NEWS Jake Turpin’s good form key to securing Brisbane Broncos contract

So...Turpin is like every other dummy half in the competition and relies on his forward pack to go forward. Just like Macca does. Not much difference between the two tbh.
Must be hard for you to accept Macca is done as our 9. You'll come round to the idea eventually.

Must be hard for you to accept Macca is done as our 9. You'll come round to the idea eventually.

although another performance or 2 like that from Turpin and he will hand the 9 jersey straight back to Macca on a silver bloody platter ... maybe Segeyaro if the rugby league god is being kind to us (did you hear that Mr. Lockyer)

Last edited:
I’m happy to be proved wrong every time, but I don’t think Macca is as bad as everyone makes out.

Surely Turpin deserves the same scrutiny as Macca. He was very poor tonight.

I’m happy to be proved wrong every time, but I don’t think Macca is as bad as everyone makes out.

He was poor, but it doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a good run in FG as a chance, because everyone can see we have to move on from Macca.

Turpin was awful tonight, Macca is consistently average-to-bad but rarely ever puts in a shocker. He's just always like a 4-6/10. Maybe that's why he's had the career he's had. There's something to be said for consistent/predictable performances.

I certainly don't think Turpin is the long term answer FWIW but as long as that rubbish he put up tonight isn't a recurring thing, he'll do the job until we find someone better.

Last edited:
So...Turpin is like every other dummy half in the competition and relies on his forward pack to go forward. Just like Macca does. Not much difference between the two tbh.

Not much difference you reckon?

Turpin has so far in his short career shown he has more to his attack and defence than Macca currently has. Turpin actually engages markers when passing from dummy half more naturally than Macca does. Also Turpin actually cuts people in half and hurts the opposition where as Macca is just a wrap them up and fall to the ground type. The only thing Macca has over him is experience and maybe his kicking game which he barely ever uses anyway.

Turpin was ordinary last night no doubt about that. But I think you’ll find people are a lot more forgiving to a player who before tonight has been outstanding in all his previous games and has provided the team with a spark that we’ve been missing from the hooker position for years. He had built up enough credits to have an off night or 2 as long as it doesn’t become the norm he will be fine.

This isn’t an excuse but merely an observation and opinion, but I think you’ll find if they played Segeyaro at 14 instead of Macca, then Turpin probably doesn’t play like he is trying to win the game before he is substituted as he is probably under more pressure to provide something knowing who is coming on for him.

Turpin is just the player we need at dummyhalf.

Offers shitloads more than Macca ever has.

Last nights effort wasn't good, but none of our players were any chop.....must have been something in the waterbottles.

Yeah, I think Turpin was trying too hard last night and it just fell apart for him. He just needs to keep it simple at this stage and get some confidence, just like he was doing when he broke into the side a few weeks back.

As ( i think) Wolfie said earlier, he needs to learn how to pace himself.

He does everything at 100mph, and eventually it will come back to bite you if you dont manage it properly.

He is a breath of fresh air though, it is really nice to see such enthusiasm.

I think he'll settle down a bit eventually, he'll hopefully learn to pace himself with experience.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Foordy
  • Harry Sack
  • Stix
  • Xzei
  • cento
  • Mr Fourex
  • bazza
  • Justwin
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Strop
  • Organix
  • Broncosgirl
  • kman
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • jd87
  • Mustafur
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.