Jake Turpin Discussion

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
We have a new hooker, folks. His name is Jake Turpin, and he's very very good.

I'm excited. How about you?

We have a new hooker, folks. His name is Jake Turpin, and he's very very good.

I'm excited. How about you?

giphy.gif

Statistically with Turpin involved, our average play is 0.6 second quicker, he’s a bit smarter than McC, that’s what I can say for sure

Spamming is characterized by the initiation of threads or posts that contribute nothing to a forum, be it off topic or on topic.

Player threads being created were quite common on here once upon a time until people stopped doing it.

Perhaps other staff will disagree with me but I think you're clutching at straws here.

I’ve been a fan of his since seeing him play last year. He was impressive tonight, I can’t get over how well he hits in his defence for a smaller guy. Unless he stinks it up over the next few weeks Macca may have seen his last game especially with the new signing

Well he's better than Granville and Hunt can't play any level higher than NRL, especially not at hooker. Dare I say it...

Player threads being created were quite common on here once upon a time until people stopped doing it.

Perhaps other staff will disagree with me but I think you're clutching at straws here.
Do we need a thread about the same thing he's posted in 2 threads tonight? His whole post history is spamming the same two opinions

Statistically with Turpin involved, our average play is 0.6 second quicker, he’s a bit smarter than McC, that’s what I can say for sure

He's record breaking fast. Here's a sample of today:

Average Play The Ball Speed

Turpin: 2.1s
Boyd: 3.18s
Koroisau: 2.84s

Do we need a thread about the same thing he's posted in 2 threads tonight? His whole post history is spamming the same two opinions

Do you have anything nice to say about Turpin? Remember the kid was on debut. I'm giving him a B.

Doesn't mean it's a slight on Macca, but it's good we have other hooking stocks no?

This is how much our service speed has improved since last week:

Average Play The Ball Speed against South Sydney

Andrew McCullough: 3.56s

Average Play The Ball Speed against Manly

Jake Turpin: 2.1s

Turpin has shaved over a second off Macca. Almost a second and a half. That's massive.

Not only that but he wasn't just passing to whoever happened to be closest. He was effortlessly finding the chest of players two out. Time and time again. This is a massive massive shift in effectiveness.

Last edited:
This is how much our service speed has improved since last week:

Average Play The Ball Speed against South Sydney

Andrew McCullough: 3.56s

Average Play The Ball Speed against Manly

Jake Turpin: 2.1s

Turpin has shaved over a second off Macca. Almost a second and a half. That's massive.

Sorry but how is it measured? How does a hooker improve a ptb speed? Wouldn't that be down to the blokes carrying the ball?

Macca's best days are far behind him now. He is now a journeyman we need to phase out and replace with some zip. Turpin performed better than Macca has all season.

Last edited:
Do you have anything nice to say about Turpin? Remember the kid was on debut. I'm giving him a B.

Doesn't mean it's a slight on Macca, but it's good we have other hooking stocks no?
Nothing that hasn't already been said. He got better as the game went on. He's definitely a faster runner than what we usually have there. But faster doesn't mean better. I get that he was on debut, but I've seen a few Redcliffe games and he certainly hadn't earned his spot or the hype given on here by people who don't watch those games. It's great that we have two people behind Macca now.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Foordy
  • bb_gun
  • theshed
  • BruiserMk1
  • Johnny92
  • BroncoFan94
  • jd87
  • BroncosAlways
  • Lurker
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • GCBRONCO
  • Browny
  • Xzei
  • Fitzy
  • Wolfie
  • Jazza
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.