OFFICIAL Jarryd Hayne signs with Titans

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Titans have tabled an offer to Hayne.

THE Titans have ramped up their pursuit of code-hopping superstar Jarryd Hayne, tabling a multimillion-dollar deal to bring The Hayne Plane to the Gold Coast.

The Titans first revealed their interest in luring Hayne to Queensland when the ex-Parramatta flyer walked out on his NFL career with the San Francisco 49ers in May.

That interest progressed to a formal offer on Tuesday night for Hayne to join the Titans on a multi-season deal.

Hayne had a brief tilt at qualifying for Fiji’s rugby sevens team at the Rio Olympic Games and is now weighing up his next move.

Parramatta is favourite to sign Hayne for 2017, however the 28-year-old is exploring his options and The Courier Mail understands he is reluctant to play for another Sydney club.

Titans coach Neil Henry said the club had not landed Hayne’s signature.

“I haven’t got any signing news,” Henry said. “There’s nothing on Jarryd Hayne unfortunately.”

The Titans are having their best season in five years and are in contention to play finals football for the first time since 2010.

After being burnt by the Daly Cherry-Evans debacle last year, the Titans are still on the hunt for a marquee man to be the face of the club.

Hayne, a former Test and State of Origin star, would be the biggest signing in the club’s 10-season history.

Queensland coach Kevin Walters urged the Titans to go hard for Hayne in a bid to boost their brand.

“They have to have a crack at Hayne for sure,” he said. “I wouldn’t go paying $2 million for him but if they can get him there at the right price, he would be a great signing for the Titans.

“Jarryd Hayne would be great in a promotional sense. They are playing some great football with a no-nonsense attitude and a special athlete like Hayne could turn them into a genuine title contender.”

Henry has left his fullback options for next season open. He has given contracted players William Zillman and Josh Hoffman permission to negotiate with rivals and is yet to re-sign current No. 1 David Mead.

Titans CEO Graham Annesley confirmed negotiations with Hayne were ongoing.

“We are still in discussions,” he said. “We’ve just got to go through a process.”

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

Last edited:
Re: NRL Movements and Rumours - 2016

Apparently Weidler said he's signed overnight. I don't believe it.

That's amazing for the Titans

Reports are there is going to be a press conference this morning where he'll announce it.

I'm guessing the 10 day cooling off period doesn't apply to players coming from outside the NRL?

I would so laugh if he found a way to backflip and sign with the Eels...

1. Hayne
2. Macdonald
3. Hoffman
4. Hurrell
5. Don
6. Elgey
7. Taylor
8. Wallace
9. Peats
10. James
11. Taia
12. McQueen
13. Bird

14. Roberts
15. Paasi
16. Shillington
17. Douglas

Will be fun to watch at they very least.

Tallis is saying that about a month ago Henry told about 8 players they're free to look elsewhere. Hoffman was one [emoji846]

So I'm wondering, do the Eels stand in his way?

They said he signed an agreement to come back to the Eels if he returned to the NRL.

Titans are having their best season in 5 years and decide to sign one of sports' biggest egos. Why can I see this backfiring?

**** Parramatta, this is great for the Coast. I might even go watch a few games!

Titans are having their best season in 5 years and decide to sign one of sports' biggest egos. Why can I see this backfiring?

It isn't going to be backfiring on them.

The way they are recruiting, they will be premiership contenders in 2-3 years.

Last edited:

Things are looking good they nearly beat the sharks and now they sign a class player like Hayne.

Epic signing. Go Titans!! Lol

Because you've chosen to find a negative in. A huge positive.

Nothing stopping him playing by next weekend; he's not an NRL player so June 30 doesn't apply. NRL approved and he is right to go straight away.

Because you've chosen to find a negative in. A huge positive.

The negative for me is the way he's treated the Eels; they helped him out and let him go and now he's shafted them.

Nothing stopping him playing by next weekend; he's not an NRL player so June 30 doesn't apply. NRL approved and he is right to go straight away.

omwe.gif

Active Now

• davidp
  • The Don
  • Johnny92
  • MrMoore
  • Manlyman
  • Financeguy
  • Manofoneway
  • Broncorob
  • thenry
  • bert_lifts
  • Broncosgirl
  • Battler
  • Hoof Hearted
  • mieko
  • Sproj
  • Swordfish
  • PETERN
  • BroncoFan94
  • heartly87
  • Foordy
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.