*Jobseekers* and *help needed*

roo-ted

NRL Player
After seeing the huge lines at Centrelink and hearing about the number of people that have sadly lost their jobs due to Covid-19 restrictions. I thought I would open a thread for anyone that is looking for work or anyone that is needing help.
I’m hoping that if people are needing a job, and members on this site have jobs or know of any jobs going, they can meet up here.
Let’s help one another out and try support families in need, if possible.

Renegade

NRL Captain
Great idea guys.

I'll keep an eye out at work for anything on offer. In the interim, visit smartjobs.qld.gov.au (Sorry not really too helpful atm but will let y'all know as soon as I hear something, can be anything from specialized it to basic call center shit that only needs customer service skills)

Last edited:

Porthoz

International Captain
Staff
Third Rock from the Sun
I think Woolies are also looking to hire a similar number of peeps.
Woolies took on a lot of Qantas casuals who lost their job... and are already taking backlash from the existing casuals who are getting less hours per week.

It is quite possible that the supply chain industry will need more people while the crisis lasts.
These jobs will be mostly menial and physically demanding.
I am working from home, so I don't have the hear on the ground, but if I hear something I will post it here for those interested.

Broncos Maestro

QCup Player
Welp, looks like I’m off to work tomorrow as per usual.
Me too. Boss is guy in his 60s and still panicks if all the world's servers suddenly went down. To counteract this we triple print everything. 😡😡
- Merged

That's relative. We pay rugby league players millions of dollars to throw a ball around and do a bit of running.
I would rather the doctors and nurses got those wages, and the footy players got the current health worker wages. makes a ton more sense to me anyway.
Personally I've never understood why actors and sports stars get millions of dollars when people crucial to society get paid peanuts in comparison.
Seems backwards to me.
The glorious pursuit of Capitalism??

Last edited:

pagey

NRL Captain
Welp, looks like I’m off to work tomorrow as per usual.
Same at a fucking hospital too , almost walked into the "dirty section " on Friday. Had no signs up or anything, luckily we ran into a nurse who informed us what the deal was. Whilst getting the **** out a patient and 2 doctors came out of the lift wearing masks and hazmat suits, one doctor held the lift for me and I was like "**** no " but kept prompting me in . So yeah not to fucking keen for work.

After seeing the huge lines at Centrelink and hearing about the number of people that have sadly lost their jobs due to Covid-19 restrictions. I thought I would open a thread for anyone that is looking for work or anyone that is needing help.
I’m hoping that if people are needing a job, and members on this site have jobs or know of any jobs going, they can meet up here.
Absolutely awesome idea mate. A great show of Broncoshq, and community, spirit.

roo-ted

NRL Player
Absolutely awesome idea mate. A great show of Broncoshq, and community, spirit.
Thanks mate, it’s just crazy watching all these people losing their jobs. Being a farther myself, not being able to provide for my family is one of my greatest fears. Hopefully we can help some people out and keep the spirt of community strong. It just shows how many good people are on this site by the posts that have already gone up and the willingness to take the time out of their day to help one another out. Sadly I think this thread might become more and more useful as we go further into this

Last edited:

AndyB

QCup Player
Great idea mate.
I am in the unsure section of what will happen to my position.
Based in Perth, I had been offered a full-time position at the Karratha gas plant with UGL (electrician by trade, finishing off my instrumentation trade cert) after doing a shutdown as a casual, as of the last week or so.
I'm back here now on another swing but on a casual contract.
Woodside have slashed their original forecast due to the oil and LNG drop in price, and that includes the Karratha life extension project which I'm on.

Last edited:

roo-ted

NRL Player
Great idea mate.
I am in the unsure section of what will happen to my position.
Based in Perth, I had been offered a full-time position at the Karratha gas plant with UGL (electrician by trade, finishing off my instrumentation trade cert) after doing a shutdown as a casual, as of the last week or so.
I'm back here now on another swing but on a casual contract.
Woodside have slashed their original forecast due to the oil and LNG drop in price, and that includes the Karratha life extension project which I'm on.
Good to hear you were offered another contact mate. I’m in the construction industry with a background of community services and at this point it looks like both are pretty safe.
Even in England where it is a complete lock down apparently there are several sites that are still going and Trades are allowed to continue under strict guidelines. Hopefully I can continue swinging a hammer and you can continue running cable

Clintos

NRL Captain
Around
My heart goes out to anyone who has lost their jobs, or have had their hours reduced as a result of this. I honestly have no idea what I would do if I lost my job right now, and I'm sure that's exactly what a lot of other people were saying as well.

There are people hiring right now. As a few have said, the supermarkets are hiring basically everything. If you have admin and/or accounts experience than the government and QLD health are looking for help. I know some people mind find things like this "beneath them", but now is not the time for pride.

I work for one of the largest privately owned recruitment companies in Brisbane. Before you say it - I know, labour hire is looked upon negatively in a lot of industries, but at times like this some short term casual work could be the difference between having food on your table and going hungry. Plus - the new labour hire licencing laws has really minimsed the dodgy operators.

I am not a recruiter (**** that) so I can't help you directly, but if you're looking for work don't be too proud to register for an agency (or two). We're busy at the moment, and I imagine others are as well as permanent employees go and temporary becomes more cost effective.

I won't bother mentioning the agency I work for because I'm not trying to plug it, just trying to offer an alternative that some may not have considered.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Teak1983

Members online

Twitter