RUMOUR James Roberts to Broncos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe said potentially this arvo when I asked him before, but if it's not today it'll be over the next couple of days.

We've definitely signed him.

From roberts family they are related

Remember cousin Beau Champion at South's who convinced Inglis to come there and then got punted to make room for him? Yeah, Inglis doesn't care much about extended family members :laugh:

**** yeah. Welcome to the Broncos, James.

I do get the feeling that, should we be successful in the next couple of years, Roberts will be the straight out the door on a $700k/yr contract elsewhere. But I still reckon we should sign him.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do get the feeling that, should we be successful in the next couple of years, Roberts will be the straight out the door on a $700k/yr contract elsewhere. But I still reckon we should sign him.
I'll happily face that scenario.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...k=62005c81797c2b875a8ea84806ddb764-1450157034

BRISBANE, South Sydney and St George Illawarra have been given an extension to submit their final offers for James Roberts with Wednesday morning the deadline.

The 22-year-old speed demon’s uncle and adviser, Jeremy Donovan, has held discussions with all three clubs since Roberts became a free agent after he severed ties with the Gold Coast last week.

Originally Donovan had hoped Roberts would have settled on a new home last Friday but ongoing negotiations have meant the final date for contract submissions have continued to be pushed back.

“We are still waiting on formal offers from all of those clubs,” Donovan told foxsports.com.au on Tuesday afternoon.

Sounds like we'll have to wait until at least tomorrow.

Wayne Bennett talks down James Roberts signing talk | The Roar

A coy Wayne Bennett has cast doubt on whether the Brisbane Broncos are truly in the hunt for the prized signature of star NRL free agent James Roberts.

Having left Gold Coast following his contract forgery debacle, the 22-year-old Dally M centre of the year is reportedly set to be offered a deal by the Broncos and is seen as an ideal replacement for the retired Justin Hodges.

But speaking on Tuesday at the unveiling of the 2016 NRL All-Stars teams in Brisbane, Bennett said it wasn’t on the cards.

“I keep reading about that,” Bennett told reporters when reminded Roberts, who was picked for the Indigenous All Stars side, doesn’t have a club.

Asked if Roberts will play for Brisbane, he said: “Not to my knowledge.”

Alright I actually have no idea what's going on

It's a merry-go-round...If he wasn't coming here Bennett would flat out say No!

I'll just leave this here, watch it on mute though (ughhh)....

I hope it's not insensitive to say because I have nothing but respect for the kid, but there is a lot of Jharal Yow Yeh in Roberts. Have the footy gods finally given us one back?

Last edited by a moderator:
Until his wearing a Broncos jersey I don't think such a comparison could be made. It saddens me though to think how great our back line would be with Yow Yeh and Oates both on the wing!

Roberts will be a Bronco

Joe, would you have any further updates as to the possibility of Lachie being kept to partner James as his wingman? It could prove to be a deadly try scoring combination. Hopefully WB considers this option.

Joe, would you have any further updates as to the possibility of Lachie being kept to partner James as his wingman? It could prove to be a deadly try scoring combination. Hopefully WB considers this option.

Even if Maranta stays he won't be in the first choice team.

I hope it's not insensitive to say because I have nothing but respect for the kid, but there is a lot of Jharal Yow Yeh in Roberts. Have the footy gods finally given us one back?
He doesn't have the freak of JYY. Plenty of speed , balance and a good long pass though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Nerd
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • Xzei
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • cento
  • Big Del
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.