Jake Turpin Discussion

I think he has at different times, like i said, mostly when he is under pressure from being replaced or needing a contract. I dont think he has ever been close to Smith level, but who has really? The year we almost signed Smith, Macca was as good as anyone else going around.

I just wonder how much of him basically being a defensive, tackling machine has dulled his game. Its got to have taken its toll on his body.

Not just his body, but his mind. He settled into a 'i'll shuffle the ball, and hold the middle in defence' mentality years ago.

McCullough is a free agent at the end of this season with a 2 year option to extend his contract in his favour. Lets hope he doesn't renew, gets offered more money from another club.

Last edited:
Nyarr

Attachments

• 58ACB9F8-E176-44CE-9705-0082B33A3F4E.png
    58ACB9F8-E176-44CE-9705-0082B33A3F4E.png
    1,001 KB · Views: 178
Im hearing young Simpkin who had a pretty good MM season for Wynnum and is off contract with Brisbane this year is heading to Sydney next year , seems the broncos have too many halves at the moment instead of keeping genuine hookers, looking to develop some of the halves instead

Last edited:
Im hearing young Simpkin who had a pretty good MM season for Wynnum and is off contract with Brisbane this year is heading to Sydney next year , seems the broncos have too many halves at the moment instead of keeping genuine hookers, looking to develop some of the halves instead

Really hope that doesn't come back to bite us and one of the halves does develop into a good hooker.

What about that Harry Grant guy, was that just wishful thinking, or anyone know if the Broncos are genuinely interested?

Really hope that doesn't come back to bite us and one of the halves does develop into a good hooker.

We seem pretty right for hookers right now with Turpin and Segy. Tanah Boyd, I'm sure, would make a good back up both as half and hooker.

Not sure about halves. Yet to see whether Dearden is good enough for now, or something special. He's certainly the former.

McCollough off contact this year.

If I was Seibs, I'd be telling him he's not in our plans if we win this week. Allow him to start seeking out other opportunities now so he can be let go by year's end or even sooner.

Allows us the coin to extend Oates and TPJ

"Broncos hooker Andrew McCullough is technically a free agent despite having options in his favour to stay at Red Hill until 2021" - https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/cfbcc1a62aa01170a11d5f426e1d9b3e

Last edited:
I genuinely believe Macca would be good for the titans.

Agreed. He isn't what the Broncos need but he would suit a number of other sides - Titans, Storm, Cowboys, Penrith, Wests and even the Warriors.

Agreed. He isn't what the Broncos need but he would suit a number of other sides - Titans, Storm, Cowboys, Penrith, Wests and even the Warriors.
Is this Farrah's last year?
Might be a good place to go for him

Cam Smith must be shitting himself and the possibility of Macca coming to the Storm.

Obviously I was meaning if Smith retired. But come on, Smith or Macca, who would you take? Hands down, see ya Cam. haha
[automerge]1558581893[/automerge]

Last edited:
Even Panthers would make sense
Their ridding themselves of Maloney and will have some Monday to spend
They're in all sorts of problems right now in two areas:

Discipline
And
Attitude in defence

Two qualities Macca can bring to a going struggling side

Even Panthers would make sense
Their ridding themselves of Maloney and will have some Monday to spend
They're in all sorts of problems right now in two areas:

Discipline
And
Attitude in defence

Two qualities Macca can bring to a going struggling side

I think they would be the PERFECT match for Macca personally. He would complement Cleary well. Cleary is measured, accurate and calculated, he doesn't need fast service to shine, he needs consistent service. Luai will be their X-factor moving forward. They should be encouraged to throw some cash at Macca.

Not sure how Macca would suit the Storm.

Their gameplan relies on quality service from dummy half. Macca does not provide that.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Aldo
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Manifesto
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • broncsgoat
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.