James Segeyaro,

M

mstreet

QCup Player
Sep 3, 2020
He was great from the bench. Wonder if he would be open to a minimum wage contract? Not sure if all our spots in the 30 are filled. A lot of experience and the players really like having him around the club. Could be a poor man's Benji. Still unsure why we didn't offer him a contract for this year.

He was great from the bench. Wonder if he would be open to a minimum wage contract? Not sure if all our spots in the 30 are filled. A lot of experience and the players really like having him around the club. Could be a poor man's Benji. Still unsure why we didn't offer him a contract for this year.
He hasn't played or trained for more than a year but I thought he was pretty good for us. He tries his hand more than Turps, and that's not a bad thing when the opposition is weary. I'd prefer him to Luke and probably Paix, from what I've seen of him, and those two are fine at a pinch as well. Paix puts in some monster hits above his weight occasionally, but he hasn't impressed in attack.

Comes down to whether Walters thinks he'd fit in with the squad. A bit like @Wolfie said.

Last edited:
I'd be happy to see a focused Segeyaro on a minimum contract. Fantastic at getting a team going forward and can create half chances. Can also pinch metres unexpectedly. Better defender than Milford and could inject some life into the team.

That's all predicated on 'focused'.

He hasn't played or trained for more than a year but I thought he was pretty good for us. He tries his hand more than Turps, and that's not a bad thing when the opposition is weary. I'd prefer him to Luke and probably Paix, from what I've seen of him, and those two are fine at a pinch as well. Paix puts in some monster hits above his weight occasionally, but he hasn't impressed in attack.

Comes down to whether Walters thinks he'd fit in with the squad. A bit like @Wolfie said.

Yeah, after the dramas with Staggs and Haas last thing we need is player who hangs around some questionable people off the field.

I don’t think Segs is a fan of the club, can’t see him returning

Really good bench Hooker, we didn't get much games out of him but he was mega when playing for the Sharks, he is a dickhead though he fucked himself, zero chance he is coming back.

Really good bench Hooker, we didn't get much games out of him but he was mega when playing for the Sharks, he is a dickhead though he fucked himself, zero chance he is coming back.
If paix does not develop as hoped, levi or billy walters would both be good cheap bench hookers.

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.