Jason Demetriou vs Kevin Walters

one example from 20 years ago?

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not a modern day Bennett fan. After all, his most recent premiership was also 15 years ago yet gets by because he has teams that almost make it and then fall apart because of contracts he hamstrings clubs with when he leaves.

Even so, Bellamy has turned out to be a better coach than Bennett is.

maybe just dont have bennett include you in his succession plan for a club,that tends to be the kiss of death atm.
and lol at bellamy would his resume been anywhere near as good with out his cap cheating years? those years set the storm up pretty well id say.not to mention his failure to get it done at SOO level

The whole Walsh situation is probably part of what will help keep him here til he retires.
He's seen the other side and knows how much he loves the club. Even though he was a Warrior he was always a Bronco and he figured that out pretty quick.

Very similar situation to Hodges. Once he realised the grass wasn't always greener and came back, we were never at risk of losing him again

I just can't believe how nearly all of Wayne's recommended coaches end up getting sacked before they get an extension.

I don't even think it's a Wayne thing but it's a bit ridiculous at this point. Maybe they try to emulate him and that doesn't work out for them instead of coaching their own way? JD was always highly regarded.
Could it be that Wayne is pure man manager and stays away from the tactical side... whereas his lead assistant heads up the tactical side of the coaching.

Suddenly when the assistant takes over they've got to fill the man manager void, but I doubt they would be willing to handover the tactics side, because that's what got them to where they are in the first place.

There could also be an issue where the assistant is viewed as lesser than Wayne, because that's literally what they were 12 months ago, so it's harder to get the message across if you're not demanding the respect from the playing group.

It's like the assistants just can't keep the culture the same when they take over... everyone plays for Wayne and then there is a lull for the new guy... maybe it's just emotionally fatiguing getting up for Wayne that they can't replicate for the new guy and then it falls apart.

Could it be that Wayne is pure man manager and stays away from the tactical side... whereas his lead assistant heads up the tactical side of the coaching.

Suddenly when the assistant takes over they've got to fill the man manager void, but I doubt they would be willing to handover the tactics side, because that's what got them to where they are in the first place.

There could also be an issue where the assistant is viewed as lesser than Wayne, because that's literally what they were 12 months ago, so it's harder to get the message across if you're not demanding the respect from the playing group.

It's like the assistants just can't keep the culture the same when they take over... everyone plays for Wayne and then there is a lull for the new guy... maybe it's just emotionally fatiguing getting up for Wayne that they can't replicate for the new guy and then it falls apart.

I agree with you, I think coaching in general in the NRL (most elite sports) is about managing men and being able to motivate them. The actual coaching and tactical play, most people who have achieved anything in the sport can do that.

I just can't believe how nearly all of Wayne's recommended coaches end up getting sacked before they get an extension.

I don't even think it's a Wayne thing but it's a bit ridiculous at this point. Maybe they try to emulate him and that doesn't work out for them instead of coaching their own way? JD was always highly regarded.
I bet it comes down to how Wayne interacts with his players. He allows things with some and manages them his way. It works for him and not many people can follow that.

The guys end up thinking this is what a coach should be or Wayne let me off here but now so and so doesn't have faith that I can do it without the extras ect.

Waynes "man management" you could argue isn't perfect. It's been evident for a long time that Waynes method needs Wayne to get good performances out of the playing group.

Oh don't get me wrong, I am not a modern day Bennett fan. After all, his most recent premiership was also 15 years ago yet gets by because he has teams that almost make it and then fall apart because of contracts he hamstrings clubs with when he leaves.

Even so, Bellamy has turned out to be a better coach than Bennett is.

I disagree. Bellamy would have gone the same way if not for the cheating.

Active Now

• Financeguy
  • Jazza
  • Santa
  • Mister Wright
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • jd87
  • Lurker
  • winslow_wong
  • BroncoFan94
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • bb_gun
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Broncos Maestro
  • cento
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.