Jack Bird Discussion

Is the 2017 team a stronger team than 2016?
Gained: Jack Bird, Andre Savelio
Lost: Hunt, Herman Ese'ese, Arrow, Marshall, Molo, Moga + others.

Despite how dire that looks on paper, I think there's a small chance we're actually better next season.

Bird replaces Moga at left centre, we're instantly a much better team.

Benji, Arrow, Molo and co. aren't even in our best 17 when healthy, so that's just a depth issue more than anything. You could also argue that Ese'ese isn't in our best 17 when Sims & Pangai Jr are available.

Hunt & Blair are obviously the big losses. Blair could be replaced in the starting line-up by Ofahengaue / Lodge / Pangai Jr and I don't think we lose a whole lot, possibly lose a bit of kick pressure and defensive 1%ers, but overall it's a probably a net gain in terms of go-forward. That leaves Hunt as the glaring hole, yet to be determined if we can replace him.

Blair in the losses too (which I'm not concerned about tbh). But on paper, definitely not stronger next year

The two big loses are Ese'ese and Hunt.

We are a far better team when Hunt is at hooker and next we will have to revert back to McCullough and Ese'ese is a better player than Sims so losing him too is pretty big.

You are assuming we have made all the signings we are going to make...

Remember when Blair was signed in late November, 2014? I do...

The two big loses are Ese'ese and Hunt.

We are a far better team when Hunt is at hooker and next we will have to revert back to McCullough and Ese'ese is a better player than Sims so losing him too is pretty big.
Blair is a way bigger loss than ese'ese

Blair is a way bigger loss than ese'ese

Why? In terms of where they are at presently? Blair does a lot of clean up work and offloads. Ese'ese offers go forward and solid defence. Different player styles but Ese'ese is young with way more upside. Plus Sims is a younger version of Blair.

Why? In terms of where they are at presently? Blair does a lot of clean up work and offloads. Ese'ese offers go forward and solid defence. Different player styles but Ese'ese is young with way more upside. Plus Sims is a younger version of Blair.
We have a replacement for Ese(TPJ,OFA or even Lodge)
We have no replacement for Blair, a player that leads the pack around and does the one percenters.

Probably shouldn't say much about sims, he's been pretty shit this year. He'd want to pull his finger out or Bennett won't be re-signing him.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Morkel
  • Fozz
  • Spooky1013
  • GCBRONCO
  • Brocko
  • Lurker
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Jazza
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Redux
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Lazza
  • Harry Sack
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.