Jake Turpin Discussion

The truth is McCullough may not return to first grade. If we start winning and IF Segeyaro gets a run off the bench and nails it then I don't think there's a chance in hell of McCullough getting back in.

Let's all get behind that thought.

You edited my post to suit your agenda. I agree with some of your posts but our hooker wasn't the reason we won that game.

All good mate, just stating my opinion.

Turpin's real test is next week. Let's see how you rate him if we lose...

What is this "agenda" thing you keep foaming about? You sound like a crazed conspiracy theorist.

I must have watched another game. Turpin to me was, um, ok. Awful in the 1st 20 mins then got into the rhythm of the game but I couldn't see anything he did as special. In fact, I wasn't really impressed at all. Dearden however, now that's another story. He's a real keeper.

Let's see how Turpin handles the Roosters markers and defends their forwards. That will be the real test as others have posted.

What is this "agenda" thing you keep foaming about? You sound like a crazed conspiracy theorist.

I'm not a conspiracy theorist, you're not a conspiracy theorist. I'm just stating my opinion on the hooker scenario. We win that match, with or without Turpin. That's not an agenda, it's a fact . Manly were cooked, we win that game 100% of the time, every time.

Let's see if your post holds up next week?

Either way, you have multiple threads now to post in, all suiting your narrative.

I'm happy to be proven wrong, I've already written off this season, but you calling out Macca and Boyd for the win is wrong. Boyd was great and Turpin was great, but your interpretation of Turpin is wrong. He in no way was the entire reason for the win.

I only care how he's playing when he wears the broncos No.9........

I'm a Redcliffe old boy ftr.

I only care how he's playing when he wears the broncos No.9........

I'm a Redcliffe old boy ftr.

Speaking of FTR: for the record, Turpin is now 3 wins from 3 starts for the Broncos. That's 100% winner.

No other current player has a record like that.

Last edited:
I must have watched another game. Turpin to me was, um, ok. Awful in the 1st 20 mins then got into the rhythm of the game but I couldn't see anything he did as special. In fact, I wasn't really impressed at all. Dearden however, now that's another story. He's a real keeper.

I am vice versa, I still think Dearden is not ready. The other half we let go would have got at least a try or try assist(s) against Manly's shot defence. Cordner and Mitchell will be barrelling down his way all game, hope the kid steps up big time next week.

I am vice versa, I still think Dearden is not ready. The other half we let go would have got at least a try or try assist(s) against Manly's shot defence. Cordner and Mitchell will be barrelling down his way all game, hope the kid steps up big time next week.

He's ready enough; he's just not a game winner yet. I'm happy to see him develop in situ.

I agree: Kodi probably would've scored against Manly, but I think Seibold gave him ample time to prove he could become a complete halfback. Which isn't just about pulling off the odd dart at the line. He didn't succeed in that. I'm looking forward to seeing how he goes for the Warriors. I expect him to land on his feet and be a real handful. Good luck to him. He's a great player. Just not the right halfback for us.

A solid first up hitout this season for Turpin i thought.

He certainly tried to do too much early on but settled down to have a pretty good game.

Hopefully Seibs slots Segyaro in at utility and gives him some time at dummyhalf to give Turpin a spell.

I thought he went ok but hardly godlike. Some of his passing was a bit iffy and that little foot shuttle he sometimes does before he passes is a waste of time. Overall he did well. Hope he can back it up next week.

Statistically with Turpin involved, our average play is 0.6 second quicker, he’s a bit smarter than McC, that’s what I can say for sure

Is that just based on last nights game?

So Turpins game has to have context. Seibs said in the presser that he only had one session with the lads this week. One session people and still produced a rather good game. Also Seibs indicated that the Segeyaro buy was forced, as the medical advice was bad for Macca and he was looking at surgery.
Also it appears that Seibs has been planning to sub Macca and told Kodi that was his new role. Kodi has stated this in an interview last night, that he was told Dreaden was the future and would be starting in week 8, Kodi didn't want that and then was offered the release.

So now it appears to me it will be either Turpin or Segeyaro who will provide the spark of the bench. In saying that if those two bloke improve our game out of sight then it may mean Andrew is not a given to hold onto his spot.

I know it’s only 1 game, Manly had a few players out and forgetting about statistics for a minute, the rhythm of our attack coming out of dummy half to the naked eye just flowed better.

As good as Macca is in defence, I don’t feel like Turps let us down.

IMG 0823

Was trying to think turps reminded me of

I know it’s only 1 game, Manly had a few players out and forgetting about statistics for a minute, the rhythm of our attack coming out of dummy half to the naked eye just flowed better.

As good as Macca is in defence, I don’t feel like Turps let us down.
But is Turpin God?

I thought he went ok and definitely improved our attack in certain ways. Happy to have him in the side with Segeyaro to provide some additional lift from the bench. McCullough's reign in the 9 may possibly be over but it's way too early to make that call.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • Harry Sack
  • bazza
  • Spoon
  • Johnny92
  • Galah
  • winslow_wong
  • Mustafur
  • Skyblues87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.