Jack Bird Discussion

I'm reading that Boyd will be line up at left centre in origin.This could be an idea to get Bird in at fullback for next year.
I wonder if Bennett was talking to Walters about him playing centres.

Are you seriously suggesting that the QLD origin team line up is being effected by a club coach's desire to test out a new club line-up?

Bennett is a man of many surprises and connections. But I am more leaning towards Bennett suggesting it to Walters or Lockyer.

Last edited:
Yeah nah. Considering Boyd has all week been talking about wanting to retain his fullback position, I doubt Bennett would then demand a trial period for him in Origin for a future centre position.

Bennett is a man of many surprises and connections. But I am more leaning towards Bennett suggesting it to Walters or Lockyer.

We are more likely to be invaded by little green martian men at half time of Origin 2 than Boyd's Origin position being determined by his club coach

Did the Broncos ever actually announce his signing?

x2wlm.jpg

Did the Broncos ever actually announce his signing?

I don't think they have on their website. White did mention the signing in a pre-game interview a while back.

I think the Broncos wanted to but the Sharks denied them that by confirming that Bird is leaving the Sharks. I guess at that point the Broncos just thought there was no point as everyone already knows anyway.

Speaking of Bird, he just revealed that he was leaning towards Knights more than the Broncos, but their inability to sign star players made him knock them back. He didn't want to be in a team that had no firepower and wasn't going to be in the top 8. So I think this whole story about him joining us because of Bennett is lies.

I don't think they have on their website. White did mention the signing in a pre-game interview a while back.

I think the Broncos wanted to but the Sharks denied them that by confirming that Bird is leaving the Sharks. I guess at that point the Broncos just thought there was no point as everyone already knows anyway.

Speaking of Bird, he just revealed that he was leaning towards Knights more than the Broncos, but their inability to sign star players made him knock them back. He didn't want to be in a team that had no firepower and wasn't going to be in the top 8. So I think this whole story about him joining us because of Bennett is lies.

There are a few reasons why players don't want to go to certain clubs, the position of head coach would be high on that list i'd imagine.

You could interpret him wanting to go to a club that can win a premiership as him thinking the broncos can win one at least partially due to Bennett.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k=54a6b2426c4340a486ef683d136ba656-1497441981

WHY BIRD REJECTED KNIGHTS

Cronulla star Jack Bird has revealed the main reason why he decided to reject a contract offer from Newcastle and sign with Brisbane instead.
Bird will fly north next season on a lucrative four-year deal, but said his decision came down to cavalry.
At the time, the Knights had only landed boom rookie Kalyn Ponga for next season.
It’s been reported that Aidan Guerra’s signing with be announced in the coming days.
“I was close and leaning towards them more [than Brisbane] but they just couldn’t sign anyone,” Bird told NRL.com.
“The Knights’ culture and living experience I was looking forward to and the club itself, but I just felt the team where it is at the moment and that they couldn’t attract key players made me doubt things.
“I just didn’t want to go there by myself.”

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...k=54a6b2426c4340a486ef683d136ba656-1497441981

WHY BIRD REJECTED KNIGHTS

Cronulla star Jack Bird has revealed the main reason why he decided to reject a contract offer from Newcastle and sign with Brisbane instead.
Bird will fly north next season on a lucrative four-year deal, but said his decision came down to cavalry.
At the time, the Knights had only landed boom rookie Kalyn Ponga for next season.
It’s been reported that Aidan Guerra’s signing with be announced in the coming days.
“I was close and leaning towards them more [than Brisbane] but they just couldn’t sign anyone,” Bird told NRL.com.
“The Knights’ culture and living experience I was looking forward to and the club itself, but I just felt the team where it is at the moment and that they couldn’t attract key players made me doubt things.
“I just didn’t want to go there by myself.”

I really don't know what to make of this attitude. Credit for being honest and wanting join another premiership challenging club (especially with his potentially short career), but then it sounds like he doesn't want to put in hard work and take on the challenge. Surely he realises that if he became one of their signings, then more would sign as well?

I really don't know what to make of this attitude. Credit for being honest and wanting join another premiership challenging club (especially with his potentially short career), but then it sounds like he doesn't want to put in hard work and take on the challenge. Surely he realises that if he became one of their signings, then more would sign as well?

He doesn't want to go to a club that is going to suck for a long time, despite his efforts.

Good for him.

Yeah I'm not worried about his attitude at all, if anything that makes me like the signing more, he chose us because we have a better roster, if he was just chasing money he wouldn't give 2 ***** about our roster, he wants to win premierships.

It worries me, that bird seems to have a chip on his shoulder as to what he expects from us. I hope its just the media hyping it up. If it isn't however and he comes here expecting to play a certain position, get the ball when he wants, and have the team play as he sees fit, he's in for a rough ride. Bennet won't take that from anyone. He sacked lewis for less and bird is no king.

My only issue is what if we go downhill when he arrives?

Will he want a release?

Unread

Active Now

• Jazza
  • NSW stables
  • broncotville
  • davidp
  • Allo
  • Santa
  • Morepudding
  • broncs30
  • Hurrijo
  • Johnny92
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.