OFFICIAL Jarryd Hayne signs with Titans

Or you could get complicated and throw in a present perfect: had to have had.

I think it really stinks that he is allowed to play this year.

IMO: It's not fair for the players at the Titans who have played well to get them into the top 8 & for the other teams in the top 8.

I don't really think fairness comes into it in professional sport, its not under age footy. As mentioned in a previous post, up to 8 players, including hoffman and mead, had been told more than a month ago that they weren't part of plans for 2017 and beyond so if they hadn't taken the hint back then to secure there future then no-one but themselves to blame. As it is, it looks like injury to Ty Roberts will help Hayne get a spot on the bench so I don't think too many regular top team players will worry that instead of having to bring a fringe player onto the bench at the sharp end of the season, they can give this new kid Hayne a shot and see how he goes. Lets just put it into Bronco terms... with our injury situation, and slide down the ladder, would you persist with Maranta, or give Hayne a crack on the wing this week.

EDIT: Flaming

Last edited by a moderator:
Who makes way this season for him though? The Tits are playing some good footy, seem to have great cohesion and to use an old cliche....seem to be playing for each other. One of them now gets shunted back to reserve grade to make way for a signing made a few weeks out from finals. It's a great signing for the Titans absolutely, but I'm not a fan of him pushing someone else out so late in the season when they seem to have a very settled playing group.

I'm reasonably confident Hayne doesn't pick the side so HE isn't shunting anyone out rather Henry is picking a more talented player over another.
The same thing happened when they bought Hurrell and Peats and the Titans didn't lose a beat.

Also it's not like the Titans have stormed into the top 4 and are staring down a premiership. I doubt many players would upset the side with public displays of resentment (bar Hoggman) anyway, you would hope that they would be more professional than that.

I'm reasonably confident Hayne doesn't pick the side so HE isn't shunting anyone out rather Henry is picking a more talented player over another.
The same thing happened when they bought Hurrell and Peats and the Titans didn't lose a beat.

Also it's not like the Titans have stormed into the top 4 and are staring down a premiership. I doubt many players would upset the side with public displays of resentment (bar Hoggman) anyway, you would hope that they would be more professional than that.

Pedantic much haha? That's not what I meant and you know it. Yeah, you would hope the playing group would be more professional than that but it isn't always the case. I hope he just slots straight in with barely a hiccup. But the bottom line is, this sort of thing can disrupt a teams cohesion. The fact that it's Hayne could negate that somewhat I guess.

Hayne also seemed to spend a lot of that presser lamenting the fact that he wasn't playing for Parra.

Pedantic much haha? That's not what I meant and you know it. Yeah, you would hope the playing group would be more professional than that but it isn't always the case. I hope he just slots straight in with barely a hiccup. But the bottom line is, this sort of thing can disrupt a teams cohesion. The fact that it's Hayne could negate that somewhat I guess.

Hayne also seemed to spend a lot of that presser lamenting the fact that he wasn't playing for Parra.

Haha I should have used emoticons it's a downfall of mine, but damn Sack, that sig is just so disturbing I have trouble thinking sometimes. Also I have to rush so the missus doesn't see it and think I'm on on grindr

He's no SBW by the sounds of it.

SBW brought the next level of to the Roosters to deliver that premiership in 2013. He is the type of player who makes the others believe in themselves.

SBW was the hardest worker, most professional and modest sounding, quiet dude.

Hayne plane buzzing into gltizy Cooloongatta and the "under administration" Titans as a 2nd choice to spite the ex-girlfriend (Eels)...

I'd be cautiously optimistic at best about it as a Titans fan.

Haha I should have used emoticons it's a downfall of mine, but damn Sack, that sig is just so disturbing I have trouble thinking sometimes. Also I have to rush so the missus doesn't see it and think I'm on on grindr

You're welcome.

Gold Coast Titans motto - "We'd rather play for Parramatta"

Calls (07) 5656 5650
"Gold Coast Titans General Enquiries, you train 'em, we buy 'em. How can I help you".

I think it's been revealed why Hayne took the bigger money offer.

13876186_1072725316114261_7002281198607311636_n.jpg

Those surgeries aren't going to be cheap.

I thought Hayne started in his best NFL position. Smart play by the coach to go with something familiar. Wish I had him in supercoach. How many points again for a hip flexor stretch?

For all the hype and despite a bad pass thought he was damn good for 2 years out. Good defensive reads and showed some attacking skills.

Wonder if his heart will be in it long term after the excitement wears off and he realises there are better things to do on the Gold Coast that can get an athlete side-tracked...

Wonder if his heart will be in it long term after the excitement wears off and he realises there are better things to do on the Gold Coast that can get an athlete side-tracked...

He'll be alright, Sea World gets a bit boring after a couple of times and it's not really beach weather until October.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • broncsgoat
  • Dash
  • Aldo
  • lynx000
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Harry Sack
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Broncosarethebest
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.