advance the squad as quickly as possible.

What hurt Seibold is that he didn't get an entire pre-season, so by the time he arrived, the Broncos were well behind the eight ball and he didn't have enough time to work with the players. His initial 17 looked like something you would see on an NRL.com preview with his only personal touch being Gillett at 13, a move he quickly gave up on because he allowed Matt to tackle himself to a standstill.

What Seibold could have done is made some astute signings. Outside of Segeyaro who is an alleged drug cheat and managed to find himself in trouble off the field in his very short stint at the club, all his signings were depth players. Rhys Kennedy, Shaun Fensom, Richie Kennar, Ilikena Vudogo all of them simply depth players and outside of Vudogo, none of them have high ceilings. In the case of Vudogo, he is so raw he's barely capable of playing Queensland Cup. At best, he would be a development player, but an NRL contracted player? Boy, the Broncos have dropped their standards.

Hooker, We only get rid of Macca who’s been our 9 for the last decade and not even origin level hookerfor this season only. Seibold use 1 season to make the call, choose Turpin over Macca and so far it proves to be the right call.

Based on what? Turpin's games at 7? Don't get me wrong, I was happy when Wayne Bennett gave Turpin an opportunity after Melbourne let him go but I'm far from convinced of Turpin as a long term option. So who is next in line? Cory Paix? Did Seibold learn nothing from Ben Hunt? Paix still has the ability to make it as a half, to put a pin on that and force him into a role is irresponsible. Sure, give Paix an opportunity off the bench to experience NRL, but to throw him straight in seems like bad coaching.

The Broncos have another 9 there in Hetherington, but he spent the bulk of last year playing BRL and when he got an opportunity to play QRL he wasn't even allowed to play his natural position. So what's the call here? Hetherington is 21, if he isn't good enough to crack it as a 9 in Queensland Cup, or when the Broncos have a serious injury toll, why is he being offered development deals?

From our basic understanding of Seibold, he likes to play a fast brand of footy with players getting over the advantage line. That isn't possible without a quality #9 so why is he being so lacksidasical about it? Why isn't he chasing quality #9 prospects? Why is he playing players out of position?

Full back, nobody can forget DB’s performance last season, Seibold has to make so many position change to suit Boyd, is he not brave enough to make the call drop Boyd? I don’t know, but I think the management got something to do with it. So Bird stand out to be the best option for 1, but he’s out for the whole season, and Seibold has to stuck with second option Isaako.

He's a day late and a buck short.

The Isaako move should have been made at the start of the 2019 season, when he still had his confidence and clearly had more upside than Boyd. Despite everything, Isaako has looked far more comfortable than he ever did on the wing and he's been one of the few acceptable aspects of the Broncos play.

However, he's a year behind so his organisation is not up to scratch and the combination is still very awkward. We still don't know what the Broncos have and whether they should hit the market.

5/8, our Million boy Milford, he’s been with us many seasons before, this season and definitely next season too, so what Seibold could do with that? Throw million dollar into water, start Dearden then drop Milford?

Or just work with Milford. Bring in some backs who can actually work it out of trouble, help devise some shapes. Before the break, Seibs had actually done a good job with Milly, but the break has been awful for both.

Croft, so far he’s already the Best Buy for the past several seasons in my own opinion, and that’s a call from Seibold.

It's not exactly a stacked field to be fair. What's Croft really done? Helped the Broncos to one win? Got injured in the second and the Broncos have been awful these past two games. After Croft's extremely disappointing seasons in Melbourne, it's hardly promising signs.

I don’t know what Seibold is capable, I don’t know if he’s a Champion coach, but I don’t think it’s wise to accuse him for the failure of our rebuilding, that’s the failure of the club’s management.

To an extent, the club completely mucked up the Bellamy deal which forced them to act at an inopportune time. However, Seibold decided to pull a Henjak and fill the side with young kids. Not even the great Darren Lockyer with Sam Thaiday, Israel Folau, Corey Parker etc. could get them over the line that season. Now the Broncos don't have anyone near Lockyer's class and they're learning some very harsh lessons in a very strange season.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.