NEWS Jamayne Isaako inspired by his father’s desperate fight against cancer

So I'm wondering what everyone's timeline is on 'potential' - with Isaako being the guy in question. For me - NRL is the highest level, so you can't pay for potential for too long. I'd be sitting on 2 years.

Considering his debut in 2018, I personally think Isaako has only marginally improved - but I also don't really count 19 or 20, due to his father's death - so I think he needs to pull all the silly stuff (drops under pressure & kicks on the full) from his game by the end of this year.

Also , and most concerning, I think his communication in defence must be pretty bad. There is a direct correlation between Isaako as our 1 , and us being a defensive liability.

I really like Isaako as a person, and as a player I think he deserves to be in the starting team... However , I don't think he should be the fullback.

I read that Cobbo's Intrust team (Wynnum) has the best defensive record, to the point that there is hardly any line breaks... that requires solid communication... Perhaps this may be the difference?

The video, man. It got me in the feels, love ya Jamayne! We all want you to do well bro and you ARE Making your dad proud!

Only just watched the video. You just want the guy to succeed. I would take one Isaako over 5 Milfords. Covid and his fathers passing have bought him time over his development but he needs to get his shit together by seasons end to continue as FB.

Only just watched the video. You just want the guy to succeed. I would take one Isaako over 5 Milfords. Covid and his fathers passing have bought him time over his development but he needs to get his shit together by seasons end to continue as FB.
I don't see the same as others do. I think he's progressing tremendously well. I'm perfectly happy for him to continue as he has done thus far and continue throughout the years whether it's fullback and in the thick of it. I think he'd go well at 5/8 but he's adaptable and he's capable anywhere. Obviously I leave out front row second row.

I think all his shit is nicely heaped in a pile, very much together already.

I don't see the same as others do. I think he's progressing tremendously well. I'm perfectly happy for him to continue as he has done thus far and continue throughout the years whether it's fullback and in the thick of it. I think he'd go well at 5/8 but he's adaptable and he's capable anywhere. Obviously I leave out front row second row.

Totally agree, I love the bloke and I think he can be a more than solid player for us for a long time. Maybe not at fullback, but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He has improved over the course of this year IMO, and if you write off the last two (which I'm happy to do given the circumstances) then that's all you can ask for. There are a few elite fullbacks around the comp and while I don't think he can quite reach those heights, I do think he's a pretty important part of the club and the group. More than happy to keep him as long as he continues to improve his game.

Love your work, Jamayne, you do your father proud every time you run out onto that field.

My kids watched this and my daughter said it is the best football show she’s ever seen and isaako is now her favourite current bronco (behind Darren Lockyer who retired before she was born lol) 🥰

Totally agree, I love the bloke and I think he can be a more than solid player for us for a long time. Maybe not at fullback, but I'm happy to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He has improved over the course of this year IMO, and if you write off the last two (which I'm happy to do given the circumstances) then that's all you can ask for. There are a few elite fullbacks around the comp and while I don't think he can quite reach those heights, I do think he's a pretty important part of the club and the group. More than happy to keep him as long as he continues to improve his game.

Love your work, Jamayne, you do your father proud every time you run out onto that field.

This didn't age well. FMD. Idk when that NRL piece was filmed but if it was during the week, it's clearly put him off. Sorry for putting the jinx on you JI but tonight was awful.

My kids watched this and my daughter said it is the best football show she’s ever seen and isaako is now her favourite current bronco (behind Darren Lockyer who retired before she was born lol) 🥰

Just don't let her watch the game. Will call DOCS if you do.

Not Bad Season 2 GIF by Paramount+

In what area do you see him developing?

His defence is a joke.

His positioning is a joke.

His support play is non-existant.

His running game is intermittent.

His mistakes are killing us.

So where is this improvement you see?

I feel sorry for him for the off-field stuff, but that doesn’t mean Kevin has to pick him. He is clearly not in a headspace to play NRL and Kevin is doing a disservice to Jamayne and our club by continuing to pick him at this point.

His tattoo is pretty sick.....thats new isn't it?

Active Now

• Redux
  • Allo
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
  • winslow_wong
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Johnny92
  • Porthoz
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Behold
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Accept
  • ChewThePhatt
  • bazza
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.