NEWS Jesse Arthars in the mix

McHunt

McHunt

International Rep
Contributor
Aug 25, 2018
Travis Meyn is talking up new recruit Jesse Arthars in tomorrow's Courier Mail:

Claims he's in a "two way tussle" with Isaako for the number 1 jersey. Arthars played 12 games at centre and wing for the Titans last year but fullback is his preferred position:

“I really enjoy fullback. I’ve played a lot of the lower grades at fullback. I do enjoy playing there. I can bring a lot of speed out the back. I can talk a lot. It depends what Seibs wants from his fullback. That’s why we are all going hard for the spot. If that’s not the position for me here then I’m happy to fill in where they need me. There is a lot of competition here. That’s what’s so good about this club. Everyone is competing really hard. It’s going to be a grind to see who gets the No. 1 jersey. I’ve had experience with Seibs before at Souths (2018), I had a year under him and enjoyed my time there. I learnt a lot. I progressed as a footy player. It’s good to be back working under Seibs. When I was with Seibs at Souths I felt like I learnt so much. When he moved up here he gave me a call and we had a meeting. I was really excited to link back up with him because I knew under Seibold I’d get my best development. That’s why I made the decision (to leave the Titans).”

In other news, Oates had a light run at training in his return from a leg infection.

Last edited:
Mmmmm, choice. Isaako will feel the heat and it looks like only a few players know no one is around to displace them currently. Everyone else is inder pressure. Haas and Fifita don't have much to be concerned about.

This can only be a good thing.

If Arthars dominates at Fullback in ISC and forces his way in to side, that likely means Isaako shifts back to the wing and bye bye Darius.
Maybe this is the agreed long term goal.....

Mmmmm, choice. Isaako will feel the heat and it looks like only a few players know no one is around to displace them currently. Everyone else is inder pressure. Haas and Fifita don't have much to be concerned about.

Agree hugie (it’s not often I know). Nice to catch you out on a spelling error too ...even though it’s obviously a typo :)

If Arthars dominates at Fullback in ISC and forces his way in to side, that likely means Isaako shifts back to the wing and bye bye Darius.
Why would it be Bye Bye Darius if issako goes back to his right wing ... Since Boyd would play left centre and bird right?

Imagine if all this talk about isaako and now Arthars getting a run at fullback is just a cover up for Boyd getting first shot there for round 1.

Staggs was hands down our best centre last year. It's madness to play him anywhere else unless he's completely lost it. I assure you he likely would be at 1 or 2 if he wasn't in the rehab group
But he is in the rehab group [emoji2369]

Wouldn't O'Sullivan be in the rehab group too? He's named isn't he?

We don’t have that kind of luck.

Isaako would have to feel reasonably safe given he's our only legitimate Goal Kicker.

Milford's and Croft are the only other kickers I'm aware of us having but neither of them are ideal options on a regular basis.

Active Now

• Santa
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Mum-the-meatloaf
  • bert_lifts
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Sproj
  • porouian
  • Kev_Guz
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Johnny92
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • MrTickyMcG
  • barker
  • Galah
  • Dash
  • BroncosAlways
  • Culhwch
  • broncotville
... and 16 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.