Jake Turpin Discussion

Sorry but how is it measured? How does a hooker improve a ptb speed? Wouldn't that be down to the blokes carrying the ball?

Here are the stats from last year in attack.

Play the ball attacking 20191210

He was good tonight, but lets see what he can do against the Roosters and the like before we get really carried away. I know you can only play against whats in front of you, but at the moment he has only played against some pretty weak sides. He has laid down a marker now, he has to keep it going.

I'd also agree that if people watched him for Redcliffe recently they wouldnt have been impressed, he's been fairly ordinary in ISC.

Nothing that hasn't already been said. He got better as the game went on. He's definitely a faster runner than what we usually have there. But faster doesn't mean better. I get that he was on debut, but I've seen a few Redcliffe games and he certainly hadn't earned his spot or the hype given on here by people who don't watch those games. It's great that we have two people behind Macca now.

Sounds like Macca is really going to struggle when he gets to dropped to the QLD Cup then.

Sorry but how is it measured? How does a hooker improve a ptb speed? Wouldn't that be down to the blokes carrying the ball?
Shhhh, you're pointing out their inconsistences man. They have an agenda and goddamn do they have a right to post it.

Turpin was amazing tonight but in no way was he responsible for that win. This whole thread is just a "person" trying to rationale their agenda.

The OP has now made multiple threads to accommodate all their outcomes. Win or lose, they have a thread for all outcomes.

This is how much our service speed has improved since last week:

Average Play The Ball Speed against South Sydney

Andrew McCullough: 3.56s

Average Play The Ball Speed against Manly

Jake Turpin: 2.1s

Turpin has shaved over a second off Macca. Almost a second and a half. That's massive.

Not only that but he wasn't just passing to whoever happened to be closest. He was effortlessly finding the chest of players two out. Time and time again. This is a massive massive shift in effectiveness.

It’s interesting when Macca gives the exact same passes they are end over end and players are reaching for the ball. When Turpin passes they are effortlessly finding the chests of the players.

I get it, Turpin has a different game to Macca, but several of his passes were above heads or to the side where runners had to pause in their runs. It was a good performance, but far from a perfect, get rid of Macca at all costs kind of performance.

You can’t hold one player to a standard and criticise him for not reaching that standard than allow another to be rated higher in that same standard with equal performance. I’m referring to passing game here.

It’s interesting when Macca gives the exact same passes they are end over end and players are reaching for the ball. When Turpin passes they are effortlessly finding the chests of the players.
I agree.

This is how much our service speed has improved since last week:

Average Play The Ball Speed against South Sydney

Andrew McCullough: 3.56s

Average Play The Ball Speed against Manly

Jake Turpin: 2.1s

Turpin has shaved over a second off Macca. Almost a second and a half. That's massive.

Not only that but he wasn't just passing to whoever happened to be closest. He was effortlessly finding the chest of players two out. Time and time again. This is a massive massive shift in effectiveness.

Cook's was 4.35 seconds against the Broncos. Slower than Macca.

Why would your hooker's PTB speed tell too much of story? Turpin made half as many tackles as McCullough's game against Souths, Rabbits had more ball, more men in the tackle and more momentum.

Plenty of factors that contributed but the stat means nothing anyway.

Finally a hooker who can hold the markers which allows less gang tackles and slow play the balls , but I have a feeling even if we won every game while Macca is out that he will come straight back into the team .

Finally a hooker who can hold the markers which allows less gang tackles and slow play the balls , but I have a feeling even if we won every game while Macca is out that he will come straight back into the team .
So he should.

Cook's was 4.35 seconds against the Broncos. Slower than Macca.

Why would your hooker's PTB speed tell too much of story? Turpin made half as many tackles as McCullough's game against Souths, Rabbits had more ball, more men in the tackle and more momentum.

Plenty of factors that contributed but the stat means nothing anyway.

Macca outplayed Cook in that game, at least for the first 65 mins, but nobody will acknowledge that.

Turpin was an improvement and we did look better for his inclusion. I was under the impression he would have to be relieved but I don't think that happened. I only saw one occasion someone pushed him away from dummy half but it looked like he was able to play 80. The truth is McCullough may not return to first grade. If we start winning and IF Segeyaro gets a run off the bench and nails it then I don't think there's a chance in hell of McCullough getting back in. Mind you, they are big if's. Turp's looked like he belongs and body language suggests, at least to me that he is well regarded.

For the life of me, I cannot understand anyone who actually thinks McCullough offers anything to the team anymore.

Great tackler, sure. Great clubman, sure. But his time has passed and he isn't what we need.

Turpin was good not great. He's not the answer but he'll do for now.

Oh no, BB is onto my devilish plot to improve our dummy half service.

You edited my post to suit your agenda. I agree with some of your posts but our hooker wasn't the reason we won that game.

All good mate, just stating my opinion.

Turpin's real test is next week. Let's see how you rate him if we lose...

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  • marw
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.