NEWS "It was so obvious": how Parra were ripped off

McHunt

NRL Player
Sunshine Coast
Monday Bunker: Refs put whistles away in Golden Point thriller

Outrage over field goal obstructions

The Daily Telegraph
10 minutes ago

The Monday Bunker crew have ripped into the referees after yet another stuff-up threatens to rob a team of their season. Brisbane’s match-winning field goal against Parramatta appeared to clearly show Darius Boyd taking out Clint Gutherson as Brisbane snuck home with a 17-16 victory.

they’ve forgotten the rules

“It’s terrible. It’s game-defining. A top four opportunity for the Eels has evaporated because the referee didn’t blow his penalty,” said The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Crawley. “It was a deadest penalty, when it happened I couldn’t believe the commentators didn’t blow up about it, it was so obvious!” “Once again, they’ve forgotten what the rules are!”

Should Isaako’s matchwinner have been disallowed? AAP Image/Darren England.

Should Isaako’s matchwinner have been disallowed? AAP Image/Darren England.

shocking call
Jamayne Isaako’s field goal wasn’t the only play to earn Crawley’s ire with a questionable decision to deny a try to Blake Ferguson due to a forward pass from Gutherson also copping some heat. “It’s just wrong that they don’t do anything, and the Eels cop some rotten calls,” Crawley said. “That no-try for Blake Ferguson, the rules says you have to pass backwards – but it doesn’t say the ball has to travel backwards. “That could have been one of the great tries of the season. It’s a shocking call.”

Everyone’s been waiting for
Darius Boyd to do something
he finally has

The Courier-Mail’s Mike Colman could at least see the lighter side of things, but claimed rules seems to be forgotten during golden point. “Everyone’s been waiting for Darius Boyd to do something this season and he finally has,” Colman said. “It’s a problem – not just up here but it’s a problem whenever a game goes to golden point, because the whistle goes in the back pocket. “Otherwise you’re going to get it going for 20 minutes cause nobody can kick a field goal, apart from Aidan Sezer. “The offside rules seems to be completely forgotten in golden point”

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Annesley has confirm that as long as Boyd is behind the ruck, he is allowed to be there ... he can't move to block Gutherson, however.

Annesley even said he is permitted to stand next to the dummy half ...

Crawley, fucking moron ... the reason the commentators didn't blow up about it, is because unlike you, they actually know the rules

Parramatta lost ... DEAL WITH IT

Last edited:

Stu_9

QCup Player
Ah, of course..
Another article not on how well Brisbane did to win it, rather how the other team were dudded..
I'd have to go back and watch it but, I am sure if I slow mo that last play the ball, I reckon I'll be able to find a couple of Parra blokes that came off their 10 a little early.
2 can play this game, Crawley.
Back to praising Wayne and reporting on Souffs champ.

Last edited:

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Ah, of course..
Another article not on how well Brisbane did to win it, rather how the other team were dudded..
I'd have to go back and watch it but, I am sure if I slow mo that last play the ball, I reckon I'll be able to find a couple of Parra blokes that came off their 10 a little early.
2 can play this game, Crawley.
Back to praising Wayne and reporting on Souffs champ.
you wouldn't have to use slow-mo ... Parra were doing it all night

Waynesaurus

NRL Player
Springfield
We would have won it without needing golden point if Klein didn't try to screw us over with the numerous bullcrap knock ons he called against us.

The double knock on by Parra on their line then the strip on Milf that went backwards on our line were disgraceful.

Last edited:

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Rep
We haven't even won anything yet and the siege mentality is already alive and well boys. The hate is coming from everywhere lately. That's how scary our squad is shaping to be over the next 5-10 years. The cunts are afraid and this is the only way they can express it enough to an audience to consider themselves satisfied.

There's no surer sign of great things to come. Revel in it. I do :smoker:

QCup Player
Did Crawley also comment on the foul play/excessive force from Roberts on the last minute into the back of our guy on the ground? That would have been 2 points in front of the post.

Jedhead

NRL Player
Let them whinge. If you go back and watch Gutherson moves forward before Fifita even plays the ball so he was technically offside anyway. You need to ask yourself why the unusually long drawn out whinge.

The hidden agenda here is manufacturing a situation that makes the Eels seemed hard done by to get the refs feeling vulnerable in the hope they get all the 50/50 calls if we meet up again in the finals. They do it every year. And they do the same thing every year in origin when Qld win the first one.

lynx000

NRL Captain
Waiting to win lotto
Annesley has confirm that as long as Boyd is behind the ruck, he is allowed to be there ... he can't move to block Gutherson, however.

Annesley even said he is permitted to stand next to the dummy half ...

Crawley, fucking moron ... the reason the commentators didn't blow up about it, is because unlike you, they actually know the rules

Parramatta lost ... DEAL WITH IT
And more to the point, from memory there was a strong argument that Gutherson was not square at marker (like McCullough earlier) and it should have been a penalty to us.

Paul Crawley, WB's pet journalist.

Huge

State of Origin Rep
Ipswich
also Crawley you dip shit ... what about the high tackle on Segeyaro immediately before Fifita swatted Parramatta defenders off him like flys
That's the heart of the matter. I was scrolling down through the posts and was waiting to see this comment. You notice the irrational thinking a great many are afflicted with when the reader understands that those who are paid to write stories are as biased as the common forum poster.

I've watched the game three times and Parra most certainly got the better of the reffing. The forward pass ruling was spot on as far as I could tell with my terrible view but the perfectly placed linesman had no doubt, it was not the refs call. As for the blocker...legal, end of.

Morkel

International Captain
Staff
Imagine if you lost a GF because a team had not only 3 players illegally in-line with a scrum (not the 5 metres back), and when that still didn’t work, multiple blockers who deliberately change their line on their next FG attempt. Boo fucking Hoo Sydney. Next thing Rothfield will be telling us 9 Sydney teams is perfect adequate and someone who is Not The Sharks should be relocated to Brisbane.

abashii

NRL Player
Deep Didgeridoo
Next thing Rothfield will be telling us 9 Sydney teams is perfect adequate and someone who is Not The Sharks should be relocated to Brisbane.
Uh, is that sarcasm? Because today he was rambling drunkenly about how the Sydney teams should be left alone and the Titans moved to Brisbane.

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Next thing Rothfield will be telling us 9 Sydney teams is perfect adequate and someone who is Not The Sharks should be relocated to Brisbane.
He has already done that on the Sunday Triple M show. He was saying it should be the Gold Coast moving and Gordy was saying it should be a Sydney team.

The back and forward verbal was a game of who could defend their conflict of interest the most!

Purple Pills

QCup Player
Oh I didn’t realise that journalist actually had a proper name. I thought his name to this day was Bennett Mouthpiece.

Just another one to add to the conflict of interest bitchfest amongst journos. This is a journo whose brother was employed by Bennett at Newcastle for **** sake. Of course he is going to not upset the hand that feeds him. He should be banned from commenting on Brisbane and Souths just like Buzz should be banned about talking about Cronulla and Gorden with the Gold Coast. Amateur hour

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter