PLAYER Jamayne Isaako Discussion

So Isaako supports a rival code and wants to play for a team in that rival code.. And after the Broncos gave him his chance.

He's a fucking traitor and should be dropped.

So Isaako supports a rival code and wants to play for a team in that rival code.. And after the Broncos gave him his chance.

He's a fucking traitor and should be dropped.

Huh? Who gives a ****.

Your probably right Alec, though Brad Thorn never said he would support another NRL team when he retires :wink:

I'm pretty sure Super Freak was making fun of the Thaiday/Bird thing, lol.

I hope not because it isn’t not even close to comparable. Who gives a **** what he wants to do in another code. Thaiday is going to support our arch rival in the exact same code, our actual competition.

Like I said, I hope that wasn’t what he was doing...

As much as I like the guy, the All Blacks are the pinnacle of all rugby/league teams - he would have a very difficult time getting a look in.

Every single kiwi kid dreams of representing the All Blacks. It's like every queensland kid wants to represent the maroons. It's a stupid question and it get's a stupid click bait answer. "hey kiwi kid, would you like to represent the all blacks?" "f yeah of course bro"

The all blacks are wild. I've always wondered... Who would win 2010 ABs Vs. 2010 Maroons (if they were brought up playing the same game)

Match ups like
Smith v smith
Carter v Thurston
Nonu v Inglis
C. Smith v Lockyer
Dagg v Slater

Weirdly similar match ups / body shapes but I reckon QLD would win... That's the only year though. 2018 blacks would probably beat 2018 kangaroos

The all blacks are wild. I've always wondered... Who would win 2010 ABs Vs. 2010 Maroons (if they were brought up playing the same game)

Match ups like
Smith v smith
Carter v Thurston
Nonu v Inglis
C. Smith v Lockyer
Dagg v Slater

Weirdly similar match ups / body shapes but I reckon QLD would win... That's the only year though. 2018 blacks would probably beat 2018 kangaroos

I think we win in those key match ups, but I'm not sure about everywhere else too.

Match ups like
Smith v smith
Carter v Thurston
Nonu v Inglis
C. Smith v Lockyer
Dagg v Slater

See this is spoken like a true League fan. What code are they playing? If it's 40 minutes of each then for 40 minutes of the match QLD see no ball... period. If you're talking a hybrid game, that'd be more in favour of the AB's. The All Blacks forward pack was so good then. You had guys like Read, Thorn, Franks, Mealamu, Woodcock, Kaino and Richie McCaw. I love League, but I don't think Qld would even get close. Would Qld even win a scrum? AB's could just kick it out whenever they want and destroy the league scrum everytime and get the ball back.

See this is spoken like a true League fan. What code are they playing? If it's 40 minutes of each then for 40 minutes of the match QLD see no ball... period. If you're talking a hybrid game, that'd be more in favour of the AB's. The All Blacks forward pack was so good then. You had guys like Read, Thorn, Franks, Mealamu, Woodcock, Kaino and Richie McCaw. I love League, but I don't think Qld would even get close. Would Qld even win a scrum? AB's could just kick it out whenever they want and destroy the league scrum everytime and get the ball back.
Spoken like a true union fan....

Talks about how much better the union team is then goes on to talk about how they would destroy them in scrums and they can just kick the ball out for lineouts. What skill! News flash, federer would also be better then thurston at serving a tennis ball.

Isnt the point of a hybrid game to negate situations where one code has an advantage? What about comparing skills such as running game, athleticism, ability to create opportunities. The all blacks smash those powerhouses australia, most of that team would struggle to make an nrl side! The maroons would look great against ipswich too....

Brad thorn thought the most gifted player he ever played with was..... alfie... rexonas greatest athlete got dominated by.... slater... charity boxing matches... league won... union players are better at union skills, but running game, tough defence and athleticism is more of a necessity for nrl players to have to compete week to week. Have you ever watched the “super” rugby standard? Lol its nearly state cup level... The all blacks have become a powerhouse in union because they have made these components a strong part of their game alongside the union skill set, but would they beat players who dominate a competition of teams who have that skill set week after week...

I knew someone would say that, that's why I stated "that they were brought up playing the same game"

The skillset is relatively interchangable.

Players like Izzy, korobete and karmichael are good examples. Were good in one and similarly good in another, yet still can't get close to the blacks.

Beauden Barret would probably be the best League player too... If he grew up playing league. I can't think of anyone in our game with his skill set. The guy is proper dominant.

Last edited:
Love Jamayne's roadrunneresque move when he receives the ball and floats with both feet off the ground for a split second and then hits the afterburners!

If League and AFL didn't exist the All Blacks would have zero chance against the Wallabies. NZ are so good in Union because it's either a minor sport for other countries (Aus, France, Argentina, Japan, England, etc) or over the top elitist with horrible pathways into the professional sphere (South Africa, which also suffers from the ridiculously hypocritical quota system).

Nobody in Australia wants to watch teams scrum for five minutes straight or not have the ball in play for 40 minutes of an 80 minute game. I went to Churchie and played Union there, and I can tell you that very few people I went to school with passionately support Union as a code anymore. If support is waning from that demographic then the code is officially on life support in Australia.

I knew someone would say that, that's why I stated "that they were brought up playing the same game"

The skillset is relatively interchangable.

Players like Izzy, korobete and karmichael are good examples. Were good in one and similarly good in another, yet still can't get close to the blacks.

Beauden Barret would probably be the best League player too... If he grew up playing league. I can't think of anyone in our game with his skill set. The guy is proper dominant.

Can you imagine Inglis in his prime running at blokes like Beale and Phipps? Barrett would get targeted big time in defence in League, like he'd be in a different world of pressure in defence that would hurt his attacking output.

You can hide in Union, there's nowhere to hide in League.

Last edited:
If League and AFL didn't exist the All Blacks would have zero chance against the Wallabies. NZ are so good in Union because it's either a minor sport for other countries (Aus, France, Argentina, Japan, England, etc) or over the top elitist with horrible pathways into the professional sphere (South Africa, which also suffers from the ridiculously hypocritical quota system).

Nobody in Australia wants to watch teams scrum for five minutes straight or not have the ball in play for 40 minutes of an 80 minute game. I went to Churchie and played Union there, and I can tell you that very few people I went to school with passionately support Union as a code anymore. If support is waning from that demographic then the code is officially on life support in Australia.

Can you imagine Inglis in his prime running at blokes like Beale and Phipps? Barrett would get targeted big time in defence in League, like he'd be in a different world of pressure in defence that would hurt his attacking output.

You can hide in Union, there's nowhere to hide in League.
The fact you don’t have to be back 10m in defence certainly helps too.

Some union players defence makes Cartwright look like Tunza, imagine what they’d be like with a JTII or TPJ running at them on an edge.

It’d be a massacre.

Active Now

• Aldo
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • barker
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dash
  • broncs30
  • Alec
  • Sproj
  • GCBRONCO
  • RolledOates
  • Santa
  • MrMoore
  • heartly87
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Tim K
  • The Don
  • Big Del
  • bb_gun
  • Brocko
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.