Jake Turpin Discussion

When the cameras went to the box, I was sure I could see the gears ticking over in Seibold’s head as to how he was gonna break it to Macca.
It’s coming! Credit to seibs, he’s making the hard calls for the team game! What’s best for this team. Unfortunately for Macca it’s not him, I mean literally anyone who defended Macca based it on his defensive play alone. Turpin is a poor mans axe in the middle he’s superb at stoping forward momentum from hit ups not to mention his passes are out in front. Then seggy comes waltzing on in when everyone is tired. Yes please

When the cameras went to the box, I was sure I could see the gears ticking over in Seibold’s head as to how he was gonna break it to Macca.

All I could see was Demas Wong figuring out how the game was going to be won

giphy.gif

I've never been a fan of the macca bashing, although he was definitely no cam Smith.but I saw something special in Turpin tonight. His effectiveness in defence, particularly 1 on 1 against front rowers. He is a better defender than Macca. I'm not sure macca deserves to come back.

Defensively strong, hits hard and plays eyes up footy and most importantly puts the ball in front of his runners.

Is it too early to say, he will be the Broncos and Queensland's long term hooker.

@McHunt, you picked a gem.

He had good moments, but also had some dumb moments.

He isn't an 80 minute hooker and still needs some polish but he is a good young hooker and a step up from Macca attack wise. We do look better with him out there. Broncos made the right call signing Segeyaro, though. I don't think we win tonight if Turpin was playing 80.

He isn't an 80 minute hooker and still needs some polish but he is a good young hooker and a step up from Macca attack wise. We do look better with him out there. Broncos made the right call signing Segeyaro, though. I don't think we win tonight if Turpin was playing 80.

Segeyaro is everything a hooker should be: right down to the niggle of Elias and Ennis. But Turpin is a very special player. Seibs did the exact right thing by hooking the God of Men when his fatigue cost us a possible try. I'd like to see Segs stay on the bench, and maybe even get a little bit longer next game.

Everything is good.
[automerge]1558104065[/automerge]
Is he better than Macca? Yes, easily. Is he God?

Also yes.
[automerge]1558104121[/automerge]
Obviously ‘sample size’ are words you do not understand...

How's 4 wins from 4 appearances for sample size?

Last edited:
It’s coming! Credit to seibs, he’s making the hard calls for the team game! What’s best for this team. Unfortunately for Macca it’s not him, I mean literally anyone who defended Macca based it on his defensive play alone. Turpin is a poor mans axe in the middle he’s superb at stoping forward momentum from hit ups not to mention his passes are out in front. Then seggy comes waltzing on in when everyone is tired. Yes please

Alright, again for those who don't understand.. This is not me defending Macca but simply me responding to a comment that I think is not very smart.

You're giving credit to Seibold for making hard calls for the team when the decision was only made because McCullough will be out for a few months? The week earlier he told Niko he wanted him as a bench hooker, so we would have had Macca at hooker and Niko at 14. Replacing both of them was not a hard call as Macca is injured and Niko asked for a release. People attempt to change history to suit their agendas and it's a joke really. Credit to Seibs for making the correct call for the team, but not for making a hard call. Yet, anyway.

I didn't think Turpin needed to come off and it wasn't because he was a spent force as confirmed by AS in the presser. They planned it that way the moment AS went with Segeyaro, on after 50 odd minutes. We can't be certain how it might have panned out with Turps for 80, he might have ignited the match winner himself. Belief and practice combined with youth and most importantly, opportunity means Turpin has the world at his feet. It's his to grasp.

He is doing well, no doubt about it. As i have said before, speaking to some of these guys who play ISC regularly, they actually consider it more difficult to play in ISC because so many players are playing for themselves to get noticed by NRL clubs instead of playing for the team. That doesnt happen as much when you get into an NRL side. Jake has certainly benefited from that.

I didn't think Turpin needed to come off and it wasn't because he was a spent force as confirmed by AS in the presser. They planned it that way the moment AS went with Segeyaro, on after 50 odd minutes. We can't be certain how it might have panned out with Turps for 80, he might have ignited the match winner himself. Belief and practice combined with youth and most importantly, opportunity means Turpin has the world at his feet. It's his to grasp.

I agree! Hopefully he builds his fitness and becomes an 80min hooker. I really like what he offers.

Turpin was pretty spent when he came off, there was a while spent doubled over at the dead ball line and Anning trying to get him to move.

Love how when Turpin gets an offload he immediately knows what to do.When Macca gets one he stands there for a couple of seconds like a deer in the headlights before taking an option.

Jake is in the moment, always watching the ball. Once our forward has taken first impact, Macca is already looking at his halves and line numbers to decide where to pass next, which on the surface is not a bad thing at all, but when you have offloads suddenly he’s caught the ball flat-footed and isn’t prepared to do anything with it

Jake is in the moment, always watching the ball. Once our forward has taken first impact, Macca is already looking at his halves and line numbers to decide where to pass next, which on the surface is not a bad thing at all, but when you have offloads suddenly he’s caught the ball flat-footed and isn’t prepared to do anything with it

Not only that, just the speed and vision to dart, pass wider and get the forwards running on a wider line is giving us so much space to play with! Its honestly so refreshing. Its Cook 2018 all over again.

Turpin was pretty spent when he came off, there was a while spent doubled over at the dead ball line and Anning trying to get him to move.
Maybe because he knew the plan he used all reserves in his 50 odd minute spell. AS said it was always the plan so Turpin knew.

Active Now

• BroncosMan
  • Organix
  • Broncorob
  • bb_gun
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Battler
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.