Jeff Horn vs. Terence Crawford

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Broncs_Fan, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Has been officially announced that Jeff Horn will defend his WBO welterweight title against Terence Crawford in Las Vegas on 14th April.

Crawford was the unified junior welterweight champion (140 pounds) and this is his first fight at welterweight (147 pounds).

He's regarded by many people as one of the best fighters in the world, 'pound for pound'.

Horn is a huge underdog. Crawford is obviously the more skilful fighter but it remains to be seen how he will perform at welterweight where he will face bigger guys.

Horn is tough, rugged and awkward and hopefully he gives Crawford a fight.

Tags:
    mkram23 likes this.
  2. mkram23

mkram23 U18 Player

Crawford comfortably wins, too slick, too awkward. I'd imagine Crawford's team will be telling the ref to keep an eye on Horn using his forearms and head. Similar to Lomachenko imitating Rigondeaux holding in the pre fight...
    It would be an amazing achievement if Horn can pull it off

Broncs_Fan likes this.
  3. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

Yeah, as much as I like Horn, he's really up against it here. Hard to see him winning.

4. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

The weight thing will be interesting though. It's unknown how Crawford will transition to welterweight.

5. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

I don't think it will matter too much, if it was the opposite direction maybe. Crawford will have too much power for Horn.

6. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Not sure about that. Horn is pretty powerful also. Crawford's boxing prowess is what will trouble Horn most likely.

7. mkram23

mkram23 U18 Player

Fight delayed roughly a month. Crawford suffering a minor (right) hand injury.

Broncs_Fan likes this.
  8. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

Horn fights Crawford at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas next Sunday Australian time. Super pumped for the fight. It's very rare to see an Aussie boxer fighting on the big stage in Las Vegas.

Huge likes this.
  9. Not as pumped as Horn is about to be :clown:

Crawford by knock-out in the 3rd round.

GKDonkey likes this.
  10. mitch222

mitch222 State of Origin Rep

I think Horn will hold himself up well in the ring. That pacman fight done his confidence the world of good. The kid is a scraper and I think it will go the distance. If he is going to win though he needs to knock him out. He wont get a decision over there

11. Broncs_Fan

Broncs_Fan NRL Player

I doubt it at welterweight.

12. Crawford is going to kill him.

I watch both of them and I just can't see a win for Horn.

13. Horn should just jump out of the ring and pop Crawfords trainer in the jaw. How's a boxing trainer a tubby POS?

14. Our boy's overweight

15. soup

soup

He re-weighed in under within the hour, so all’s good.

Huge likes this.
  16. Renegade

Renegade NRL Captain

If anyone wants to watch it... I have a means of doing so. Pm.

17. Dexter

Dexter

What time does it look like starting?

18. Foordy

Foordy

about 15mins

19. Rally Towel

Rally Towel NRL Player

Got him just in time for the main event. Face value, very big ask for Horn. Mind you, I didn't think he'd beat Pac and here we are.

Horn is scrappy and a bit awkward, if he can fight like he did against Pac he might frustrate Crawford a bit. Jab his way in, clinch up, throw a few in short then wait for the ref to break and repeat. Uphill battle though.