PLAYER Jamil Hopoate Discussion

With our lack of depth in second rowers atm, he is our only option. He moves lateral better than Offa and I would say quicker off the mark as well. Second row is a hard position to defend, we need versatility there. Hope we get Teo that would help. Maybe Hoppa can go lock when Cardigan has a break? But that leaves us short on the edge once more

12 missed tackles and 5 ineffective tackles is not defensively solid

That’s out of 92 tackles.

Against the Cowboys he made 18 tackles and missed 1.

Against the Rabbitohs he made 30 tackles and missed 2.

Against the Eels he made 44 tackles and missed 7.

That’s not a defensive liability either. That’s just a bad night, which is what you expect from a rookie that’s only played 3 games. And people want to throw him to the wolves already.

Hopoate isn’t good enough to start and play big minutes at this point. Not sure why he was given such a big role.

Fair enough, maybe he was trying to play too hard instead of just doing his job.
That’s out of 92 tackles.

Against the Cowboys he made 18 tackles and missed 1.

Against the Rabbitohs he made 30 tackles and missed 2.

Against the Eels he made 44 tackles and missed 7.

That’s not a defensive liability either. That’s just a bad night, which is what you expect from a rookie that’s only played 3 games. And people want to throw him to the wolves already.

Hopoate isn’t good enough to start and play big minutes at this point. Not sure why he was given such a big role.

The game was gone so better to give him more minutes knowing we’d need him in the next few weeks than completely kill his confidence by hooking him.

Shit, we’ve put up with played having bad seasons let alone a one off howler.

The game was gone so better to give him more minutes knowing we’d need him in the next few weeks than completely kill his confidence by hooking him.

Shit, we’ve put up with played having bad seasons let alone a one off howler.
I would start him as lock and have Carrigan on the Bench.. I know, I know Wolfie is having a Heart Attack. However if we have The Flegler and Carrigan coming off the bench we will have some punch. Not a little pinch.

I would start him as lock and have Carrigan on the Bench.. I know, I know Wolfie is having a Heart Attack. However if we have The Flegler and Carrigan coming off the bench we will have some punch. Not a little pinch.
Question is are we able to hold it that long to throw some punch?

Question is are we able to hold it that long to throw some punch?
Well the other option is to have our best 13 on the field and leave them on until they're buggered then hope the interchange doesn't leave us wanting.

Active Now

• kiwibronco
  • Foordy
  • teampjta
  • Xzei
  • Browny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.