James Segeyaro signs with Broncos - Effective Immediately

Are you the Andrew McCullough? I knew you read the forums.
Nah I have just seen how the players "nipping at his heels" have been playing in reserve grade. Segeyaro will be perfect for 15 or so minutes though. Can run his 30 metres then

Cook looked like he had a lot of talent from when he first got into first grade IMO, I remember being impressed. I dunno why it took him so long to secure a spot though.

Yeah Cook was a gun at the Bulldogs and they chose Lichaa over him lol, that'll have to go down as one of the worst "choosing x player over y player" decisions an NRL club has ever made, maybe not quite as bad as the Bulldogs choosing Sherwin over Thurston though...

Man, the Bulldogs really suck.

Good luck with that. He's going to be making way for Macca when he returns and coming off the bench like Niko did in 2015 which certainly wasn't a decade ago

He was terrific off the bench for the Sharks against us last year. Everything that Macca isn't. But Macca is ten times the man. Turbulent times.

Yeah Cook was a gun at the Bulldogs and they chose Lichaa over him lol, that'll have to go down as one of the worst "choosing x player over y player" decisions an NRL club has ever made, maybe not quite as bad as the Bulldogs choosing Sherwin over Thurston though...

Man, the Bulldogs really suck.

They swapped Lichaa for Ennis as well, who went on to be the MVP at the Sharks in 2016. Lichaa has got to be one of the biggest misses in their history, after losing Thurston.

As long as he keeps his head on, good option. Will be a great option on the bench as well when Macca returns.

Interesting thought, If he comes out absolutely on fire for 2-3 weeks, could he make qld team? I mean he's better than Granville...
Everyone’s better than Granville, so that’s not saying much.

Don't worry, we do have seibold. The guy who turned Damien cook from an occasional bench impact hooker into the australian 80 minute hooker, dally m hooker of the year, and the 2nd best hooker in the comp.
Seems like Wayne really fixes the players though. Roberts seems like a new man. And he really left an ongoing legacy with the attitudes of our players. Boyd even states repetitively that it's "just a game", I mean, who cares if we lose every week as long as they are getting "guided" and are "better people"...

Also, if segeyaro is a tool and the players aren't happy with it, **** THEM. The players have lost their right to whinge. All of them. And he can't exactly make this teams attitude any worse. Half of them whinge they aren't getting their way, and the other half appear to not care if they lose.

I dont worry about his ability tbf. I also think if 2 or 3 players are dickheads and they can corrupt the whole group then its not a strong group to start with.

Wayne doesnt necessarily fix players, but he absolutely helps them a lot as people. Not sure why you need to have a pop at Bennett in that regard. I'm sure their families and friends care more about them being a better person over thousands of Broncos fans who really couldnt give a damn about their personal lives. Also, Roberts is like a new man if you are being honest about it. He has had one slip up where he got drunk. Its what happens sometimes to people trying to live their lives and recover from an addiction, they make mistakes. If he keeps making them its a different story, but at the moment, its the exception, not the rule.

And Boyd is right, it is only a game. I totally understand fans hate hearing it, and at one point in my life i would of as well. Not these days though, things happen that make you realise how insignificant a game of Rugby League is in the scheme of things.

Just remember people it will take a few games to learn our plays and get in the grove and If Turps plays well we may just see the two of these blokes in the team for the rest of the year or one or the other subing in for Macca. It is about time we have options in the 9 and not just a given selection when healthy for Andrew.
Macca plays better when he has competition for his place as well

Isn’t only Wayne that guides them as even Roberts manager admitted.

Adam Walsh and Paul White have roles to play...

Yep, no question they do, but just from the things i know they seem to turn to him probably more than the two you mentioned. Bennett probably is around for players more.

Segeyaro, unless he is a complete and utter gronk, has to realize that this is his last shot at making something of his career as a footballer. He was in purgatory playing reserve grade for a very long time despite Cronulla playing like rubbish, with no club willing to pick him up until Brisbane lost its first choice hooker to injury then signed him out of urgency. If that isn't a big enough message for him before Seibold even gets in his ear, then the bloke is a lost cause.

Somehow I think he will latch on to this chance and give McC a big run for his money.

And Boyd is right, it is only a game. I totally understand fans hate hearing it, and at one point in my life i would of as well. Not these days though, things happen that make you realise how insignificant a game of Rugby League is in the scheme of things

Gotta disagree with this bit. How many of us would have given our testicles to be a first grade player? It should be his life. If that's his attitude then he should just retire from Broncos, forfeit his salary, and go and run around with his junior club on the weekends.

Segs has had nothing against him like Barba has to my knowledge.

In terms of domestic abuse he hasnt. I think with him its been his links to the criminal elements in NSW. Fairly sure he got warned by NSW police about it at one point. He is too good a player for nobody to really look at him, so at a guess i'd say something like his off field associations were probably putting some clubs off.

Can he play tomorrow or what? How about last week?

We finally have a fucking legitimate 9 to pressure Macca? This is unexpected and great.

Gotta disagree with this bit. How many of us would have given our testicles to be a first grade player? It should be his life. If that's his attitude then he should just retire from Broncos, forfeit his salary, and go and run around with his junior club on the weekends.

Depends on your life outlook mate tbh and things you may have been torugh. Boyd was more than likely of the same frame of mind in say 2015 or 2016. Difference is, nobody would have made a big issue of it because he was performing in the field. He isnt now so saying things like that are obviously going to cause him issues. I think its more than possible to treat it as a game and still do your job.

Maccas knee sounding like nikos cork
I don't think we can afford to release him as much as I go on about getting rid of him.

Honestly if he's on a modest wage I'd happily keep him around for the remainder of his contract. I genuinely don't think an 80 minute hooker is worth it unless they are genuinely top class.

Macca would be good opening the game with a fast dangerous 9 like Segs closing out games.

Active Now

• TimWhatley
  • Foordy
  • Battler
  • Sproj
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Galah
  • Brocko
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Johnny92
  • Fozz
  • Fitzy
  • jd87
  • KateBroncos1812
  • GCBRONCO
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.